{'en': 'Uncontrolled with glycemia in school', 'es': 'Descontrol con las glucemias en el cole'} Image

Uncontrolled with glycemia in school

RocioLlinares's profile photo   09/22/2015 5:05 p.m.

Hello, I would thank you very much if you could advise me ...

Maria has started the course, 2nd of ESO, her schedule begins at 8, so we have had to advance breakfast an hour.

The first days rose quite low, when Normal rose quite well, we thought it would be to have to do it sooner than usual ..... We wait a few days and regularized ....., it has also had toadvance your time of lunch and delay food ....

The problem is that we had the hypos quite controlled, but since the school began it is rare the day that does not have one before finishing the classes at noon.Today it has risen with 92, has had breakfast around 7.15 its 4 rations of HC and has punctured Humalog 4;He has reached lunch at 9.40 with 170, his 2.5 R HC has been taken and 2 units has been put;At 2 (which is when he gets home) he was with 52. Today he has had the hypo later, but these days he used to have it during the last class that is about 1.

We have thought to increase a fast unit at breakfast to prevent lunch from getting so high (before the school it does not happen because it cannot be still a second, now I suppose that it will arrive higher by having to be still), and that it takes aExtra HC ration in your second break that is about 11.40 to avoid the hypos they give in the last classes.

Another fact, has physical education one hour after lunch, and the last class almost lost it because it is high, she who could and the teacher who did not ..... the teacher consulted the values ​​we had given him and theFinal gave the class, but just just .... but that day he did not get rid of the hicc as late in the morning.

What do you advise us?

Thank you!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
09/22/2015 5:05 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Sorry, I just saw an open thread a few days ago about hypoglycemia, I could have put it there ... now I don't know if you can move the consultation ... and also that there is a section of "questions about diabetes"Now I don't know if the subject can be erased or if someone can do it.It is the first forum in which I participate and you are paying my ride ....

RocioLlinares
09/22/2015 5:16 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares Another option would be to leave the dose of Isulina like this and eat 3 servings at breakfast and another 3 at lunch.For the theme of the hypos before eating, test to add nuts at lunch, they digest very slowly and usually go well for these cases.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
09/22/2015 6:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Gracias by the Inday Council !!!!.It is not a bad idea, I had not thought about it .... With breakfast I will try it, the problem will be to upload HC at lunch, since it then has the physical education class, and the last day it was high and theclass....

RocioLlinares
09/22/2015 6:53 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Although a little is high to EF, nothing happens to give the class, it is worth more than to get thereA pair of cookies ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/22/2015 9:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I already get the trick.What I see a roll is that you have to click on recess ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/22/2015 9:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

What I think is happening to Mary is that it consumes more hydrates than before starting school.If you eat the same portions and put the same insulin guidelines and have hypos at noon is because its central nervous system (basically the brain) is pulling glucose.That simple.Brain activity, which consumes only glucose.Before school, its brain activity was lower.If we assume that this is the cause of the hypos, the solution is clear: to increase the rations of carbohydrates a bit.We do not touch insulin, the brain has more glucose, and all happy.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/23/2015 12:52 a.m.

Many grace for your advice.
As I have EF again an hour after lunch and on the last day he arrived with 235, we will try to continue as before seeing how he arrives, and as the hypic was during the last class, a control in class change will be made in class change andDepending on how it looks, it will take a cookie or not, to try to avoid that hiccIf we will not test everything you have told me.
We are also thinking if these high values ​​can influence nerves, he loves sport, and he is afraid to miss the class for being high or is afraid to reduce his times and records in the tests that these days are doing it.....

RocioLlinares
09/23/2015 10:07 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I tell you how the morning has gone, it has risen with 84, we have followed the same rapid pattern as until now, and has arrived with 215 to lunch (even higher), one more quickly has been punctured, lunch a minibocata from2.5 R HC with ham, and an hour later as I had EF has been controlled again and had 279, the teacher has decided to wait to see if he went down and at 10 min.I had 181 (I suppose the rapid lunch has taken effect), he has done the class normally and then had 213 (the increases after the exercise are common in Maria).And now before eating 74, and thanks that a cookie has been taken before the last class to avoid the hypo that had these days.
Tomorrow I suppose we should try to increase a quick at breakfast, put an extra ration of HC at lunch in case it would lower him tooWhen you have the hypo, and to see what happens .......
This is desperate, when we believed to have it more or less under control, we go and pack to see 200 ....

RocioLlinares
09/23/2015 2:06 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

How much does it get to dinner?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/23/2015 2:51 p.m.

If the lantus covers 24 hours will be fine. If not.
I believe that the descent of the eating time is because of the rà of lunch ..
Upload the breakfast of breakfast and you may not need to lunch if it takes less hydrates. (Ina cookie and a cheese?)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/23/2015 2:56 p.m.

Regina, for now to dinner, arrives well, yesterday with 107, today I don't have them all with me and gets up well, even these days rather low, but I suppose it would be to get up an hour before, yesterday and today better.That's why I think it's for the fast.Tomorrow we will do what you say, one more at breakfast and as I get to lunch we will do ..... and to see what we agree to have lunch, since it has lunch at 9.40 and eat at 2, I thought that those descentsThey would be for more hours without eating for the school schedule, but we are getting more and more lost ... and on top of the day 1 change the schedule again and there will be two days that the classes will begin an hour before ....

RocioLlinares
09/23/2015 3:26 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I think he does need another unit at breakfast and I agree with Regina that if you can save the rapid lunch better.Try to give cheese and nuts for example, so you will eat something but you could save the fast dose.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
09/23/2015 4:39 p.m.

Is the recreation schedule a bit weird ... does not have one at 11?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/23/2015 5:32 p.m.

No, in September and June, no.Only 10 min of rest but at 11:40, at which time I have told him to take advantage of controlof eating.In these months, they make a continuous day, and being in high school begins, at 8 and ends at 13.30.Hence the lack of control, from day 1 if he will have it at 11, he will start at 9 and end at 13 with a game, except two days that he will start at 8. Then I hope he takes it more controlled, it will beJust the same schedule that we have taken during the summer, and to see the two days that he will have breakfast an hour earlier as he reaches lunch ....

RocioLlinares
09/23/2015 5:46 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

With that schedule you will be better. See if you can find a lunch that avoids the puncture.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/23/2015 11:18 p.m.

At the age of your daughter, @rociolinares, it is very complicated.I know from experience.You will have to habituate that 2+2 are not 4 too often.
My only advice is the same as the previous ones: avoid lunch puncture.It is not necessary to raise breakfast and lunch the appropriate.And your daughter will appreciate it.
That of the snack however is inevitable, at least for us.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/24/2015 8:49 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

And so complicated ......, since we had with this it had never cost us so much to adjust the doses.
Today it has risen with 70, it has had breakfast as these days and according to your tips one more quickly has been punctured, because nothing, at lunchtime (9:40) 237, therefore 3 has been punctured (amore than usual).He has waited until 11:40 that has a 10 min break.And 213, this control is made to try to avoid the hypo that was over 13 h and that has not had.However now at 2:00 p.m.88.
Yesterday I thought about changing boli, but it was that in the afternoon it was with values ​​between 100 and 120 and I thought it would not be insulin.Today I don't know what to think ..... and the truth is that all this demoralizes us ...

RocioLlinares
09/24/2015 2:11 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Put another one of rapida at breakfast and lunch something without clicking.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/24/2015 4:41 p.m.

Gracias Regina, tomorrow I try it and see what happens ...

RocioLlinares
09/24/2015 4:45 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.