{'en': 'Renew the driving license, do I say it or do I say it?', 'es': 'Renovar el carnet de conducir ¿Lo digo o no lo digo?'} Image

Renew the driving license, do I say it or do I say it?

fer's profile photo   11/13/2013 2:54 p.m.

Are you sure that in case of accident, the car insurance will not cover third parties?It is mandatory by law.
I know more than one who has caused alcohol and drug accidents, and those affected have gained insurance, another thing is that insurance initiates a judicial process against which the accident causes drugs, alcohol or diabetes.

If you declare diabetes, how do you demonstrate in case of an accident that it has not been for a decrease in sugar or an alteration associated with diabetes?It is impossible and the insurance is going to grab this to get pasta and not cover you.
I see myself with the freestyle and the accusing lawyer telling me that the glucometer does not give reliable measures, that there are notable differences, etc.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/31/2017 1:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Better not to say it

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
02/01/2017 8:54 p.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

Well, I sincerely believe it is enormous irresponsibility not to say it.
Although we know when we have hypoglycemia and stop and take a zumito ... It can be, that one day you do not realize and Zasca.

losttotheriver's profile photo
losttotheriver
07/26/2017 6:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Lostotheriver" I understand that it refers not to say it at the time of renewing, if you drive and have a descent, it must be said and overcome as soon as possible, in any case, returning to the question of renewal, whether you say it or not, only affects the renewal time of the card, in the first case I think they are 4 or 5 years, in the second 10 ... for me, the only thing that contributes it, is that you have to renew more often and leave more expensive, for everything else, it is absolutely the same.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2017 7:22 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

But when renewing the card you can omit the information of whether you are diabetic if you also omitted it when you got the card, right?Because if not, they will already know that you are diabetic.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/26/2017 7:57 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Buf!I hadn't even thought about the issue of card and insurance renewal ... What a can!

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/26/2017 8:12 p.m.

fer said:
@"lostothheriver" I understand that it refers not to say it at the time of renewReturning to the question of renewal, whether you say it or not, it only affects the renewal time of the card, in the first case I think they are 4 or 5 years, in the second 10 ... for me, the only thing that contributes to say it, you have to renew more often and get more expensive, for everything else, it is absolutely the same.
And if you have an accident ... for a hiccup and the insurance ends up finding out ... I don't know ... I think a diabetic with many hypos should not drive puts his life and that of the rest at risk.But this would be another topic ... ;-)

losttotheriver
07/26/2017 9:31 p.m.

But I don't understand what does insurance have to do with?When I did my car's insurance, nobody asked me if it was diabetic or if I had any other disease

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/27/2017 10:44 a.m.

I have been regretting having said it from the day I took the driving license.I had to be silent.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
07/27/2017 11:50 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

nigiri said:
but I don't understand what does insurance have to do with?When I did my car's insurance, nobody asked me if it was diabetic or if I had any other disease

That if you are diabetic, with poorly controlled diabetes you are a risk factor for you and the rest, but well it is a personal opinion, here that each one does what suits and creates it.

eg.I quote:
If some type of ailment is suffered and the company has not been notified, it may happen that in case there is a sinister covered in the policy that is related to said disease, the company can refuse to pay compensation.

Link

They assault me ​​doubts ... because if they are not going to assure you ... I better shut up and ready ....

:-)

losttotheriver
07/27/2017 12:30 p.m.

lostothheriver said:
nigiri said:
but I don't understand what does the insurance have to do?When I did my car's insurance, nobody asked me if it was diabetic or if I had any other disease

That if you are diabetic, with poorly controlled diabetes you are a risk factor for you and the rest, but well it is a personal opinion, here that each one does what suits and creates it.

eg.I quote:
If some type of ailment is suffered and the company has not been notified, it may happen that in case there is a sinister covered in the policy that is related to said disease, the company can refuse to pay compensation.

Link

They assault me ​​doubts ... because if they are not going to assure you ... I better shut up and ready ....

:-)

: -O: -o: -o who says or where he says that a diabetic cannot be the headline of a vehicle ???If I do not read it, I do not give credit, then for that rule of 3 someone with some cardiac ailment, who wear glasses, have hepatitis, cancer, a constipated that does not drive because they have a ailment that can cause a risk to the rest.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/27/2017 1:58 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"LOSTTOTHERIVER" One thing is life insurance or medical insurance and another car insurance that is mandatory so it doesn't matter if you are diabetic, celiac or have lupus, to circulate you must have insurance or third partiesor at full risk.Let's not confuse terms because we lead people to misunderstandings.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/27/2017 1:58 p.m.

Hello .. I didn't know anything about this issue ... but a few years ago I was less sweet that I am now presented to the call of the EMT of Madrid .. All it was fine, until they did some analysis, they took the averageof three months above 6,
The fact is that I do not enter to work by un controlled diabetic. From then on I started to take care of me. I know if someone has had some similar exoeria.

josemi1969's profile photo
josemi1969
07/27/2017 5:29 p.m.

I have put the link.May each one take out their conclusions.I have not said that they cannot be taken out ... but that it should be said.

losttotheriver
07/27/2017 6:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.