{'en': 'Renew the driving license, do I say it or do I say it?', 'es': 'Renovar el carnet de conducir ¿Lo digo o no lo digo?'} Image

Renew the driving license, do I say it or do I say it?

fer's profile photo   11/13/2013 2:54 p.m.

Consultation: I have to renew the driving license and I don't know what to do, if not say that I am diabetic or if to say it.I do not know what are the legal consequences, nor the duration of my new card in case of saying it, or if they are going to ask me special requirements to put it.My diabetes is DM 1. Do I say it or don't I say it?Thank you .

Answer:

Indeed, the fact of suffering from diabetes brings with it a series of limitations, restrictions and even in proven cases, denial ("severe metabolic instability that requires hospital assistance" and/or "repeated paintings of acute hypoglycemia") of the driving permit.

For the renewal of type B permit, with a type 1 diabetes we understand that well controlled and with a favorable medical report, the law says that we are facing a serious infraction when a vehicle is driving with a driving authorization that lacks validity for not having compliedthe administrative requirements required regulation.In this case, the requirements to which we must refer are those of capacity or psychophysical aptitude and the conductor regulations understand that these physical aptitude requirements have to be reviewed every four years, and therefore establishes a validity of four years for the permission ofType B driving for a person with diabetes of your conditions.

Thus, the main differences in relation to a “normal” renewal are:

- The need to present a favorable report of the endocrinologist at the driver recognition that is treating your diabetes in which adequate diabetes control and adequate diabetological education are recorded.

- The renewal will be for four years.

- In the driving permit, a code referred to the temporality of the permit will appear to suffer “organic or functional disease” (104-4)

In accordance with the regulations, if the renewal for ten years is voluntarily urged (which is the “normal” validity), having a DM 1, the administration, the case may be, can open a sanctioning file that entails the imposition of a fine of 91at 300 euros and the suspension of the permit, with the need to issue another in which the validity restriction for four years appears.If you want more information you can check the website of our Friend Foundation www.fucamdi.com, specifically in the section: www.fucamdi.com/ld_diabetes_conduccion.php.php

Other considerations enter into the field of the will and freedom of the individual, metajuridic issues that are not subject to this section because the right is clear for this case in their approaches: it must be said that a diabetes is suffered.

More information on this topic:

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/13/2013 2:54 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Four years is very good.Until not so long ago it was every year, with bonus of 80 or 85% of the rates, I do not remember it well, but all summers are moving to renew the card.
It is not worth risking the fine, withdrawal of points or to another issue such as insurance, which grab a burning nail to not pay when they have them, or when you demand something collected in the contract and they claim lack of lack ofKnowledge of your "disease" ...
Go with the truth ahead will avoid problems, although you have to overcome more burocracy but you will also avoid more embauntadores when reading all the "small print" ...
All the best.Vidal

Vidalete's profile photo
Vidalete
11/18/2013 6:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It seems unfair and if they consider it a limiting disease for certain activities and professions should be included in the aid chapter: in pharmacies, consumables, reduction in the circulation rate, etc.

On the DGT website is the regulation in force and says that they are 5 years at the discretion of the professional who attends you in the centers, which in my opinion are mere administrative.My father with a severe deafness has renewed his card as if nothing ... 5 years.
It is more likely that my father does not hear a horn or warning of another driver with the possibility of provoking an incident, which gives me a hiccup leading.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/03/2016 2:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

When I renewed the driving license, I said it, and now I think I have to renew it every five years.Who did I not report, went to the insurance, should you inform them?Will the policy upload me?

RocioLA's profile photo
RocioLA
05/03/2016 11:59 p.m.

30 años - DM1 - Debut Marzo 2014 - Lantus 7 - Novorapid 0 - 5 - 10

Let's see from professional experience I can tell you that there is no exact figure of a host of the Spanish, European and world -world roads, taking huge doses of anxiolytics and antidepressants that added to other types of medication are a potential danger with asteering wheel in your hands and let's not say it mixing it with no type of alcohol;Well, these people who drive so happily, let's say that 95 % do not say either pio in renewal or carry an accrediting role in their car that they are medicated poli because they think they will not influence them in driving, something happens ...As long as you do not cause an accident with victims even if they are mild, no one is going to find out.
So I with "well -controlled" diabetes because I have to say it in the psychotechnical or in insurance ...?Reflection !!

With this I do not mean that you do not say it, God free me: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/04/2016 11:51 a.m.

Forgive for spelling offenses but I come from retinography and I don't see 3 in a donkey !!!B-)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/04/2016 11:58 a.m.

Just as I go without glasses and pass the awards as many times as I have renewed it, I will not say anything about diabetes.Thus "insurance" are the awards that are not able to detect myopia.
I will not comment on the medical center or the mutual car.
Health insurance already knows it because he debuts in a center associated with insurance ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/04/2016 5:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I think they give disability because they do not consider us as such, why do other issues restrict us?
Each one acts in a different way in this topic.
Is it as the classmates say there are certain types of medication that cannot be taken if you drive, and it is driven?
Good debate, say whether we are or not?
Legality or illegality?To do?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/04/2016 5:32 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

sigsauer said:
forgive for spelling fouls but I come from retinography and I don't see 3 in a donkey !!!B-)

No problem @sigsauer !!, more would be missing!;)

: & GT;: & GT;: & GT;: & GT;: & GT;

fer's profile photo
fer
05/04/2016 5:58 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have gone to recognition a few weeks ago and I have not said anything.It is the second time that he renewed being diabetic.This time I was with many doubts but in the end it has been.

Do we have any advantage like coming in the driving license in case of a possible accident?NO.Apart from the fact that for those we have cards cards, pendants, bracelets, etc

Do we get economically more expensive to say it?Of course, at least we have to pay the recognition every five years instead of every ten (that is what the manage of presenting the papers to traffic is added)

Do we have more dangers than many with anxiolytics, drug addicts, alcoholic, lively women, disorganized banners, etc?Most of us no

That yes, that each one does what he dictates his conscience

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/04/2016 6:43 p.m.

I have the card since the age of 16, to take me out of the Moto A2 and was the same theoretical as that of the car and also medical recognition.Then at 18 go to A1 and B2.I have renewed it once again hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/04/2016 7:13 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

It is better whenever you say all the diseases you have when you are going to renew the driving license.In fact they make you sign a role in which he says that you are going to tell both the doctor and the psychologist when you perform the tests, otherwise it is under your responsibility and if you have an accident it will also be your responsibility.:-$ The same if you go to a dental clinic, you must say if all your background and diseases in case you are allergic to certain medications = d & gt;

Laura78's profile photo
Laura78
05/05/2016 11:58 a.m.

I have renewed it several times since the 18 ... and I have myopia since 17 and have never detected it.
Psychologists?To the center that I have gone, never.A nurse is the person who has attended me.
It must be like the ITV that some mechanical tests do and then sign the technical engineer.
I prefer illegality in these cases.It is an injustice towards diabetes patients the current regulation.And I don't think a drug addict or people with anxiolytics declare them when renewing the card or in other cases.

I love the debate :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/05/2016 3:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

A Compis Cosilla, what I tell you, I tell you firsthand, since a family relative is local police.I asked him about whether or not he had diabetes when he recently renewed the card for the first time in 10 years.And to keep it into account, if you put in your card if you need glasses or if you are diabetic or something else, but puts it in a numbered way through codes that only an agent knows what they mean.Therefore, these comments that I read of "because I have not said anything" can be dangerous, especially in case of accident.It is a total injustice, because type 1 diabetics can be as prudent or reckless as the rest ... but well in case you avoid more dislikes

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
01/27/2017 7:21 p.m.

Here you have the digits that the DGT puts under observations in the driving license:
Link
As you can see, diabetes neither is expected.It is only to go through the box every less time.
Greetings

Lone's profile photo
Lone
01/27/2017 9:06 p.m.

I have all the meat I have to renew every year if it were only the car every four;But I need my work.They make me a discount and now I am going to spend a medical court so that they will grant the degree of minusvalia that corresponds to me, could benefit from some things, such as not paying the vehicle circulation tax

rafaelcaballero's profile photo
rafaelcaballero
01/28/2017 10:56 a.m.

@"Fernandog" I have been 12 years in the Traffic Unit of the Local Police of a very large capital and as @lone says in the codes that refer to the driving permits, none refers to diabetes, moreover, 75%They are related to view problems so if for any complication derived from diabetes you were treated for the view I would say but by the fact of Diabetic with good control because sincerely not.

And as I already put in some other thread that dealt with the same, there are hundreds of thousands of treated drivers of anxiety and depression with anxiolytics, prozac etc that conduct totally drugroad safety and do not say mú !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/28/2017 4:50 p.m.

For me the problem is not that I put it or not, it gives me exactly the same as it appears written in the document.
What gives me a lot of anger is that I am saying the expense in the pocket, we are only disabled for what they want, can they bleed us more?Of course, why not?As we have no more expenses because it is already.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/28/2017 7:47 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hello, I know it is a bit silly that because they are diabetics we have to be renewing the card every less time, as you have said more than one, we are "invalids" to stop them.Anyway, I renew the card at Christmas and declare diabetes (which I had not done before despite being diabetics since 13).They have given me the card for five years.I remember that when I get the card and I told her that it was diabetics, the doctor literally told me "I haven't heard you, you haven't told me anything."However, that same doctor, when renewing it, I recommend that you declare it already, that they are getting more serious with this issue.I know that 5 years is not much but I don't want to play it.If you have an accident or something and the diabetes comes out the same thing until it even covers you.

estherj's profile photo
estherj
01/30/2017 10:33 a.m.

In response to what is commented on the card, it may not appear in our card, I do not know, but I personally do not go to play it for the same thing that you say your @"Estherj", in case of an accident I do not want to be helpless or that because ofMy guilt has problems.Now, unfair is a while and a half, but I think what needs to be done is in any case is actively protest.Also say that in his day I saw a post of here a girl (sorry if you read it, I don't remember who you were!) In which her boyfriend did not want to stop the car driving with 40 in blood.Those things also hurt us!

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
01/30/2017 11:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.