{'en': 'The first diabetic treated with insulin (history)', 'es': 'El primer diabético tratado con insulina (Historia)'} Image

The first diabetic treated with insulin (history)

fer's profile photo   10/22/2015 6:19 p.m.

Thanks Fer

Garci's profile photo
Garci
11/19/2017 11:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

101 years have passed since Leonard Thompson received the first dose of insulin ...

Am I just me or do you also think that a long time has passed, but there are not so many advances with insulin?

fer's profile photo
fer
01/12/2023 10:16 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
101 years have passed since Leonard Thompson received the first dose of insulin ...

Am I just me or do you also think that a long time has passed, but there are not so many advances with insulin?

You are not just you.You just have to see my signature.

In 100 years, progress has been made in almost all a barbarity, instead we continue with the same slavery therapy.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/12/2023 12:33 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

And what we have left !!!!
We will see a thousand palliative gadgets, but the cure never

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/12/2023 9:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

But, let's see. It is that we are missing cells, it is as if an organ is missing.,, I find no more solution than implant, transplant, artificial pancreas .., cell culture without other problems.
Nor is a hypothyroidism cure, for example, but it is not so urgent, because the treatment is simpler.
We have the disadvantage that those missing cells do a very specific and very variable job.
What could be a solution is a medication that will avoid excess glycosylation of the tissues and, therefore, complications, which is what most worries.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/13/2023 4:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, it is difficult, the truth ... not even the transplant: in addition to all that implies, our antibodies would attack the new pancreas.It is not easy, no.At least, keep moving forward to technology and makes life easier, or a medication like the one @regina says.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/13/2023 8:24 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

After 36 years in these lides ...

... I still trust that some descend, laboratories, "Medical Visitors" ... In all I trust ... The same thing I don't think that the workshop mechanics leave me a fault prepared to return in a few months ...
THE SOLUTION IS DIFFICULT ... MUCH I EVIL TO ALL AND TAKE CARE !!!

Javirote's profile photo
Javirote
02/05/2023 9:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.