Does anyone take contraceptives and modify glycemia?

pochola's profile photo   11/03/2015 11:49 a.m.

I am considering taking oral contraceptives.I took them for 10 years before debuting, but I am afraid that I take away the balance I have found.In addition from 35 they do not advise, and now with less diabetes ..
opinions about it?

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/03/2015 11:49 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

@Pochola I took them for a while and I don't remember that the glycemia altered me ... although it was a few months, I had to leave them because I had terrible headaches

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
11/03/2015 12:03 p.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

Thank you @lidia9110 I am considering it, but being hormones, it scares me that I increase insulin needs.The fact is that I stopped taking them by spots on the skin, but I was very regulated, and even gave me to think that when stopping them, debuting in diabetes, that I imagine it was a coincidence ... but for the issue of polyquistic ovariesI haveI don't know, I'm making a mess, I try and period.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/03/2015 12:28 p.m.

@Pochola In my case I took the vaginal ring for 5 years, I did not notice alteration in the glycemia, but because it passes from the 30 and with more than 25 of evolution of the diabetes they removed it because they considered it discouraged, increases the risk ofcardiovascular complications.
In my case and by the subject Polyquitez Ovaries, as you comment, if I have alterations of glycemia during different periods of the cycle.Now I have 35 and still they continue to insist that I do not use oral contraceptives, that the remedy is worse than the disease ... I think you should consult it with the endocrine and the gynecologist before throwing you !!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/03/2015 1:07 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

PS: I agree with @lidia9110, I don't know if it coincides or not, but I had jaquecas that disappeared when I stop using it.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/03/2015 1:08 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Thank you very much @lidia9110, if all the opinions resemble I will give up

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/03/2015 1:17 p.m.

Hi @pochola.

There are some softer contraceptives than others.As I understand the lightest is Levobel.Have you talked to your doctor?My experience is that I should not modify your glycems, now these treatments are analogous, they are not hormones themselves.Even when used as rule regulators, they have been used in women with imbalances and mismatches to regulate their rules, and even their glucose that for these mismatches rented a lot.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
11/03/2015 1:40 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

My girl has been prescribed precisely to regulate glycemia, I had very sudden changes with the rule, now it is much better.More specifically, the one who takes is Carazet, because of both diabetes and oral contraceptives are protrombotic, and Cerazet only has progestogen.You could consider commenting with your endocrine.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
11/03/2015 1:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The composition of the contraceptives I have clear, that I dedicate myself to this, the doubt is on the field, that the thing changes ... That is why the opinion of the girls who take it wanted.Initially, third generation contraceptives would not have to modify it .. but there are so many things that should not and then happen that I wanted to ask real experiences of diabetic girls and older hehehe to take them.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/03/2015 4:17 p.m.

pochola said:
The composition of the contraceptives I have clear, that I dedicate myself to this, the doubt is on the field, that the thing changes ... That is why I wanted the opinion of the opinion of theGirls who take it.Initially, third generation contraceptives would not have to modify it .. but there are so many things that should not and then happen that I wanted to ask real experiences of diabetic girls and older hehehe to take them.

Well, if you are worth the data, my girl is 43 years old

Con_Q_de_quimica
11/03/2015 4:26 p.m.

That is the fact that I am looking for;)) (which one is no longer twenty) and everything is better not, better not, in case the flies no ... and the real data are the best to make decisions!I have learned that here (superfor) and I do not forget in life.My endocrine knows this less than me, unfortunately.So he will tell me, if you don't take them better, but if you want, well .. Well, the one you see! As if I had given it,-@@

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/03/2015 4:33 p.m.

Yes, the endos that are not very informed abound ... In our case we inform ourselves on our own account if it was possible, she told us about Cerazet, who in addition to having less risk of thrombus can stop taking at the moment you want.It has been 3 months and for the moment the experience is very good.

Con_Q_de_quimica
11/03/2015 9:23 p.m.

@Con_q_de_quimica In my case I have not asked years ago, but thanks for this information, I am in pregnancy, so now it is not the time, but then I will comment.
With sudden changes, do you mean glycemia?Because at least in my case blood glucose and insulin sensitivity vary greatly

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/04/2015 2:59 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater yes, just that.Before the rule you can put 12U quickly and that the glucose level does not lower more than 5 mg/el and in the first days 1U could make it happen from hyperglycemia to a rapid

Con_Q_de_quimica
11/04/2015 3:20 p.m.

@Con_q_de_quimica just referred to.What I played with the Lantus and could go from 14U in normal days to 28u days before.The hypos in early days were inevitable, it becomes almost whole days at 60-70 with 4-5 units of rapid all day.
I will comment on the pump, although the thing changed and improves, but after 4 months they continue to adjust those X files.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/04/2015 11:06 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Good night to all.I am new here.
I know this is not the goal of the forum.
But I have to say that they have an insurance in which a diabetic would be covered.I am Agent of Adeslas, for any questions.Contact me and inform you.
And forgive for interference.
Greetings

Cintia's profile photo
Cintia
11/05/2015 11:03 p.m.

cintia said:
good night to all.I am new here.
I know this is not the goal of the forum.
But I have to say that they have an insurance in which a diabetic would be covered.I am Agent of Adeslas, for any questions.Contact me and inform you.
And forgive for interference.
Greetings

I contacted the Adeslas Central this summer to make me insurance for the second time and did not allow me to be diabetic, I feel to differ in what you say.
If the summer has not changed something strange.More if they give you insurance and not cover anything of the problems derived from diabetes so that it would be worth?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/10/2015 12:17 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I take and I am the same as before, it is more the endocrine was the one who advised me that if I did not want to get pregnant they would take them.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/11/2015 1:09 p.m.

Finally yesterday I started taking them so I'll tell you.Today I am low but because yesterday I made 8 km at a good pace: !!

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/11/2015 1:23 p.m.

Good morning, I've been taking them for three weeks, and for the moment I was great, the fact is that two days here, I cannot eat anything, today I have taken a bread toast equivalent to 5 gr hc and I am in 200: ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((What a burrowI'm looking for info about the pildora but there is no way, nowhere it makes the insulin needs increase.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/25/2015 10:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.