Regulation of supposed foods for diabetics.

AnNa's profile photo   04/06/2014 5:13 p.m.

Hello!!From k I am diabetics and I am formed for the counting of hydrates.I consider how there is the existence of supposed products "suitable for diabetics" when that qualification is not really real.Can anyone explain to me regulation, do these products follow?(Esk I horrify me when I see jams, ice cream ...

With this labeling when the hydrates content is high, lower at normal but at all 0% hydrates).It is misleading advertising, and does a lot of damage to diabetic people (especially older people or people little trained in hydrates count).There are already people to me even bought things of this type.In plan ... look !!!With this you do not have k click !!!And me ...: -s

Nose..Alii I leave it!Let's see if someone can explain the pork of this?Thank you!!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/06/2014 5:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It's true.I have found a mold of mold for diabetics without added sugars, and yet a mold of another brand with sugars even has a less hydrates tad.This is because polialcohols that use as sweeteners are also taken into account for counting.They have to create demand ... It's shameful.

PaquiR's profile photo
PaquiR
04/06/2014 7:23 p.m.

If they limit themselves to putting without added sugars (he could accept it ...) but the serious thing is to put "suitable for diabetics."What do you get based to put that?Esk every time I see it I get sick !!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/06/2014 8:43 p.m.

Well, I think this is like everything in general, as the manufacture and putting these products increase, which for the moment still is still limited, someone will worry about regulating their labeling.It is true that now there are many who lack even the most elementary information, especially homemade sweets, which put the label without added sugars and with that it is worth.In general they have a significant load of hydrates, how could it be less when derived from flour.
The only thing that fits from us is to take them with great caution.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/07/2014 4 a.m.

The only thing that fits is to be well informed.All foods are suitable for diabetics whenever we know how to read tags and interpret the medication we need, be it insulin or pills.What makes me sick is reading "suitable for diabetics."We are not allergic to sugar ... and be careful because they usually have more healthy fats that do not have sugars because they need them to improve the taste.Come on, better of life, even with sugars, provided it is taken in moderation or put the appropriate insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/07/2014 5:31 a.m.

The other day I read here in the forum a boy who was doing a survey in order to consider opening a restaurant for diabetics, (race end of career) with special meals and what I think is that we do not need restaurants "Specials ", which if I could make it easier for us to specify the HC per plate (more), right?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/07/2014 6:55 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I would love the idea of ​​counting hydrates in restaurant dishes !!!I would be great !!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/07/2014 8:29 a.m.

Hello!I agree with all of you ... I even tell you my experience ....
I love bitter chocolate .... 85% minimum jijiji :-), because Mercadona has chocolates ... 0% sugar, suitable for diabetics ... I say Way!And it gives me a fingertips with a sugar ... and I say pussy!But if it has more rations chocolate without sugar .....

I choose to say .... All foods are suitable for diabetics .... :-)

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/07/2014 2:32 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

I am addicted to the labels and I consider that it is the best method to know what you eat, an example the pasta is one of the things that most made (before abused) and to eat normal paste to eat paste stuffed with frog (27HC athe 100) step of almost crying for eating three spaghettis counted to a normal pasta dish.Each food is a world.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/07/2014 4:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Pchola, if you put insulin, you can eat a plate of pasta without problem ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/08/2014 8:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Pochola passes me the same as you instead k with the paste with the rice.Nose pork but there are people k the paste or rice hydrates absorb it differently.With the pasta I have a problem with the macaroni.(On the other hand with spaghettis / carverines no problem) but the rice .... I do not know with the rice (it is impossible! Fatal. Thus I have said to get it out of my diet).And passing products for diabetics !!!
I am better a donut k a rice plate!:))

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/09/2014 7:25 p.m.

@Anna do you get the rations?It is that the rice cheats: my husband gave a shog ... always hyper ... it seemedIt goes from fable;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/09/2014 7:32 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

If everything weights!And I count hydrates as with everything!But I don't know if I spend with the cooking point or that ... they told me that it was that.But with rice and macaroni never success.(Always weight once cooked).

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/09/2014 7:40 p.m.

Anna the rice and the pasta have to throw hard and if you do not like that point, put the insulin a little before, it is what I do, I have put a MNC and I see when it starts to go down to start eating,Above everything I do with rice.
To me the pasta is what is going best to me, but always to the dent as they say

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/09/2014 9:01 p.m.

From pasta and rice, what goes up is starch.If it is cooked with excess water and then washed, eliminate most of the starch and rise more slowly ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/09/2014 9:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I will make your advice to see if I can eat a good rice to the Cuban!Or with vegetables !!(as exusing it !!) [-o <

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/10/2014 7:45 a.m.

Well wing, you put the insu a little earlier and wash the rice, look, heh!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/10/2014 11:07 a.m.

Hello!This thread begins for a long time.
I inform you that I have written a complaint to a company for the poor labeling of one of its products (a supposedly suitable jam for diabetics) I have not been able to avoid it ...
So I am waiting for your answer, it depends on what they answer if Esk do.I will send the complaint to consumption and publish it with a letter to the director of any newspaper (some free k have more diffusion).It's so fed up with these deceptive products ...

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
05/13/2015 12:24 p.m.

I am diabetic very recently and I still do not understand the labeled products well.What porcetanjes of sugars and HC should have the products suitable for diabetics?
Thank you.

Andrómeda's profile photo
Andrómeda
05/13/2015 12:41 p.m.

DMII desde marzo 2015 Ristfor 50/1000 mañana y noche. Estabilizada. 47 años.

In principle there are no diabetic products.That is the dilemma.Are you type1 or type 2?
According to the person, he accepts more or less insulin for each meal or assimilates it better or worse.In case of very sweet products I prefer them sweetened and then I can prick less or eat more jijiju and k my absorption is not very good.The person K assimilates insulin can perfectly eat so many Kiera hydrates according to insulin K is administered.
I speak DSD the type 1 type two I suppose you will have a max according to medication.I do not know how they control it

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
05/13/2015 1:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.