How to inject and not "bunny" himself in the attempt

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/22/2014 5:57 p.m.

Greetings again,
Since I started 6 months ago with insulin, in a quasipuntual way Moratones have been coming out in the abdomen.
At first I thought it was because the needles were too long, 8mm from the BD brand.

The fact is that I have been with the 5mm BD for several months, and I have two weekly that I have an abdomen made a Christ.Something aesthetic, for the dates to which we approach ,,, I am from bikini.

In addition to the Moratones, almost as long as I skewer I notice pain, enough pain and it lasts until a good time after having injected me, as happened today.And it is not for reusing the needles because it happens with the same newly released.I am also careful not to emerge with the cap.

Total, that I have still deduced that something is wrong, and that's why I turn to you.Please illustrate me.

My technique to click is as follows.I barely have a belly, so my educator recommended me I do not use pinch, I should do it?, I only slightly play the lower area to the place where I am going to prick and then, lately almost always ,,,,,, I see stars.Sometimes Moratón comes out, and sometimes not.I have controlled the puncture area, I move, taking as reference the navel to the left or right of the abdomen, as well as up or down.

And I don't know if it hurts because I am predisposed to hurt, or because I don't punish myself.Now, the Moratones when they leave, are criminals ... By the way, some remedy for them to go quickly?, Thrombocid maybe?

Ah and something else, it may be that I get bruises, because when I click on if I bleed a little I do not press so that the Moraton does not occur? It is that today I have bleeding and I have only removed my blood, nothing more.I have not put pressure.

Thanks Compis.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/22/2014 5:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have to take pinch to catch some chicha;If you do not reach the muscle, which is what hurts you surely ...
And vary a lot of zone, that if you don't get those bruises, and those of fats (a word that I do not remember now) that reduce the effectiveness of insulin.
They also recommend clicking with a certain angle.
Use the thighs and culete to rotate, if the bruises follow you.That gives time to pass you instead of influencing the same place.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/22/2014 6:20 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Thanks Daniel,
I puncture with a separation of a couple of centimeters with respect to the anterior area.
I will follow your recommendation and use pinch from now on.
Greetings

DiabetesForo
04/22/2014 6:47 p.m.

Hi @arrobita, do you think of the needle bezel?

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
04/23/2014 1:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I think your failure is precisely not to take skin pinch.I punctuate the belly or outer part of the thighs.I look for an area where there is more "loose" skin, because it varies a lot from one place to another.Once the pinch took, pull up to separate the skin from the body.Keep it like this while you are injected.In my experience, most of the days I feel nothing like this method, nor are marks left.

DiabetesForo
04/24/2014 4:37 a.m.

From what I see each one is going to tell you one thing ... xD

I stopped doing pinch, because if I do it, it's like stretching the skin more ... you offer more needle resistance, and it hurts more.When I left the hospital, Moratones also made me frequently, over time it is seen that I have improved the technique because they come out very rarely.Nor would I know what I have changed except for the pinch.I try to look that I am not going to inject in a vein, and I do it in areas that I know that it hardly hurts.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/24/2014 3:42 p.m.

This girl says to use very small needles, those of the children.The same is very thin and that's why they get deep.If blood does not come out.Maybe me or others does not happen because we have more chichilla.
In such a case, it is usually injected at an angle, not straight, so as not to reach the musculature.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/24/2014 3:46 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Hello.As Daniel says, you always have to click on Angulo.Another thing that is going well to avoid purple is to moisten the area with a cotton or gauze soaked in alcohol (thus hurts less) and when it ends up rubbing the area with the same cotton (friction avoids purple).If it comes out purple, let the area stand until it disappears and apply thrombocid.(MY PHARMACEUTICAL FAMILY Tips).
Kisses.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/26/2014 1:46 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

According to what I have seen in these months, everything related to this issue is subject to the trial-error, so now it's time to try the pinch, just because so far I did not.

When you say the needle bezel, you mean if I take it off so as not to emerge? Yes, I do so.Anyway, for now with the pinch, I don't notice pain and I don't leave marks either.Let's see if it is maintained.

And yes Nina, Trombocid and I have become very friends in the last week.

Thank you all for your contributions.You are suns.

greetings

DiabetesForo
04/26/2014 1:50 p.m.

The bezel, I mean that he has to be looking up for the needle to be softer.
What do you take away?

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
04/26/2014 5:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

I referred to the small cap.I had not noticed the position of the bevel, from now on I will.
thank you

DiabetesForo
04/27/2014 1:03 p.m.

Theoretically with the bevel looking up, the needle enters softer.You will tell us;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
04/27/2014 8:27 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

I put a photo.It is also important to prick at angle and not vertical.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
04/27/2014 8:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

thank you!In that I had never fallen ... when you said bezel I did not understand you.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/28/2014 5:45 a.m.

;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
04/28/2014 6:06 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

I am not 100%sure, but I think that with 5mm needles the puncture must be perpendicular, not inclined.
At least they told us and we do so with my son, who has less chicha than a stick.Of course, with pinch.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/28/2014 7:29 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

They also told us that in perpendicular, with the needles of 5 mm

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/28/2014 12:01 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Yes, it seems that it is.
Thanks again

DiabetesForo
04/28/2014 3 p.m.

Intruda, very interesting the photo you attach.Thank you so much.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
04/29/2014 11:17 a.m.

You are welcome!;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
04/29/2014 11:33 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.