How much do the strips boxes cost for the meter?

fer's profile photo   05/03/2014 7:03 a.m.

Normally they give us 4 boxes of strips that are 200 strips a month (I have granted me 8 for the lability of blood glucose), with the MCG only 60 are needed, that difference until 200 could not give us in sensors,?Because I don't think they spent much more, change one thing for another.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/24/2014 11:09 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I was thinking that, that the difference is not really much.
Taking into account that everything in this life comes out the wider cheaper would suffice that many people would use those pots so that they would all get cheaper.And for many people to use the condition, it would be for the SS to help.What they spent on it saved him over strips.

They would take throws equally, but with a box a month there was plenty of.

That is why in another issue, that of the 2016 Superguay apparatus, Rolleo Iracundo to the lack of will for many things that concern us.

Then they blame the chronic patients with "spending" a lot, as spent due to complications.And associations thousand of all kinds tell how certain savings that are made cost more in the medium and long term precisely for reasons like that.So I can conclude that it is political motivations of some kind that prevent improvements in our health.Everyone who thinks what he wants: technology is there, is not science fiction of Star Trek.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/24/2014 12:34 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

What do I say 2016 ... 2026 !!!!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/24/2014 12:34 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

8 boxes of 50 strips at state price: € 44/month
8 boxes of 50 strips at the price of pharmacy: +400 €/month

Extrapolating, and seeing what the patches of the continuous meter cost, calculate.

If the strips "cost me" what "are worth", I already bought all the boxes, I did not ask for one.Idem with patches.

If the State reached a logical and reasonable agreement with the pharmaceuticals (and not necessarily with the most expensive) so that it reaches an average price for the patient, subsidized these things would cost the tenth.And once subsidized, like insulin, they would not have to "give" anything.The State would end up saving more, I think.And we would be much better.

*** Someone *** should be doing something about it.
I do not roll up with this topic.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/24/2014 3:43 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

How much do you pay in Spain for the strips?In Portugal for two boxes of 50 are € 5 and peak and for insulin and needles nothing.I think it is the only thing that is exempt total for non -pensioners too.The State realized that poorly controlled diabetes was a higher health expense.Even if only for something as commercial as that reason the truth is that they should think about it ...

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/28/2014 9:26 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Not being for differences between communities, here they give you four boxes a month, the needles and the lancets of puncturing the finger for free.Insulin must be paid.She is very expensive but she is subsidized, and it doesn't cost much.

In theory a box of 50s have to last for a week.I am last for three or cost days, for what I have to buy.In Pharmacy, the box comes out for more than 50 euros, I buy them for more or less half.

I would prefer not to give us anything for free, but that things had an acceptable price (with the reasonable exemption to children, unemployed, or pensioners below a certain threshold).

You can't expect much more from Spain.And you still have to thank!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/28/2014 10:34 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

This topic was created from the divided comments of: Doubt Lantus .

fer's profile photo
fer
05/03/2014 7:03 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

In Spain they are subsidized by social security to my m cost 2 euros

diego43's profile photo
diego43
05/03/2014 1:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

"In Spain they are subsidized by Social Security; 2 euros cost me"

Dooooooondeeeeee ???????????????????

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/03/2014 3:50 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

They cost me anything ..... In Castilla y León we don't pay anything for the strips.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/03/2014 7:44 p.m.

Diego43 said:
In Spain they are subsidized by Social Security to my m cost 2 euros

That according to which autonomous community.In some they give you a few free and in others it makes you pay a part.

And it seems that it is much better to make you pay a part, because in those communities you can receive many more than in which they do not make you pay anything.Since they only give you what they establish, which usually set it in maximum 3 or 4 strips a day for type1.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/04/2014 3:50 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

4 euros and the box of 100, in Andalusia.
Meter, needles and free lancets.To collect at the health center.

DiabetesForo
05/26/2014 8:13 a.m.

In Asturias and Madrid they give 4 boxes without paying anything .. in the nursing consultation of the ambulatory.At least they give my daughter, without problem

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/26/2014 11:28 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello!!Here in Galicia the strips give them according to the daily measurements recommended by the endo, which in the case of my son are 5 strips every 24 hours.The box with the health card costs me 40 centos.We have 2 meters, one gave it to us in the hospital and another in the pharmacy.The lancetas go on our own and the needles are given to us by the health center but they are so bad, Insupen, that my child bothers him a lot and I buy the BD in the pharmacy.They also give us the yellow containers for the needles in the health center.
Greetings: -h

Enma's profile photo
Enma
05/27/2014 9:22 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

I am from Catalonia, I only have 13 days injecting me.

In the hospital when they detected that I had diabetes they gave me the meter with a box with about 18 strips (I was not whole, in the box 25 units) as it was the first time and I did not know how I was going, I went to the office to ask then onlyI had for 6 days (I take the level 3 times a day.)

They told me that I had to ask for a time for a nursing visit, Pedi time and they gave it to me for two days later.

During the visit, the nurse made a card on the computer, I don't know why and I take advantage of the same time to give me the tetano vaccine, I took the pressure and weight, and it gave me time within 20 days for feet tests, and a cardiogram or something.

The needles both of the insulin and the others of the puncture on the finger (I am new and I do not know what is called everything) they gave me a large box of each, and they told me that when they end they go for more, but of theDongguetes those that are put in the electronic meter, they only gave me a box of 50 units for 50 days, he said that with the cuts they only allowed one per day, and points it on the computer and the same computer does not allow him to put a dateprior to 50 days to be able to serve again.

Tomorrow I have a visit with the doctor and I will comment, maybe, I do not know, if she says that I have to control 3 times a day, make a recipe with the difference and 50 are free and the rest paying with a recipe.

Ask the people's pharmacy in case they do not value them and a box of 50 are worth 54 euros.

At the moment that is my experience, when I go to the doctor I will tell you what she has told me, if instead of 3 times once a day the control, if it gives me a recipe, or if I have to buy them on my own.

DiabetesForo
05/27/2014 9:59 a.m.

Hi @Javier1955, I am from Barcelona, ​​and in my case, my endocrine made me a report for the CAP saying that I had to do so many controls because I was planning to get pregnant and did not make an objection.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
05/27/2014 10:56 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Here in Valencia I pay 2.50 of each box and I have 4 per month, before I paid 0.40, but then with all that of the copay they uploaded it like this, for the amount of moment I have no problem, in fact I told my header doctor thatI took a box a month because I was left over and sometimes I was not for them.Javier, it seems to me a barbarity that pretends to do only one analysis a day, take advantage when you go to tell and see what you can do, you will tell us

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
05/27/2014 3:35 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Here in Guadalajara they give you everything free without limit (for the moment), the boxes give them 4 in 4, but they do not point the day of the visit or even, so you can go whenever you want for more.
I think it has a lot to do that the nurse of the health center is type 1 diabetic, because according to health in Castilla La Mancha I do not think it is usual.

At least in this, we have been lucky.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
05/28/2014 6:41 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Hello, I am from "those" that have assigned 10 daily strips (300/month) for the lability and impossibility of controlling it -sometimes they did not arrive, I had to go for work 15 days, and erre that erre that erre thatThey did not give me or advanced them, incredible-, in the role of electronic recipe, it puts the cost, and exactly comes to 265 euros per month, which supposedly "costs" my treatment.
The official price of Dexcom sensors are 370 euros, and I certainly believe that for the majority, it reaches for 2 months, or at least in my case, 185 euros per month.They are already saving.

But someone commented at some point that the strips cost 45 euros the box, but that the state bought them at 17 euros the box, which would also seem an "ugly" to people ... it will tell me that the government allowsThat a pharmaceutical company win 17 to 45 euros for a medication of first necessity for diabetics.But well, I mean that if the government is able to "lower" the price per volume of 45 euros to 17 euros ... what do you think would not be able to do the same with a box of 370 euros from Dexcom?Fix ... that if you buy 7 boxes each gets around 310 euros ... (almost 20% savings), then imagine a megahipersuper its sedscription instead of 7 boxes, 7000 ... Well, it is already!¡¡¡

Maybe we should start sending writings, not requesting that they give us ... asking us ... no, because they are going to fry us asparagus.Writings requesting that they save with us, how and how things are - they are giving us 300 euros in strips - we feel veryThe sensors said, which also, with 3 months of savings -750 euros- we would buy 2 boxes at rate -740- that would last instead of 3 months, 4 months ... and I no longer say anything about the device or even theTransmitter, well, we pay ourselves ... but lady who reads this, I am offering you to save about 250 euros in 3 months.I think you have to consider it.Of course, medium and long term, we are much better, less complications and an impressive quality of life.

But well, if they prefer to give 300 euros in strips a month, and then I have to spend another 300 euros on sensors, then come, live the pep.Obviously I am not going to give up my strips, because although now I can afford the Dexcom, the same tomorrow -and if I stop taking them, then to see how I explain that I need them again, and as soon as I leave the Dexcom, 20 to theday-, and I am not going to like to say "see that you are well now thanks to us", no sir, it is not thanks to you, it is thanks to me and the dexcom (without the dexcom would be as it was, fatal), and suggested the users of the DEXCOM to do the same, because doing the opposite means giving them reason, that you do not need the Dexcom or works (for them it does not exist).The same goes for the needles that give us in Galicia, the lousy insuffes that they are like sticks, a puncture, pain and garbage ... the great BD lasted 4-5-6 punctures or more ... and do you think they save?Well, I take many more needles than before and I keep them without using them - I don't feel like bruises or pain - and then I have to pay my needles bd.What am I going to stop withdrawing them since I have to pay them?Not even a joke, I retire many more ... because if I do not, I give them the reason and think ... how good they insupe them that they now take less and last more! And a milk ... that they see that they spend theTriple for wanting to save a few euros.

I am looking forward to that a minister of health is diabetic type I (no, I do not wish the disease to anyone, only that a diabetic in that situation reached that position, surely I would know what we are talking about).

Greetings and to wait a few years for you to save, for now the waste goesshort term.

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/28/2014 7:12 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

enma said:
Hello !!Here in Galicia the strips give them according to the daily measurements recommended by the endo, which in the case of my son are 5 strips every 24 hours.The box with the health card costs me 40 centos.We have 2 meters, one gave it to us in the hospital and another in the pharmacy.The lancetas go on our own and the needles are given to us by the health center but they are so bad, Insupen, that my child bothers him a lot and I buy the BD in the pharmacy.They also give us the yellow containers for the needles in the health center.
Greetings: -h

Hello Enma ... Another Galician, just what I commented on the insufficiency, not only to your child, they have told me about many others (and if they already hurt adults, that I can understand that we "annoy us" but toA child give BD).Enma, do not stop withdrawing the needles insauce, and take many more than BD (calculate 1 by puncture, and if they tell you something, that they try them, the BD endured them 1 or 2 days, at least in my case), Buy the BD, but take out the others, if you do not, "grow" and think they do it well.They have to do that buying somewhat cheaper needles are spent 5 times more ... we will return to the BD.

All the best

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/28/2014 7:15 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.