Where to place the freestyle patch?

aranzazuleg's profile photo   12/01/2015 10:07 a.m.

I use it two years ago, I put it on the arm and up a hypoallergenic tape, that makes you go through a frame or something does not start.

Willy Aiello's profile photo
Willy Aiello
09/02/2020 11:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my thigh like @rafach, what is very important for my experience and I always do it is to place Skintac and Tegaderm, since I never have taken off any and work well.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
09/03/2020 7:21 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

I at the top of the gluteo.I find it very comfortable (in summer the Vikini covers it) and I did not take it ahead with the doors or bag frames.In addition, the best of all is that I have proven that the measurements are very accurate.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/03/2020 9:44 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

davidag2000 said:
ruthbia said:
in the buttock where best !!

A place where neither Abbott ni Dexcom recommends?Meh.

I don't care if they do not recommend it, it gives me many times the same measure as the capillary, in my arm I took it very at the beginning and measured badly and fell

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/03/2020 8:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

davidag2000 said:
ruthbia said:

No. They recommend it because the study has only been done in an arm but does not mean that it does not do well in many other areas.Even many endocrine for arm allergies advise to change to other sites.It gives me almost nailed values ​​with the capillary and in an arm no, apart from that I get hooked with everything, especially in summer with the strips and short sleeves.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/03/2020 8:43 p.m.

meginer said:
davidag2000 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:

No. They recommend it because the study has only been done in an arm but does not mean that it does not do well in many other areas.Even many endocrine for arm allergies advise to change to other sites.It gives me almost nailed values ​​with the capillary and in an arm no, apart from that I hooked with everything, especially in summer with the strips and short sleeves.

Do you have any source of what you say?

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
09/03/2020 9:45 p.m.

I recommend that you read this.

Link

marine's profile photo
marine
09/04/2020 8:30 a.m.

And what else do studies give if you try it and do you better?
Try it and tell us.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/04/2020 10:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I always put it on my arm but I still do not wear a Nobecuta to fix it and fixomull at the 3 days of use, I already give me problems the last 2 m.And they are not very reliable for the sensor m I went out.

Miri's profile photo
Miri
09/06/2020 11:06 a.m.

I have been in my thigh for more 2 years and I am delighted.I also use it with Miao Miao 2.

miguelbravo's profile photo
miguelbravo
09/06/2020 5:10 p.m.

Aranzauleg said:
In the end I don't risk and put it in the arm and gave me error, you have to go huh?The first and bad, to see what Abbott tells me, PQ very normal is not this.

They are giving many problems lately.I pomped in the cullet.I'm changing slapping for fortnight.

Reme Briceño's profile photo
Reme Briceño
09/06/2020 5:20 p.m.

I have been 32 consecutive months putting the sensor where the brand advises.Without problems.
There are people "pa to".

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
09/07/2020 1:41 a.m.

ruthbia said:
And what else do studies do if you try it and do you better?
Try it and tell us.

The studies are to conclude that by statistics the most reliable place for its correct operation is the one indicated by the manufacturer.

What then does well is another story.For example, in my thigh I am doing well, but does it have to be a very specific area how I put it rather in the lateral area the readings are bad ... and am I going to blame Abbot?If I am placing it where I feel like it?

Hence, among us we help and understand perfectly what you say ... but we must make it clear that we are getting out of the manufacturer's instructions.

marine's profile photo
marine
09/07/2020 11:11 a.m.

rafach said:
I carry it in my thigh.

Hello, I am reading that you were carrying the free in the way in which part is that I want to try .. u greeting and thanks

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
03/21/2021 9:18 a.m.

Sugarsugar

almovaldes22 said:
rafach said:
I carry it in my thigh.

Hello, I am reading that you were carrying the free in the way in which part is that I want to try .. u greeting and thanks

marine's profile photo
marine
03/22/2021 7 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.