Diabetes sick suicide in hospital for avoiding a leg amputation

fer's profile photo   08/28/2014 6:19 a.m.

Sad news that (I am convinced) could have been avoided if there were more information and education about diabetes.

Also the cost of medicines and meters must have influenced.Friends of the pharmaceutical industry think about people, not everything is the benefits!

----

Villahermosa, Tabasco.- Because they were going to amputate a leg because of the diabetes he suffered, and who did not want to be a burden for his family, a 41-year-old man committed suicide in the bathroom of the Regional Hospital of Cunduacán, in Tabasco.

The subject was convalescent of a relapse in said hospital, where the doctors who attended him had given him the news that they should amputate a leg, derived from the seriousness of his illness.

Given this situation, the subject chose to hang himself with his own belt, before losing a limb.

According to hospital staff testimonies, the peasant, identified as Lenin Almeida Hernández, locked himself in the patient bath, where he hanged himself with a belt

Relatives of Almeida Hernández, originally from the Cumuapa ranchería, in Cunduacán, said that he had been interned for several days because a diabetes picture was complicated, although he had told them that it would not be a burden for them.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/28/2014 6:19 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

BufHow sad.

It is the other diabetes face.Every day doing controls and leveling the levels so that one day it is complicated ...

Although I believe and hope that if that man has reached such an extreme, it is because his controls and levels would not be very correct, right?
I want to think that getting to that situation is because of the neglect and little care ...

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
08/28/2014 9:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think it's more because I wouldn't have money to buy strips.You cannot be poor and diabetic.

Since I caught this disease I have a panic to run out of money.And even more that health breaks and I get unemployed.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/28/2014 9:27 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I agree that this disease is for rich.Regarding the suicide, poor, rest in peace ...

Has anyone noted to think that, despite all care and this inhumanly planned life that diabetes imposes us, perhaps in 10 years we are left without a view or without a leg or with neuropathy ...?Come on, no one comes to me with the pijada that diabetes is guay and that we are super sweet.But it would be worth pressure for a cure or an artificial pancreas to come to all patients, because if not the future is very black.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/28/2014 2:32 p.m.

Roar, I think about it if and day Tb ... when someone tells me poor so many punctures and not being able to eat what you want, I always think, if I do not care about my click ... I assure me that I don'tI will have complications and I will be very happy!

tica's profile photo
tica
08/28/2014 6:14 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

All the ethical reason and the same with the "disease of rich", to see who is the handsome who can pay without social security, strips, insulin, needles ... and let's not say the pumps or continuous monitors, that someWe already pay it by pressing the belt everything that can be

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/28/2014 7:59 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

That "rich disease" sounds fatal, especially after Argentina's president told us to blame us to be diabetics.

I think it is better to say that you cannot live (or survive) being poor and diabetic.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/28/2014 8:07 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I fully subscribe it !!!

Tica said:
When someone tells me poor so many punctures and not being ableI will be very happy!

fer's profile photo
fer
08/28/2014 8:16 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

With the "rich disease" I mean that if you have no money and you cannot pay the strips, needles, analysis, visits to the doctor, insulin ... hard.Thank God, we have social security, but if it weren't and we had to pay us everything ... how many would have already died? ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/28/2014 8:44 p.m.

Well, you want me to tell you, I don't want to think about those things.Now I'm fine, I take care of myself, and what I need, the SS gives it to me.If the time comes when I have to pay and I can't, I will worry.
That life is very short to waste time thinking about things that they will not even happen.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/29/2014 4:36 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

But it is horrible to live perpetually with Damocles' sword on top.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/29/2014 10:12 a.m.

It all depends on how you carry it and think if you want to spend the rest of your life martitizing you for being diabetic or getting it as well as possible and leading a "normal" life, because you can even get insisted that it is not so.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/29/2014 11:14 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

I carry it as well as possible but I will never understand that there are people who say that "nothing happens to have diabetes" ... On the other hand, no matter how much or a lot the fear of a complication is always there, it is something ofWhat I do not forget because I am realistic.

One thing is that I do not bitter and try to get the best of every day and another to put my head under the wing and not want to see reality ... ;-) Diabetes is neither beautiful nor good.

By the way, intrusive, we can lead a normalized life, never a normal life, they are different concepts.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/29/2014 12:01 p.m.

Roar, it is better to live controlled and not think much more. It is not easy, but it is achieved over time and you live quietly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/29/2014 11:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I lived very bad for a few years, without any control and there are my ojittos are already operated ... and they have told me that before 45 I get cataract for having my eyes ... I have had a small ulcer in the foot, but I have a total cured for two years or so ...
It is for neglecting! For example now I do not peak between hours, I punctu...

My experience is that life is super short! You have to live, and when you pass pre -okupate, and still think, there are people much worse to lose a leg ... there are people who do not live, I prefer to lose both legs, butlive

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
08/30/2014 8:20 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Anyway, things will be done as best and what has to be, it will be ...: -s

Vandorta, how is the retinopathy? When does it start treatment or have no remedy? ... I say it for what you have commented that they operated you but then you say that you are going to have cataract problems ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/30/2014 1:02 p.m.

Roar said:
I carry it as well as possible but I will never understand that there are people who say that "nothing happens to have diabetes" ... On the other hand, no matter how much I try, little or much the fear of a fear of aComplication is always there, it is something that I do not forget because I am realistic.

One thing is that I do not bitter and try to get the best of every day and another to put my head under the wing and not want to see reality ... ;-) Diabetes is neither beautiful nor good.

By the way, intrusive, we can lead a normalized life, never a normal life, they are different concepts.

@Roar, I have put normal in quotes, of course it is not a normal life, and that diabetes is not pretty, I do not think that anyone who suffers it is happy for it, but in my case, I have always done what they have doneMy friends, I have left glasses, to dinner, I have spent weekends out, vacation crossing the puddle, work, I have practiced sports, in short, I have not limited myself to do what I wanted to do because I am diabetics.I am very clear that I will not miss the good things that life gives me just because of the condition of diabetes, because everything is compatible.What is more spectacular because I have to go with all my cachivaches in tow?Of course, but I'm not going to stop doing them.
Look, a year ago that I have been the bomb and I have gone to Punta Cana with it, I go to the beach every weekend, it is a gang plug, unplug, plug again, get a control before, then, now again, and?If I want to enjoy the solete, it is what touches me, I will not give up it.
And in terms of having children, of course I will do it and if unfortunately, my children debut, what better example than mine.
It is my way of seeing things, I do not intend to convince anyone that this is pretty as you say, but I will not allow someone who has just debuted and enter this forum, read your messages and sink into misery.

To be happy!
;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/01/2014 3:51 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

I do things like you but I use this forum to let off steam, because I have never charged anyone with my problems (I do not give my hemo's contests or my hypos or other diabetic shits).My diabetes is only my matter, and if I have a bad day, I write here throwing pests.I shouldn't do it either ... maybe when I have a crooked day I should go to the field to scream and vent mySure is that I have not said any lie (I have limited myself to being realistic and looking at things straight ahead).And never, never, never, I will throw a coin into the air to see what happens to my children (if I get diabetic or not, because of me).That said, each person is a world and there each with their opinion.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/01/2014 6:50 a.m.

Of course, but personally, I do not believe that the tone of your messages are merely relieved.
Of course you can vent here, more would be missing, and nobody better than diabetics themselves to understand you, but it would also be good to share with us if you have good controls or good experiences.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/01/2014 7:18 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Ok.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/01/2014 10:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.