Diabetes sick suicide in hospital for avoiding a leg amputation

fer's profile photo   08/28/2014 6:19 a.m.

Roar, I think the artificial pàncreas (closed bomb) cannot take long.
And if I expected a vaccine to avoid triggering viruses in children. But that is taking too long.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2014 1:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Intruda, I do not know what kind of work you will have but in those of physical effort as in construction I already tell you from experience that with diabetes you cannot or do not last long;It all depends on luck when finding work according to what you have studied if not life with diabetes is not easy to say what you say;That is the pure truth and the one who is lucky enough to be in an office if it can take care and lead a life of care and gym, but the one that 10 hours ago in the construction or in hospitality that do not come to me with nonsense thatThat is not taken care of but only survives as can.
I know very well.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
09/02/2014 8:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good afternoon to all,

I was reading all the posts of this thread, and I said quite interesting.Mainly because in general I agree with different parts of what you have commented.I believe that it is true that we must be positive as much as possible, and try to enjoy life and every moment.

It is also true that all this, taking into account that we must take care of or try to keep blood sugar levels controlled (in the best possible way).

And well, to all this ... we also have to be realistic and think about complications, but not give them more importance than they have, because they may or may not be, and that really is what manages to leave us without answers, when ignoringWhat will happen "Tomorrow ..."

That is why I agree with both of them, because we must be realistic so much and have our feet on the floor, such as trying to look for the positive side and enjoy every moment like any other person (not letting diabetes steal us freedomto be able to do anything), always maintaining good control or trying to carry in the best way.

In this branch, we are all owners of our path, and of our life, and in it we must keep in mind that diabetes will have to accompany us on that long road ... is our partner on this trip that is life ...

Encouragement to all and did positively thinking about and being aware.

Many kisses ^_ ^

albiins's profile photo
albiins
09/02/2014 3:29 p.m.

DM1 año 1999
{diagnosticada con 9 años}
Humalog & Lantus (noche)

"El que aprende a mirar a los ojos, aprende a leer en el corazón"

That you want to tell you, it is not nice to have diabetes for anyone.It is something we carry, and we have to take it because it cannot be avoided, and take it the best we can within our possibilities and it is already.
But also think like me, my mother died of cancer at 40, my brother died of cancer at 28, a sister of my mother at 35, another sister of my mother at 44 and my grandmother from my mother withAbout 30 and I carry it in genes in 90 % possibilities.
I always have to think about a thousand things to take everything out of my head and think that my 11 and 14 years old does not touch any of these two shit, and what I don't like in this life is to see that people dislike orThe conversations are uploaded due to issues that cannot be solved.
Diabetes prevented me from joining the Civil Guard, an illusion that I had from a very young age, a large number of companions mine did, for many writings and attempts there was nothing to do.It prevents me from eating sweets, although I have ever left my hand.
I started with 14 years, and I had to go to the cinema with two vials to mix regular insulin (fast) and insulin NPH and the typical syringe of the drug addicts, you did not see to make the mixture that show and the package of material you had to carry,Even the ancient devices for the size they had is not like those of now, the first one I had was one of Boehringer Manhein Reflolux (I think it was written like this) and the canoe of strips that the size was huge along with its great boat where they were, and it was one of the first devices, next to the glucometer, Boeheringer's was more accurate and the cleaning of the strip was better, in this one you dragged the blood with a cotton and in the glucometer it was like drying (but bad memory).
Each decade advances a little more, but not healing, I think there is a lotIt happens when it detects that it is going up puts you units, with this it would provoke high peaks in a large percentage of times, except that we feed on ham york.
When I was young, I blocked me with the sport because the hypos were continuous and did not detect them, on a trip to Disneyland Paris that touched me on wave zero?That when I arrived in Spain, an invoice from the hospital of about 120,000 of the old pesetas, ambulance, emergency services, hospital and others, the radio journey did not have any kind of insurance and in the end I got the Social Security that the Social Security meIt will subsidize 40 %
I have been life for several years for several years, it clears me from all my thoughts and diabetes fails to stop me, with the inconvenience of always going with the sugar overflows that although I buy you for industrial boxes and always carry my dexcom (We are inseparable) it is more important than home keys, it is a mortgage like a forum friend commented, but a mortgage that does not end.
I have been with running for a little time but I like things with their heads and for now I do not do more than 1 hour, to habituate the muscles well since the same ones are not used as with the MTB or the spinning, which is my goal?In a year or year and a half do a half marathon, will I get it?I don't know, but try it.
When some Indoor cycle student finds out that I am diabetic and I start to sweat they already look at me with a face we will see if it falls, and even tell the owners of the Gym, and what do I do?Well, complicating the class more and making him see that diabetes will not be able to with the cycle, over time they see that I control, but this is not funny.
When I go out with the MTB, then three fifths of the same, beforeI hid and knew one or two in case something happened to me, and now what do I do?Well, I don't hide, it's more, I'm seeing to buy some DT1 t -shirts and even sign up for the MTB and running club.
It is true diabetes is a p ....... a m ....... a, and you can imagine what is going between the points, but life are two days and are to enjoy them and tryForget the bad things that surround us.
Much encourage everyone and that little by little the technology is improving to help us give us more quality of life.
Ah!Forgive for the roll that I have put you, but it is what I think.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/02/2014 4:16 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello, any death is sad news.I have read very successful comments (I like added :)) and I do not intend, or by far, place myself in any position regarding this news, but perhaps emphasize the words Mexico, Villahermosa, peasant ....

As the life of a diabetic is commented, it is hard, but I don't want to imagine in certain conditions, which surely occur in an immense part of the globe.

I think it is very easy to say that "it is not for so much" or "I get it very well" or "you can get perfectly" when someone carries a pump of thousands of euros, modern insulins, strips when they are needed, very expensive, analytical,An SS that allows you to get a low if you are wrong in a very good job, or I have a dexcom -very euros too.

The life of each is that ... of each one.And in certain situations, it can be very very very hard and complex.I do not justify anything, I would be missing, I just mention.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/04/2014 7:20 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Well, I agree with the majority.Diabetes is a "m ....", your life changes and you have to adapt to the disease not the other way around as with other ailments.
I do not worry much about the consequences, I mean glaucoma, limb loss, liver, kidneys etc.Because the same tomorrow goes crazy with the car and end, or I fall or a thousand things that can happen to us to this ailment.

What is sad is that there are countries (underdeveloped or in the process of development) where there is no education, I no longer speak of medication or control instruments such as in Europe.
I am sure that the US does not have insurance, you are much worse or equal to the Mexican peasant and that is a developed and media country.

Oh, thanks that we live in a country within a continent where the security and the state of the social good prevails.Out of Europe there is not.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/27/2016 4 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, the case is very sad, I also believe it because I thought it would not be useful, after all living in a bed is horrible, and for lack of information which often does not reach the most needy which usually eat veryBad due to lack of education and money, many say that diabetics maintain pharmacies for being the most sick, than ugly.

Hilda's profile photo
Hilda
04/27/2016 9:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.