They publish Maria an article about diabetes in the school magazine.

RocioLlinares's profile photo   12/23/2015 10:52 a.m.

Maria tells what diabetes is and how she lives it.I wanted his classmates, school and people in general to know diabetes and raise awareness a bit about all this ...

(Translated text)

Things to know about diabetes.

A few days before the end of last year I was diagnosed with "diabetes mellitus", or better known as type I diabetes. The symptoms I had was weight loss, tiredness, desire to eat sweet things (and that I had never likedthe sweet), he also drank a lot.Given the weight loss, which was almost 4 kg in less than a month, my parents took me to the pediatrician, which, when he checked the symptoms and the large amount of water he drank, he already suspected the cause and asked me for an analysisof bloodThe next day and with the results that confirmed the suspicions I was admitted to the hospital, where I was five days to regulate the amount of blood glucose and to learn how my life was going to be thereafter.

Type I diabetis is an autoimmune disease that mainly affects children.It has nothing to do with the diet or the lifestyle you have taken so far, that the type II diabetes that normally affects older people.The first comment that people make is that I liked the sweet and in my case is all the opposite.

It is a disease where the beta cells of the pancreas stop working.They are responsible for producing insulin.Insulin works as a key to open the cells and that the glucose that is in the blood between them so that our body has enough energy.If our body does not produce insulin, glucose remains in the blood and the body uses the energy accumulated in fat, which explains weight loss.

To carry good control of type I diabetes there are three fundamental pillars: injected insulin, diet based on carbohydrates and sport.

Unlike what many people think, glucose not only get it from the sugar we take, but all carbohydrates that food carry are transformed into glucose in our body.Foods such as pasta, fruit, cereals and some vegetables carry carbohydrates.

How does your life change when you diagnose diabetes?

I have to do glucose controls before each meal, before and after playing sports and given the suspicion of a decrease (hypoglycemia) or a rise (hyperglycemia).Calculate the amount of carbohydrates that I am going to eat and calculate the insulin that corresponds to me in each case.Take into account the amount of fat in each food, because it depends on the glucose to absorb more or less quickly.The activity also influences, and as I am checking now, the nerves.There are so many things to keep in mind that every day is different.It is a chronic disease that at the moment has no cure.

From here I want to take advantage of the opportunity that school gives me to raise awareness among all people and ask for their help to continue research and find a cure.

And thank all my teachers, my classmates and school in general their concern and involvement about my illness.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/23/2015 10:52 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Congratulations on the article !! simple and of course !!Phenomenal .... ^:) ^

Enma's profile photo
Enma
12/23/2015 11:34 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

The penalty that I don't know Valencian ... but well, congratulations !!

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/23/2015 11:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you @enma, thanks @aranzazuleg, and I'm sorry, I know that many do not understand, have if I have a little while and translate it ... but hey, he does not count anything you don't know.

RocioLlinares
12/23/2015 11:50 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares thanks for sharing it, Maria is a champion! I have marked it with a "like";)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/23/2015 11:53 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is understood quite well, although some word can be escaped.But I tell my sister -in -law that it is Valencian to translate it ...;)

Enma's profile photo
Enma
12/23/2015 11:53 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

I already imagine that I would not count anything new, but I wanted to read as she sees.I have certainly not caught anything, I am very clumsy: -s

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/23/2015 11:57 a.m.

I play with advantage because I am Catalan ...
Waiting for translation for the entire forum, just saying that it is very well written, clear and concise.With the intention of informing, without victimism but without avoiding that it is a problem and a p .... what happened to it.

Congratulations to Maria and a handkerchief for @rociollinares, pride of daughter !!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/23/2015 12:21 p.m.

@Rociollinares very well !!!Congratulations on the common sense and sincerity of your daughter.I liked the writing a lot, I think I have managed to understand almost everything.The most important thing is that: explain to the whole environment that really consists of type 1 diabetes and what it implies.And that the investigation is supported.A hug.You will be more than proud: \ ">

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/23/2015 1:48 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Congratulations on the article.I don't know anything, but more or less I have been able to translate it.A kiss for your daughter

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/23/2015 4:19 p.m.

Thanks @Fer, thanks @kraken, thanks @ainhoa, thanks @anaisabel
The truth is that both, as my husband gave us, I don't know what to tell him in the first person, for the issue of discriminations and everything that entails this.But she has assumed it from the beginning, and as she says this is part of her and that she does not like to look.

RocioLlinares
12/23/2015 6:41 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

(Translated text)

Things to know about diabetes.

A few days before the end of last year I was diagnosed with "diabetes mellitus", or better known as type I diabetes. The symptoms I had was weight loss, tiredness, desire to eat sweet things (and that I had never likedthe sweet), he also drank a lot.Given the weight loss, which was almost 4 kg in less than a month, my parents took me to the pediatrician, which, when he checked the symptoms and the large amount of water he drank, he already suspected the cause and asked me for an analysisof bloodThe next day and with the results that confirmed the suspicions I was admitted to the hospital, where I was five days to regulate the amount of blood glucose and to learn how my life was going to be thereafter.

Type I diabetis is an autoimmune disease that mainly affects children.It has nothing to do with the diet or the lifestyle you have taken so far, that the type II diabetes that normally affects older people.The first comment that people make is that I liked the sweet and in my case is all the opposite.

It is a disease where the beta cells of the pancreas stop working.They are responsible for producing insulin.Insulin works as a key to open the cells and that the glucose that is in the blood between them so that our body has enough energy.If our body does not produce insulin, glucose remains in the blood and the body uses the energy accumulated in fat, which explains weight loss.

To carry good control of type I diabetes there are three fundamental pillars: injected insulin, diet based on carbohydrates and sport.

Unlike what many people think, glucose not only get it from the sugar we take, but all carbohydrates that food carry are transformed into glucose in our body.Foods such as pasta, fruit, cereals and some vegetables carry carbohydrates.

How does your life change when you diagnose diabetes?

I have to do glucose controls before each meal, before and after playing sports and given the suspicion of a decrease (hypoglycemia) or a rise (hyperglycemia).Calculate the amount of carbohydrates that I am going to eat and calculate the insulin that corresponds to me in each case.Take into account the amount of fat in each food, because it depends on the glucose to absorb more or less quickly.The activity also influences, and as I am checking now, the nerves.There are so many things to keep in mind that every day is different.It is a chronic disease that at the moment has no cure.

From here I want to take advantage of the opportunity that school gives me to raise awareness among all people and ask for their help to continue research and find a cure.

And thank all my teachers, my classmates and school in general their concern and involvement about my illness.

RocioLlinares
12/23/2015 7:08 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

You know how I think I have loved when I name sport as a pillar to diabetes next to insulin.

Congratulations on that girl

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/23/2015 7:28 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Congratulations to Maria and Rocío for educating like this !!!

You have a potential writer.You must feel very proud of her.

Kisses to both.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
12/23/2015 7:40 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

He looks very adult and aware, congratulations

He has told it well, he has not entered much into the pain that is to prick all the time, in what the hypoglycemia are bitter and how bad it happens, and has not talked about what happens if you do not carry good control, which isterrible long -term.

He has told it a little light, but I suppose that it gives it more normality, if not many would treat it as if it were glass.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/23/2015 7:44 p.m.

Thanks @monica_ltd, thanks @Artorias
Yes, many things have been missing, but I had a space limit.You will have to do a second part ...;)

RocioLlinares
12/23/2015 7:50 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Very well written, concise and clear.
And very assumed the part that touches him. In a very difficult age, in which rebellion can be a serious problem.
But she knows how to face all this from the beginning. That is already very much mejeple the prognosis of everything.
Congratulations to get it

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/23/2015 8:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks @regina and @jconegar.
Jconegar, in his presentation of the Athletics Club every child writes a phrase about what athletics is like and his was, for a few months athletics is a fundamental pillar in my life.

RocioLlinares
12/23/2015 10:32 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

jconegar said:
You know how I think I loved when I name sport as pillar to diabetes next to insulin.

Well, it seemed like a perfect article to that, I don't understand what sport has to do with type1 diabetes.And of course it is no fundamental pillar of this.Although it is good for the health of people in general, for DM1, without a continuous meter it is almost torture to do sports.

Pichazo before, in the middle, after.Eat before, in half (according to these) and then continue up and down in the following hours.

And sport people use it basically to disconnect, to evade the problems from day to day, but for a diabetic it is quite the opposite, the concerns from day to day or the control of sugar increases exponentially.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/23/2015 11:19 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Improves insulin sensitivity, it also increases the use of glucose by the muscle, it helps control weight, helps us maintain blood pressure, helps control the level of cholesterol, reduces the incidence of cardiovascular diseases, very important all these all theseBenefits for us.
I imagine Sherpa that the MCG goes for me perhaps, I before when I did sport many controls because it was hours, but I decide to buy it after entering the second time in a coma walking through my city.He never gave me a hypo doing sports because control was much better, the first time was in Disneyland.
It is true that it is now much more comfortable but it is also true that it would never have bought the MCG but would have entered into a coma and precisely with the sport as it did several analytics was better.
My hypos are asymptomatic so I fell twice.
It is also true that now with the bomb I am much more regulated both in life daily and sport because I play a lot with the basal.
But please that nobody interprets that I buy the Dexcom for the sport because it is not true.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/23/2015 11:31 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.