They publish Maria an article about diabetes in the school magazine.

RocioLlinares's profile photo   12/23/2015 10:52 a.m.

I did not say it for you, I have not followed your post since the sport does not interest me much, I said it for my own experience of when I did it.

And the truth is that all these advantages go to shit if you have to take several sugary soft drinks while doing sports, after doing so, sugar all the time uncontrolled, with a lot of stress and fear for sugar or get home made dusty byA brutal descent ...

And the improvement of glucose use by the muscle is a temporal effect that what it does is precisely that out of control of your glycemia.The other choleol, pressure, etc. advantages are for everyone.

And I did have several serious dances doing sports and in 20 years it has only happened to me playing sports, with a call to ambulance and all that roll.Obviously to the third time I faint, leave him forever.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/23/2015 11:39 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

And I say without the intention of creating debate, why with how pretty the letter of the breeding has been in school we end up this thread discussing or exchanging impressions about the good or bad thing that sport is, come kids Merry Christmas !!<:-P

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/24/2015 12:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The truth is that I can't help getting excited because he is very young and telling him in the first person more.I am very happy for her, for her courage to tell it, to give us voice.And it is very well written so that anyone can understand it.A hug to Maria!
I said once that maybe they published one about diabetes and they have done it, I will have it.

You have to do as Maria, make its way to make it natural even if it is very difficult to take it.
Greetings!

Dori's profile photo
Dori
12/24/2015 12:03 a.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

It is not a real discussion, we are talking, we are all here to help us.
Sherpa is true that it is difficult to know that taking at all times but with patience and care does not have to cause a hyper.For now, I hate the sugary soft drinks, I don't like anything, lacking in my case, although there are people who do well, here you know that we are a world.
Regular cholesterol?I am taking 40 mg pills at 41 to not take goes to shit, really no, to me that happens to others I don't care, it benefits me.
It is true that you have to do controls, well respect your opinion because you have taken a very bad experience, but surely if you start, you analyze routes, you analyze what to take luxury.
Animate man/woman.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/24/2015 12:28 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Honestly, to me all this cholesterol, pressure and such is not something that motivates me to go to the gym.I really, if sport was basically to be hars and be able to link more.

With 23 years, it was almost worth the effort and even with the terrible handicap that was to do it with diabetes, now with 43 years and with all those problems that I have told you, no.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/24/2015 12:51 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sprinkle said:
Maria tells what diabetes is and how she lives it.I wanted his classmates, school and people in general to know diabetes and raise awareness a bit about all this ...

(Translated text)

Things to know about diabetes.

A few days before the end of last year I was diagnosed with "diabetes mellitus", or better known as type I diabetes. The symptoms I had was weight loss, tiredness, desire to eat sweet things (and that I had never likedthe sweet), he also drank a lot.Given the weight loss, which was almost 4 kg in less than a month, my parents took me to the pediatrician, which, when he checked the symptoms and the large amount of water he drank, he already suspected the cause and asked me for an analysisof bloodThe next day and with the results that confirmed the suspicions I was admitted to the hospital, where I was five days to regulate the amount of blood glucose and to learn how my life was going to be thereafter.

Type I diabetis is an autoimmune disease that mainly affects children.It has nothing to do with the diet or the lifestyle you have taken so far, that the type II diabetes that normally affects older people.The first comment that people make is that I liked the sweet and in my case is all the opposite.

It is a disease where the beta cells of the pancreas stop working.They are responsible for producing insulin.Insulin works as a key to open the cells and that the glucose that is in the blood between them so that our body has enough energy.If our body does not produce insulin, glucose remains in the blood and the body uses the energy accumulated in fat, which explains weight loss.

To carry good control of type I diabetes there are three fundamental pillars: injected insulin, diet based on carbohydrates and sport.

Unlike what many people think, glucose not only get it from the sugar we take, but all carbohydrates that food carry are transformed into glucose in our body.Foods such as pasta, fruit, cereals and some vegetables carry carbohydrates.

How does your life change when you diagnose diabetes?

I have to do glucose controls before each meal, before and after playing sports and given the suspicion of a decrease (hypoglycemia) or a rise (hyperglycemia).Calculate the amount of carbohydrates that I am going to eat and calculate the insulin that corresponds to me in each case.Take into account the amount of fat in each food, because it depends on the glucose to absorb more or less quickly.The activity also influences, and as I am checking now, the nerves.There are so many things to keep in mind that every day is different.It is a chronic disease that at the moment has no cure.

From here I want to take advantage of the opportunity that school gives me to raise awareness among all people and ask for their help to continue research and find a cure.

And thank all my teachers, my classmates and the school in general their concern and involvement about my illness.

ani's profile photo
ani
12/24/2015 9:23 a.m.

a thousand congratulations on focusing so directly the problem diabètes and without dodging the patient's responsibility, my dear Maria .......... always continues and just look forward !!!!!!!! Without faint before anythingNor before Nadies !!!!!I wish you, Maria, Rocio and your whole family: Merry Christmas and Prospero not new 2016, Ani

ani's profile photo
ani
12/24/2015 9:28 a.m.

Thanks for the translation :-)
It is very good, it is also an article that will be saved and surely in a few years there is some other diabetic in the school that reads it.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/24/2015 9:45 a.m.

It is very well written, brief, concise and most importantly, someone outside this world would understand.
Tales are?Without knowing her I think she is a very mature girl and with her head very well furnished.Congratulations

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/24/2015 12:30 p.m.

Thank you very much to everyone !!!Maria is giving her ashamed, we would never have thought about, this reaction.Even the association here in Valencia has hung it on their Facebook, and they want us to send them a written copy.
It all started as a job for school, which could upload a note and with the support of his teacher it was decided to talk about diabetes.
@joseludi, Maria is thirteen, well we can say that fourteen, he meets them right in a month.And yes, with respect to diabetes it is showing a maturity that we would never have expected, the same has made him mature suddenly, that and the sudden death of his grandfather four months ago, so he has taken two very hard blows in the middleanus.In fact, the psychopedagogical center he attends, corroborate the same thing that many have said, in fact if another child with diabetes is presented, they want her to explain everything she knows and how she is living.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/24/2015 2:50 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Congratulations to Mary !!!and to her mother @rociollinares that accompanies her so much.Very good job: -BD

@Ceciii

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
12/26/2015 12:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.