{'en': 'Algorithm for calculating insulin needs', 'es': 'Algoritmo para el cálculo de las necesidades de insulina'} Image

Algorithm for calculating insulin needs

fer's profile photo   12/19/2014 9:54 a.m.

Great..Thanks @fer

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
10/25/2015 3:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Fer very complete!Maybe too many data to assimilate in a single image, but curradisimo that yes.
One question: Somogyi's phenomenon is the same as the phenomenon of dawn?I have had to look for Google, because I had never heard it and I don't see it at all clear

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/26/2015 2:09 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater, it is not the same although the 2 end up in a sugar climb.
The effect of dawn is only produced at night, towards dawn, blood glucose values ​​are rising due to hormones (cortisol, acth, catecholamines ..) to help us awaken and the somogy effect, it is due to previous hypoglycemia (You have a drop and the body responds to the stimulus releasing cortisol and other hormones exaggeratedly), this can occur at any time of the day, not necessarily at night.
They are often confused because being asleep you can not notice hypoglycemia and you lift yourself high as for the effect of dawn.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/26/2015 3:53 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gemater Although @gala has explained it great, you can complement the information reading the topics of the following links:

Link
Link

According to Wikipedia ...

The phenomenon or effect of Somogy or Somogyi is the rebound effect produced by the administration of an insulin dose too high.It was discovered by Michael Somogyi.

The organism, to try to counteract the hypoglycemia caused by the high dose of insulin, secret counter -regulatory hormones (epinephrine, acth, glucagon and somatotropin), which stimulates lipolysis, gluconeogenesis and glucogenolysis and increase serum glucose levels.

It usually happens in diabetic patients who receive a night dose of insulin, usually insulin NPH, so that in the maximum action hours of it there is a hypoglycemia that triggers this effect - a hyperglycemia and morning ketosis - which, which, which, whichIn turn, it can be misunderstood as a result of an insufficient dose of night insulin.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/26/2015 4:03 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@fer @gala, I am clear!Thank you very much to both

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/26/2015 6:02 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

For me the scheme is indecipherable ... but it is interesting the level that you have some ... Thank you all, for the information and for the comments that make me laugh and take this with humor, it is clear that I have a lot to learn to learn

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
10/26/2015 10:16 p.m.

And for the mixed insulin that is what I wear?

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/07/2015 1:53 a.m.

@Xavi, I don't know if you are happy with that insulin .., he is very slave and does not give you freedom for anything ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/07/2015 2:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.