{'en': 'Algorithm for calculating insulin needs', 'es': 'Algoritmo para el cálculo de las necesidades de insulina'} Image

Algorithm for calculating insulin needs

fer's profile photo   12/19/2014 9:54 a.m.

It has often been discussed in the forum on the difficulty in calculating the insulin units necessary for type 1 diabetics, and certainly, it is not easy, and it is not an exact science, the number of factors on which it depends makes itcomplicated hitting.

To illustrate this complexity, and also to facilitate the understanding of how many factors affect, a calculation algorithm has been developed that illustrates this problem quite well, here I leave it, at first it costs to follow, but if you spend a little time,You end up square.;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/19/2014 9:54 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Blessed God !!!What friendly infographic xDDDDD

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/19/2014 11:27 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The Virgin, how cool, but I don't find out anything

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
12/19/2014 12:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Mother of beautiful love !!!Nor explaining it to me to find out something

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
12/20/2014 10 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

And an experienced diabetic doing it by eye, is controlled better than another that will try to apply this algorithm.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/20/2014 12:22 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Inapplicable.I imagine that it will be to program informally because for a patient it is not worth.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
12/20/2014 1:55 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

But why do regular insulin want, 30 minutes before meals, if there are already rapids?
Nothing, the glucometer and that each one is fixed, because every day it will be different, do what you do ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/20/2014 6:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Of course very curved ...

Too bad the sun hit you 10 minutes on your forehead ... or sneeze 3 times in a row ... or you reach the mailbox a traffic envelope (fine) and the cold sweat falls ... or repeat the pizza that youYou've eaten ... or pique you a mosquito on your shoulder and scratch you 8 times ... or you laugh when reading this ... so that all this is useless and end with a beautiful hypo, or in the stratosphere.

I see it a bit like give you a fantastic technical manual to change the Trócola Board :)

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/21/2014 1:11 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Can't you trust this, huh?
If by being 180 you increase the dose 8 units, you stay ko, ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/21/2014 1:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

It is clear that ours is not a simple science, if we really put all the missing factors, this picture would be huge!

fer's profile photo
fer
12/21/2014 2:52 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer, we are so different that it cannot be generalized .. we make our own algorithms every day .. :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/21/2014 7:06 p.m.

Thank you very much @fer.What is the source?I would appreciate the data to continue reading ...
@Ceciii

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
10/22/2015 1:59 a.m.

I will not lie to you.I have not yet explained how to correct me, this graph has been very afraid.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/22/2015 8:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

If the schemes that Maria de Social and Natural brings me already scare me !!!!I don't even tell you this !!!There if one day I can get to understand it ..... it would be a sign that I know and I understand something more of diabetes ..... because today it seems that he knows less and less on the subject ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/22/2015 10:02 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Ufff!As they have not taught me anything when I have to correct and that dose. All this is very big and I am almost depressing I will not be able to with this. Anyway thanks @fer

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/22/2015 10:17 a.m.

We are in the same situation, @aliciaalicia.I had read the rule of 1800?, which is a much more simple operation.Although with this I suppose it will be more wrong.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/22/2015 12:23 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

@Ceciii some time ago on this issue, now I don't have it by hand, I will look for it and tell you when I can.

On @pike's question and the concern of @aliciaalicia there are many issues in what we clarify, take a look at this link:

Link

And @aliciaalicia a recommendation, do not get over!It is all the good that can be had, and as you will see in my signature, so far, without complications.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/22/2015 12:29 p.m.

aliciaalicia said:
ufff!As they have not taught me anything when I have to correct and that dose. All this is very big and I am almost depressing I will not be able to with this. Anyway thanks @fer

They probably have not taught you because it cannot be taught, as the saying goes "every master has its bookHow do you see that you are working with the most convenient doses for you.
Much encouragement and above all patience !!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
10/22/2015 11:06 p.m.

Thank you @fer, I will try not to overwhelm me.

DiabetesForo
10/24/2015 9:28 p.m.

Thanks @con_q_de_quimica.

DiabetesForo
10/24/2015 9:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.