A help with psychology

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo   01/11/2016 1:35 p.m.

As you know I am not a diabetic, I am in the forum for my girl, and there are things that I cannot understand, to see if you can help me understand a couple of things:

- This Christmas I have received an economic gift that I did not expect, so I decided to buy from my girl the painless toWhen I put it in the face ... (nor that I would have bought a whim for me).By the way, it has not yet reached me, and I don't want to spend a money on shipping costs to return it, if someone wants him to know with me.

- The insulin bomb: all doctors, and (many of you) have recommended that you try to wear the bomb, but she tells me that she does not want, because for her that is like throwing in the towel, when I ask why whyThink that the bomb is throwing the towel tells me that he does not want to continue talking about the subject ...

Thanks for your answers!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
01/11/2016 1:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @con_q_de_quimica, in part I understand what happens to you, diabetes is a very personal issue, each one we carry as better we can and it seems to us.

In my case, I am badly accepted by the third parties suggestions on how I should do to control my diabetes, it has a point of "that they will know about this ...", in short, that is something that affects us a lot in day to day andThat in some way, a change in how we manage it is a change in how we are, I don't know if I explain ...

I think that if she considered that the punctured people need, do not worry that she would have bought it, regardless of the cost.

And about the bomb, I think it happens as the first, in my case, I've been diabetic for about 18 years, and I have evaluated many times about the pump but I didn't just see myself, not because I don't think I'm going toImprove control, that is, difficult, or etc ... if not because of going with the pot on top and a different way of controlling myself, in this, I think how the above, when she sees it necessary, she will ask, and in thatMoment will value your support!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/11/2016 3:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

ufer said:
hello @con_q_de_quimica, in part I understand what happens to it, diabetes is a very personal theme, each one we carry as best we can and it seems to us.

In my case, I am badly accepted by the third parties suggestions on how I should do to control my diabetes, it has a point of "that they will know about this ...", in short, that is something that affects us a lot in day to day andThat in some way, a change in how we manage it is a change in how we are, I don't know if I explain ...

I think that if she considered that the punctured people need, do not worry that she would have bought it, regardless of the cost.

And about the bomb, I think it happens as the first, in my case, I've been diabetic for about 18 years, and I have evaluated many times about the pump but I didn't just see myself, not because I don't think I'm going toImprove control, that is, difficult, or etc ... if not because of going with the pot on top and a different way of controlling myself, in this, I think how the above, when she sees it necessary, she will ask, and in thatMoment will value your support!;)

Thank you for your explanation @Fer!, I do not intend to carry your diabetes in another way, or tell you how you have to do it.I simply try that your day to day is a little more bearable.About people, before buying it he told me that it was fine, but it was very expensive.Could it be that he sees herself as an economic "load"?

Regarding the bomb, I understand perfectly what you think, I hate taking devices on top (I find an inconspression until I carry my mobile), the question is why it doesn't tell me?More than the fact that I do not put it on, what worries me is that I do not want to explain my reason.

Thank you again!

Con_Q_de_quimica
01/11/2016 3:21 p.m.

On the prick, I think he simply does not believe that it is worth spending the money, that with what he has now he is doing well.And about the bomb, if you are "pressing it" or she feels that you press her, it is normal for even the discussion to reject, you would have to find a good time when you feel pressured you can talk about the subject.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/11/2016 3:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
about the puncture, I think it simply does not believe it is worth spending money, which with what it has now is doing well.And about the bomb, if you are "pressing it" or she feels that you press her, it is normal for even the discussion to reject, you would have to find a good time when you feel pressured you can talk about the subject.

I will do that, thanks, you leave me quieter !!

Con_Q_de_quimica
01/11/2016 3:57 p.m.

Hello @con_q_de_quimica, in addition to the wise advice of @Fer, I would like to add my opinion, in case it serves you or if your girl thinks like how I think about something.

What catches my attention is "throwing the towel."

The most difficult thing for a diabetic is to find the commitment between good control that avoids complications and an obsession with control that causes you long -term psychological consequences.In that sense, I believe that your girl needs time for her in which she does not feel diabetic.It looks like a bullshit, but seeing you causing all day, when you showers, when you change, etc. prevents you from "forgetting" that you are diabetic, even if you have many advantages for the control of your glycemia.

That is why when you give her something for "her diabetes", in a certain way her disease has passed over her, she prefers a book, or a flower, or something for her, not for her illness, it is worse to give her a puncher than avacuum cleaner.

The bomb is more of the same, it will be a cachivache that when it arrives will never leave, because it will make life easier, yes, it will have to endure indiscreet looks at all hours, and that depending on the character of each one canBe very stressful...

I hope I have helped.

P.S.By the way, I am a degree in chemical sciences from the UB, so glucose unites us doubly...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/11/2016 4:27 p.m.

When someone tells me that he is going to do something for me or does something for me, I'm glad.But if that has to do with diabetes M annoying and one reason is not said.Now you have made me think @con_q_de_quimica.My husband is greatly involved in my illness and is always pending, but for the other day I was talking about buying the Dexcon (free use) because I bother.I get almost angrily.And I still think why ?? ...

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/11/2016 4:38 p.m.

kraken said:
hello @con_q_de_quimica, in addition to the wise advice of @fer, I would like to add my opinion, in case it serves you or if your girl thinks like how I think about something.

What catches my attention is "throwing the towel."

The most difficult thing for a diabetic is to find the commitment between good control that avoids complications and an obsession with control that causes you long -term psychological consequences.In that sense, I believe that your girl needs time for her in which she does not feel diabetic.It looks like a bullshit, but seeing you causing all day, when you showers, when you change, etc. prevents you from "forgetting" that you are diabetic, even if you have many advantages for the control of your glycemia.

That is why when you give her something for "her diabetes", in a certain way her disease has passed over her, she prefers a book, or a flower, or something for her, not for her illness, it is worse to give her a puncher than avacuum cleaner.

The bomb is more of the same, it will be a cachivache that when it arrives will never leave, because it will make life easier, yes, it will have to endure indiscreet looks at all hours, and that depending on the character of each one canBe very stressful...

I hope I have helped.

P.S.By the way, I am a degree in chemical sciences from the UB, so glucose unites us doubly...

Thank you very much for your opinion, the truth is that I do not hope that the bomb will be a remarkable improvement;Thanks to the Dexcom already has the Hemo at 6.7.Actually, it was raised in case it could be more comfortable for her than the punctures of which he complains so much, the same with the people (I clarify that I have given it to him with more things), I bought it because he complained about the punctures inThe fingers.

From now on I will be more cautious and I will consult absolutely everything, in case the flies ...

Con_Q_de_quimica
01/11/2016 4:40 p.m.

anaisabel said:
When someone tells me that he will do something for me or do something for me.But if that has to do with diabetes M annoying and one reason is not said.Now you have made me think @con_q_de_quimica.My husband is greatly involved in my illness and is always pending, but for the other day I was talking about buying the Dexcon (free use) because I bother.I get almost angrily.And I still think why ?? ...

@Anaisabel in view of the comments that I am reading, I begin to think that I am making decisions that she should make on her own, that you may consciously or unconsciously think that we are getting entrusting or that we treat you as if you were not capable ofdo things for you
/All.

Con_Q_de_quimica
01/11/2016 5:23 p.m.

To me the prick people seem to me cheap (it is a say).
He gave me quality of life, now I appreciate it but I hardly measure me with strips for the Dexcom, before there were 8-10 measurements a day.
If you learn to regulate well finding the correct almoadilla for your skin, and you meet the technique of adeced use, nothing feels absolutely.
And the fingers and hardness and holes of holes improve a lot.
It is a pleasure to stop feeling pain 10 times and notice it only with the punctures of the needles.And for that there is a bomb.

If I try a season, I tell you that I do not release it.

On the psychological subject, I can add to what they have already told you, so just encourage you.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
01/11/2016 5:32 p.m.

I am 29 years of controlled diabetic, I spent 5 years to get the bomb and nobody told me it was my decision.They put it in July 2015 and it is part of my life I would not know how to live without it, both in day by day and at the sports level, referring to the bombs there are opinions of everything.
The bomb is very very personal.
When has an hiccup up it to tell you?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/11/2016 5:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

artories said:
The geunttel prick seems cheap (it is a say).
He gave me quality of life, now I appreciate it but I hardly measure me with strips for the Dexcom, before there were 8-10 measurements a day.
If you learn to regulate well finding the correct almoadilla for your skin, and you meet the technique of adeced use, nothing feels absolutely.
And the fingers and hardness and holes of holes improve a lot.
It is a pleasure to stop feeling pain 10 times and notice it only with the punctures of the needles.And for that there is a bomb.

If I try a season, I tell you that I do not release it.

On the psychological subject, I can add little to what they have already told you, so just encourage you.

Thanks @Artorias, I don't know if I will want to try it ...

And thank you all for being there, it is great to be able to go to you when you do not know what to do, or as in this case, what to do.

Con_Q_de_quimica
01/11/2016 5:37 p.m.

jconegar said:
I am 29 years well controlled, I spent 5 years to get the bomb and not told me nobody was a decision of mine.They put it in July 2015 and it is part of my life I would not know how to live without it, both in day by day and at the sports level, referring to the bombs there are opinions of everything.
The bomb is very very personal.
When has an hiccup up it to tell you?

In general, nothing bothers him, only when I try to talk about the bomb that for some reason is a taboo, I suppose that sooner or later he will tell me why.

Con_Q_de_quimica
01/11/2016 5:41 p.m.

And you have not thought about the possibility that in a way they do not want you to suffer or that you worry about their illness as much as they do?That with one who suffers is more than enough.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/11/2016 5:42 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

sprinkle said:
And you have not thought about the possibility that in a way do you not want you to suffer or that you worry about their illness as much as they do?That with one who suffers is more than enough.

Of course, but get the day to day of the person you love to be a more bearable tad is not a suffering, but an immense joy.

Con_Q_de_quimica
01/11/2016 5:46 p.m.

My partner is a nurse in a hospital and for more Inri was a season in the endocrinology consultation so imagine the control that he did until he realized that asking me at all times how are you?It bothered me, irritated, mosques above all depending on the level of glucose that I had (you already understand me) it is not the same to tell him that you are in 55mg or 255mg than telling him that you are in 80mg, in the end it is quite stressful and a kind of daily examinationContinuous that can burn a lot.In the end and after speaking it, we relax and although many times I appreciate that I ask me how I am, if this is chronified if it becomes very "burning."Now the only thing you do when I am a little just before a meal is to prepare a glass of water with sugar and it does not let me start eating until I have traced but the rest of the day gives me truce.

Although we always do not understand the concern for us, it is good that from time to time they do as I do when a relative or relative is sick and I recognize that sometimes I can also become very heavy!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/11/2016 6:21 p.m.

It is that each person are different, perhaps she wants to give fair importance to the disease and not always knowing glucose.
Instead, if they give me a reliable glucometer I put the sea happy.
Although the truth is that it gives quite angry that does not give you a reasonable answer to why.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/11/2016 8:47 p.m.

Hi @con_q_de_quimica (I'm Alberto), we haven't talked for a long time.

We have ever commented on the bomb.To me, just like @jconegar and other colleagues has given me life, it has made me again interest and concern for my diabetes.

Regarding the theme of psychology ...... It is true diabetics we have bad milk and sometimes we can't stand or ourselves !!!!In general it is a characteristic common to all of us who have a chronic disease.

My "advice" (if you leave me) passes from your girl's diabetes (with me they did and worked, I began to let them "worry" about me).May their parents, his doctor, ... who give him cane and, even if it costs you a lot, I will get careless (or worrying without being realized).

Regarding the bomb ..... This summer we will surely go through Cádiz (you owe me a beer) and take the bomb ... to see it, to play with it, surely he ends up liking.Everything also bothers me, I don't wear a clock !!!But the bomb ... not even leave it now.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
01/11/2016 9:35 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

monica_ltd said:
hello u@con_q_de_quimica (I am Alberto), we have not talked for a long time.

We have ever commented on the bomb.To me, just like @jconegar and other colleagues has given me life, it has made me again interest and concern for my diabetes.

Regarding the theme of psychology ...... It is true diabetics we have bad milk and sometimes we can't stand or ourselves !!!!In general it is a characteristic common to all of us who have a chronic disease.

My "advice" (if you leave me) passes from your girl's diabetes (with me they did and worked, I began to let them "worry" about me).May their parents, his doctor, ... who give him cane and, even if it costs you a lot, I will get careless (or worrying without being realized).

Regarding the bomb ..... This summer we will surely go through Cádiz (you owe me a beer) and take the bomb ... to see it, to play with it, surely he ends up liking.Everything also bothers me, I don't wear a clock !!!But the bomb ... not even leave it now.

One no, at this point I already owe you several hundred liters, so I will be reserving a few doses of B12.

Thank you very much for your advice, I will try to follow it;)

Con_Q_de_quimica
01/11/2016 9:54 p.m.

I understand you very well, @con_q_de_quimica.I recognize in my daughter many of your girlfriend's reactions.I think that sometimes we grat them too much with the subject and we do not realize how much we get to saturate them, so delivery we are looking for ways to help them and avoid all the damage we can ... They also feel bad to see usAlways worry and pending, they know that it is because we want them, but that does not stop annoying them, because we make them more aware of how vulnerable they seem to us ... and of course we are the ones who are the closest they are always of Ell@S, so they will download all that accumulated bad bag that comments @monica_ltd against us.Then they will see us sad and feel fatal.But after all, we all do the best we can, them and us, and we all know it.Encourage and go ahead;)

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/12/2016 12:06 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.