The SS recommends that diabetics drive with closed eyes

ernesto's profile photo   09/25/2014 11:32 p.m.

If we ask in the forum what is the function of the pancreas 99% will answer that segregating the insulin and if we ask for a fast response is correct.

But we will try to see it with a little more prespective, it is clear that the Beta cells secrete insulin, peptide C and amiline, but ... how do they secrete it?

A fixed Piñon?

When the brain informs that you are eating 5 insulin units for saying an amount?

When have it spent 7 hours since the last food does the brain order to lower the insulin to the minimum and secrete glucagon?

The function of the pancreas is to measure continuously!and according to the situation to dosing the necessary insulin, or according to the amount of food in the digestive tract secreting the amiline.

That is, the function of the pancreas is to measure and dose continuously.

A diabetic does not have beta cells and has to be measured and dosing, but curiously the SS believes that a number greater than 6 strips of measurement per day should not be used and if someone claims more quantity they tell him that he does not need to be measured so much,Or even worse, that it is producing excessive expense.

In any case, if you notice hypoglycemia symptoms that take some glucose and wait until the time of the next analysis is coming or that is done at that time and then the next one is skipped.

This in the dependent insulin, in which they take oral antidiabetics, with an analysis per month already seems enough.
A diabetic does not have functional beta cells and it must be his brain who makes decisions about the amount of insulin to be injected and at what time.

But if the pancreas would continually measure it, is it logical that with 6 measurements a day there is enough information?
The SVS (the Valencian SS) had the "kindness" of sending me a document of "consensus" in which it was decided that the maximum was to facilitate 6 daily control strips as maximum:

Consensus?Among those who have reached that consensus? Among doctors and politicians? And what were the extreme points that were defended in that consensus?

Something must be taken into account that for a diabetic is too well known, but that for the population in general (and for too many doctors too) and that is that the amount of blood glucose changes in a matter of minutes both up and down.

The SS affirms that a continuous meter or the flash type is not necessary and in any case that it would be an excessive expense and ignores or does not want to look at the long -term damage that produces poor glucose control and the sensation it gives is that itsIdea is to save today and if tomorrow the expense is greater, the one that this morning that appeals with that expense.

The unnecessary suffering and disease that causes this lack of control today to diabetics (and the one that caused tomorrow) seems not to matter or want to give the idea that it is a complaint and insatiable collective.

Recently I had to explain to a non -diabetic relative because I want to have a continuous meter and because I am going to spend money on something that the SS covers.

As you have no formation I could not embark on complicated explanations so I had to use an analogy.
Let's place ourselves:

We are driving a car and we wear the eyes fixed on the road to move the steering wheel sometimes and sometimes abruptly according to the road to keep ourselves in the asphalt and not end up in a sown or worse even in a ravine.

Normally we do not carry the eyes fixed on the road without blinking, we can usually make small looks to the landscape or the indications of populations, but basically most of the time we look at the road.

Now, the SS tells me that it is not necessary to look at the road, that I must drive with my eyes closed and every minute open them for a tenth of a second, get an idea of ​​what is there and continue to last another oneendless minute.

He also tells me that if I notice that the wheels begin to vibrate in a strange way it may be that he is stomping and that the steering wheel turns to get back into the asphalt ... but not everyone has sensitivity to notice it or the roadIt can be bachelor and be impossible to notice until it is in the middle of a sown or is falling to a ravine.

The road also is not always the same, there are days that it is a quiet highway where there are no turns and there are days that the road is a demoniadSuddenly we find a 90º curve that, to continue straight, leads us directly to the ravine without prior notice.

In any case I can reopen your eyes but in return I will have to have them closed for two minutes.

Would we accept that the DGT told us that nothing happens to close our eyes for a minute while driving?

Would we accept that the DGT told us that as it is expensive to bring open eyes we close them to save to the administration the expense that we carry them open?

Do we find logical saving in exchange for destroying cars, producing injured, invalid and dead?

Would we find a consensus to which we tell us that we risk our lives in exchange for saving?

Well ... this is the situation.

Damn is a thousand times

SS recommends diabetics driving with closed eyes.

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/25/2014 11:32 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Ole ole and ole

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/26/2014 5:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my Cap there are 4 .... I had to ask the endocrine to make me a piece of paper not, to give me the ones I really need.

Bollicaoo's profile photo
Bollicaoo
09/26/2014 5:52 a.m.

Great history, it is ideal to make a person who does not have diabetes, which means controlling this disease, I loved the comparison with driving !!!

Braaavo !!!= D> = d> = d> = d> = d>

fer's profile photo
fer
09/26/2014 5:54 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I can't agree more !!But despite the good explanation, no matter how much people read this, they will never be done to the idea ... and everything will continue as it is.My endocrine has told me not to measure me so much, that with 2 or 3 strips it is worth ... that total at the end every day they are the same and the same is eaten ....

The news of Freestyle Free has been excited many days, but I'm already coming down, I see that although it is there ... I will not have it and all for some incompetent politicians.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/26/2014 6:19 a.m.

How lucky you have in Valencia 6 strips !!!

In Barcelona the maximum are 3 strips for type 1, and if you get your endocrine to ask you more, they can give you 4 as a maximum.Ah and they don't give any for type2.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/26/2014 6:39 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@mimbek why do you think you are not going to have the free meter ????Why do you say the politicians ???

DiabetesForo
09/26/2014 10:50 a.m.

They give me 3 a day, and my endocrine came to tell me that 3 right now that I have the high glycosolate, that once I have already controlled it if that once a day.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/26/2014 10:52 a.m.

BANHOP And how to control postprandial?
With 3 a day is to go authentically blindly ... I get bad to knowing that there are places and endocrine that say that ... They remind me of Dr. Mengele

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/26/2014 11:16 a.m.

When an endocrine says that a DB1 with 1 analysis a day or 3, I get the doubt of whether it is an useless, an evil or a poor man who has to feed his family and is afraid that if he leaves the ordersthat give him end in unemployment

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/26/2014 11:21 a.m.

Banhop said:
They give me 3 a day, and my endocrine came to tell me that 3 right now that I have the high glycosolate, that once I have already controlled it if that once a day.>

In which area do you live, because 1 time a day ... do not give so few in the countries of South America.

The endocrine understands me and tells me that he cannot give more because they have it stipulated like this, that the subject is very guarded and that he cannot do anything.The one that tells me that with 3 a day is enough and that if I do not get along with that it is that I do not do it well, they are usually the nurses, who have no idea of ​​diabetes or anything.

And many years ago that I spend a paste in strips (I buy half), I would be more on account to sell them to us at the same price that 12-15 euros buy them.And that they stop threatening to take them away or feel like a pedigree for spending so much public money.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/26/2014 12:53 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

We talked about type 1 diabetes or type 2?I said that it could not be, that I did not pass with that, and I had a good discussion with them until they reviewed the file and realized the error, instead of stating as type 1, they had changed me to type 2 ...fabric ... fabric ...

fer's profile photo
fer
09/26/2014 1 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is that continuous meters will change the treatment of radically diabetes.There are still many endos that do not believe the glucose variations that there may be over a day .., I did not cost me little to convince my daughter's end that, with four measures a day, we did nothing ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/26/2014 2:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Fabulous your writing, Ernesto.I hope you publish it in all the newspapers you can, you would do us a great favor.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/26/2014 2:59 p.m.

Ernesto congratulated you.The best I have read.

White's profile photo
White
09/26/2014 3:12 p.m.

The comparison is very good although I fear that you can only completely understand you a diabetic ...

Pedro37's profile photo
Pedro37
09/26/2014 3:31 p.m.

As type II I don't have any strip .... BRRRGGG !!!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
09/28/2014 8:22 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Bravo, Ernesto.I really liked your comparison of the control of our disease with the practice of driving a vehicle.

I think I'm going to keep your story on a printed paper for any ATs, it occurred to him to insinuate that I take many strips.

DiabetesForo
09/28/2014 9:06 a.m.

Well, I don't want to be more than anyone, they give me 5 boxes a month, which divided in 4 weeks goes out to 8 daily controls ... It is what my endocrine walked me since I left the hospital.

8 Daily controls x 7 days of the week are 56 controls per week X 4 weeks of the month are 224 controls.

There are days that having a good level and depending on the work effort I do not do the 8 controls, if not 6 or 7.

But today for example I have participated in half marathon and only in the race I have done 6 controls and I still have to eat, snack and dinner .... I suppose it depends on the area, the endocrine and your lack of control.I have debuted almost a year ago and I need many daily controls, it varies a lot every day and I can only have it controlled if I do 6 to 8 controls.

My days are very long ,,,,

1-On 06:00
2-after the disheveoun 07:30
3-ATTENDS OF Lunch 11:00
4-After lunch 12:30
5 Eating 14:00
6-After eating 16:00

-Suelo snack proteins and I don't get controls in the afternoon

7th dinner
8-Dening of dinner 22:30

And yet, one day I give myself some surprise and I find 300, something that as I do enough controls I correct it and stabilize it.

Press the endocrine and if not, ask them to change your doctor, so clear.

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
09/28/2014 12:44 p.m.

I also give me 5 boxes a month, I can't complain about that.I have the freedom to measure myself whenever I want and as many times as I want, and I am sure that in part I have a good glycosilada thanks to that.Luckily my endocrine is not the one that says the strips I need (if it were for it I gave me 3 a day), but is my header.In this case I am the lucky one, but I do not understand why there are so many differences between communities, it is not fair.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/28/2014 2:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.