{'en': 'Count my diabetes', 'es': 'Contar mi diabetes'} Image

Count my diabetes

laura33's profile photo   09/28/2014 4:39 p.m.

I totally share what Intruda@ says
In my case but I normalize the situation and I make the subject exceptional, I think K is to magnify the problem.
It is clear that I am the diabetics but it is a characteristic of mine that unfortunately accompanied me for the rest of my life (hopefully k no but ..)
If you are going to eat at a restaurant and you are allergic to something (questions to the waiters k carries the dish) because I puncture according to the plate K give me.Isn't it more rare to go to the bathroom just when the dish serves you?Or and if it takes a long time between dish and plate?Or did you think there would be one amount and there is another?
I suppose it is or not more introverted but I believe that adopting that attitude helped me accept my diabetes

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
08/25/2015 11:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone again
Of this post already some time ago
But your comments helped me a lot.
Anna and Intruda thanks for what you tell me, the truth is that I think that I say it shows a lot of sense and it is the attitude to take but it costs me ..
Luvi thanks to you tb for your comments, I feel understood with each one of you although then each one is different.
I have thought a lot about this and about my "scenic fear" for calling it in some way, the point is that I feel normal, I need to say that I would desire with all my strength not to have diabetes, but I honestly believe that there are many urban legends and stereotypes thatThey do not favor us, and in front of that the people who treat it normally in front of the rest of the world do us a great favor, although I am not one of those.
I started with diabetes when I was 9 years old and my family, who did it as well as I could, sometimes I think he did a skinny favor.I remember that my mother soon started referring to me as a sick man, I don't feel sick, if she fucking but does not get sick.They at that time, where many of you know that it has nothing to do with the present, they always put my diabetes as a presentation letter and I just wanted to feel normal, after all the diabetics was me and I felt a burden for having annoyed themLife to my parents.They have done it as good as they have been able and not much less my attitude of now is their responsibility that if I influence.I recognize that I feel very insecure, as if people had to feel hurt for me and I inside my thought if the one who clicks is me!
Tell you that in my family field things have changed a lot, my mother is currently insulin -dependent, I started with type II diabetes when I was pregnant with my sister, and she is the most energetic person I know.For her, diabetes is like being a red -haired, I have happened, Jiji I mean it's just a condition.Recently, the woman was musical because she could not donate blood.By this I mean that in my closest environment diabetes is there as the sun rises in the morning, with no more dramas.
What a roll I have hit you !!
Thanks for enduring the sheet :)

laura33's profile photo
laura33
08/31/2015 9:11 p.m.

I have read the whole thread, I know it is old, but I was looking for this issue for venting a little ...
With my family and friends I have not had any problems, but I have been judged by people with whom I have less confidence.

That makes when I know someone, because I do not feel like letting me that I am diabetic and sometimes it is like weird not to say it too ...

I think type 1 have the stigma that you have "bad diabetes", but to type 2 judge us because "something will have done wrong to end like this," especially in cases like mine diagnosed so young ...

To give an example, once they asked me "Have you been fat?"

I know that it is pure and hard ignorance and do not believe that I care much what others think, but when social relationships are initiated sometimes I do not know what to say "Ah by the way, I am diabetic."

anif's profile photo
anif
05/21/2022 10:39 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

I understand you, type 2 are the irresponsible that we have "good" diabetes ...
I have it clear.When it comes to mind, because they insist that you eat/you drink something and I end up saying that I cannot because I am a diabetic.Or, as I buy the sensor, because when they ask me what it is.Or as I put insulin, if I have gone on hiking and have seen me prick.That is, when it is relevant.I neither ask him nor hide it.
As in this issue there is a lot of ignorance to anyone, type 2 and insulin, and sometimes they have asked me and have been experts in diabetes ... 😂😂😂
Well, naturalness.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/21/2022 11:01 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

laura33 said:
good afternoon to all,

I introduce myself my name Laura and I am 34 years old, I am a diabetic since the age of 9.
I have read you many times but until today I had not decided to enter the forum.
Today I do it because I need to vent and I can't think of a better place to express my fears.
In relation to my diabetes I will tell you that I have it quite at bay, although as you know all not every day they are perfect and there are times when you rebel but based on many controls I am going to.
The problem that I want to tell you is based on how to tell my diabetes to another person, I put a little in a situation, I have never been announcing that I am a diabetic, my friends know it, of course also but the truth is that I lead a lifeFully normal, with that I mean that if we remove the 8-10 daily controls, my calculation of hydrates and the punctures, that I have so internalized that I already do by inertia, the rest of my life is like that of any other.I have lived alone, work, study and ultimately do what I can like the rest of the mortals.I have never liked saying good that I am diabetics for not feeling judged and that is now costing my nerves.
I have a partner for a few months and I still don't know that I am a diabetic, believe me I know that I should have said it
From the beginning but now it is done and although I am wrong I can not torture more for it.
At first we began to leave in a "eventual" way and we did not think that this would end in a relationship for what
That I didn't think about it either, then the thing was putting it would be but we had some fights and let it pass.
I have been living alone for some time and I am quite independent so I am also used to handling my diabetes alone and as I said before it is so many years that for me it is like washing my teeth I almost do without thinking, in fact I do notIt causes any trauma clicking or getting controls as many times as it bothers me is to cause pity, I must admit that I can't.
Well now we are together again and well but it torments me the idea of ​​thinking that I have not told him about
My diabetes.
He is a "ignorant" person in terms of diabetes, I do not judge it is normal I am also ignorant in thousands of things.The point is that it is one of those who believe that if a diabetic takes a candy, it falls fulminated to the ground immediately, or that there is very chunga diabetes, that is, it is mine, and the good, the II, or that the peopleIt dies because it is diabetic, I do not say that we cannot die we already know that the complications if you do not take care of yourself can be disastrous but if you control you can live as much as anyone!
This is why he has a well -known diabetic and these comments have come out through his mouth, the point is that when I decided to tell him and listened to some of this, my soul went to my feet and shut up.
I think he will feel sorry for me, or think that I have deceived him or believe that I do not take care of me because as of everything and lead a normal life.I have to say that I do a normal life and like everything, I do not fed up with cakes but if one day I feel like a dessert I add the insulin corresponding to the portions I control more after eating and ready!I eat it the same.
These ideas are driving me crazy, the situation is causing me anxiety and I have panic to tell you for fear
to your reaction.I am criticism with myself and I know that I have done it wrong but now I do not see how to do it, I look like an frightened girl and recently I think we lived together.I have to say that I want to love me and I too, but I can't help being terrified.
I am sorry to hit this roll but I needed to vent!I thank you in advance.

I think you are scratching yourself.When I had yourYears had 2 or 3 girlfriends a month, and no one told anything, only when they asked what is what you are clicking.I am diabetic, you know?, Since childhood.Some ran away, but I think it wasn't for why.So one day you tell it or move the prick show.And if you don't like how it reacts, then values.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
05/22/2022 7:15 p.m.

Cristóbal Cortés said:
laura33 said:
good afternoon everyone,

I introduce myself my name Laura and I am 34 years old, I am a diabetic since the age of 9.
I have read you many times but until today I had not decided to enter the forum.
Today I do it because I need to vent and I can't think of a better place to express my fears.
In relation to my diabetes I will tell you that I have it quite at bay, although as you know all not every day they are perfect and there are times when you rebel but based on many controls I am going to.
The problem that I want to tell you is based on how to tell my diabetes to another person, I put a little in a situation, I have never been announcing that I am a diabetic, my friends know it, of course also but the truth is that I lead a lifeFully normal, with that I mean that if we remove the 8-10 daily controls, my calculation of hydrates and the punctures, that I have so internalized that I already do by inertia, the rest of my life is like that of any other.I have lived alone, work, study and ultimately do what I can like the rest of the mortals.I have never liked saying good that I am diabetics for not feeling judged and that is now costing my nerves.
I have a partner for a few months and I still don't know that I am a diabetic, believe me I know that I should have said it
From the beginning but now it is done and although I am wrong I can not torture more for it.
At first we began to leave in a "eventual" way and we did not think that this would end in a relationship for what
That I didn't think about it either, then the thing was putting it would be but we had some fights and let it pass.
I have been living alone for some time and I am quite independent so I am also used to handling my diabetes alone and as I said before it is so many years that for me it is like washing my teeth I almost do without thinking, in fact I do notIt causes any trauma clicking or getting controls as many times as it bothers me is to cause pity, I must admit that I can't.
Well now we are together again and well but it torments me the idea of ​​thinking that I have not told him about
My diabetes.
He is a "ignorant" person in terms of diabetes, I do not judge it is normal I am also ignorant in thousands of things.The point is that it is one of those who believe that if a diabetic takes a candy, it falls fulminated to the ground immediately, or that there is very chunga diabetes, that is, it is mine, and the good, the II, or that the peopleIt dies because it is diabetic, I do not say that we cannot die we already know that the complications if you do not take care of yourself can be disastrous but if you control you can live as much as anyone!
This is why he has a well -known diabetic and these comments have come out through his mouth, the point is that when I decided to tell him and listened to some of this, my soul went to my feet and shut up.
I think he will feel sorry for me, or think that I have deceived him or believe that I do not take care of me because as of everything and lead a normal life.I have to say that I do a normal life and like everything, I do not fed up with cakes but if one day I feel like a dessert I add the insulin corresponding to the portions I control more after eating and ready!I eat it the same.
These ideas are driving me crazy, the situation is causing me anxiety and I have panic to tell you for fear
to your reaction.I am criticism with myself and I know that I have done it wrong but now I do not see how to do it, I look like an frightened girl and recently I think we lived together.I have to say that I want to love me and I too, but I can't help being terrified.
I am sorry to hit this roll but I needed to vent!I thank you in advance.

I believeThat you are scratching yourself.When I had your years I had 2 or 3 girlfriends a month, and no one told anything, only when they asked what you are clicking.I am diabetic, you know?, Since childhood.Some ran away, but I think it wasn't for why.So one day you tell it or move the prick show.And if you don't like how it reacts, then values.

Look at the post, it is a long time ago and also later he already said that he had left him with the boyfriend ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/22/2022 8:24 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Good afternoon,
The Mejos is to be natural and sincere.There is why fear that you are diabetic.You have to have personality and leave out prejudices.Many times we think things that even people think so.You are what you are and you don't have to hide from anything.Although I also understand that in Adolsestants, and children, it is not easy.Society needs a lot of education of everything.

imelda's profile photo
imelda
05/23/2022 5:10 p.m.

Hello!I know that the post is old but in case someone still happens ...

I personally did not tell my partner because I debuted when we had been coming more than a year and a half, so he lived until my time of drinking like crazy, slimming a lot, etc.And he already noticed that something happened to me.Spoiler: We have married and we are still happy together.From time to time it helps me calculate some HC if we eat outside, for him it is the most normal thing in the world to see what I take out the ball and put insulin.And between the two we have cleared doubts and knocked down myths in our environment (especially in theirs, because in my family we already have a premium diabetics, I have an aunt that has been teenager in this club and is already greater than 60.)

But for whom something begins with a new person, I suppose it can be worrying and that it is difficult to say, that there are fears ... I know that it is not usual but this is what I would do if now I had to start with a boyNew (or girl, but in principle I am hetero hehe):

Step 1 - Invite him to eat or dinner (preferably to a site that already controls HC rations, you have to be a bit pill@;))

Step 2 - While you ask and bring you dinner, you take out the ball.You leave it at the table, to see what happens.He will ask what that is.Moreover, if he does not do it or at least looks at him curious, he runs out, it is a Ciborg.

Step 3 - "Ah, my insulin boli. It is that I have diabetes and I am an insulin -dependent. Well, like you, but I calculate it and punish it from outside. You do it too, but you don't even find out."And there you briefly explain how a common pancreas works and that yours is a bit different and needs external help instead of going automatically.You teach the sensor's mobile app if you carry it and explain these basic things that you will see what you do at a dinner/food: measure, calculate hydrates, click, etc.Surely he asks you more things and you help to break down those myths that we all know that they exist "no, I do not die for eating a caramel", "no, it is not the same as that of your grandmother who takes a pill", "No, there is no good and a bad one ", etc.

Step 4 - If you see what it costs, you are looking on YouTube "Carol has diabetes".That if with that my niece understood when I was 7 years old, surely your partner too.

Step 5 - If I still don't catch it and you see that it is reacting to being with a person who is not 100% mega -many ... Well, girl, it would not be the right one.If you love me, you love me with my silly pancreas, let's go in pack.

Step 6 - If it has not yet fallen into the battle, it has won and deserves a kiss.Be careful, crazy emotions rise glycemia.But well, some exercise of the leave (wink-guy)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/23/2022 6:26 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.