{'en': 'Count my diabetes', 'es': 'Contar mi diabetes'} Image

Count my diabetes

laura33's profile photo   09/28/2014 4:39 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone,

I introduce myself my name Laura and I am 34 years old, I am a diabetic since the age of 9.

I have read you many times but until today I had not decided to enter the forum.

Today I do it because I need to vent and I can't think of a better place to express my fears.

In relation to my diabetes I will tell you that I have it quite at bay, although as you know all not every day they are perfect and there are times when you rebel but based on many controls I am going to.

The problem that I want to tell you is based on how to tell my diabetes to another person, I put a little in a situation, I have never been announcing that I am a diabetic, my friends know it, of course also but the truth is that I lead a lifeFully normal, with that I mean that if we remove the 8-10 daily controls, my calculation of hydrates and the punctures, that I have so internalized that I already do by inertia, the rest of my life is like that of any other.I have lived alone, work, study and ultimately do what I can like the rest of the mortals.I have never liked saying good that I am diabetics for not feeling judged and that is now costing my nerves.

I have a partner for a few months and I still don't know that I am a diabetic, believe me I know that I should have said it
From the beginning but now it is done and although I am wrong I can not torture more for it.

At first we began to leave in a "eventual" way and we did not think that this would end in a relationship for what
That I didn't think about it either, then the thing was putting it would be but we had some fights and let it pass.

I have been living alone for some time and I am quite independent so I am also used to handling my diabetes alone and as I said before it is so many years that for me it is like washing my teeth I almost do without thinking, in fact I do notIt causes any trauma clicking or getting controls as many times as it bothers me is to cause pity, I must admit that I can't.

Well now we are together again and well but it torments me the idea of ​​thinking that I have not told him about
My diabetes.

He is a "ignorant" person in terms of diabetes, I do not judge it is normal I am also ignorant in thousands of things.The point is that it is one of those who believe that if a diabetic takes a candy, it falls fulminated to the ground immediately, or that there is very chunga diabetes, that is, it is mine, and the good, the II, or that the peopleIt dies because it is diabetic, I do not say that we cannot die we already know that the complications if you do not take care of yourself can be disastrous but if you control you can live as much as anyone!

This is why he has a well -known diabetic and these comments have come out through his mouth, the point is that when I decided to tell him and listened to some of this, my soul went to my feet and shut up.

I think he will feel sorry for me, or think that I have deceived him or believe that I do not take care of me because as of everything and lead a normal life.I have to say that I do a normal life and like everything, I do not fed up with cakes but if one day I feel like a dessert I add the insulin corresponding to the portions I control more after eating and ready!I eat it the same.

These ideas are driving me crazy, the situation is causing me anxiety and I have panic to tell you for fear
to your reaction.I am criticism with myself and I know that I have done it wrong but now I do not see how to do it, I look like an frightened girl and recently I think we lived together.I have to say that I want to love me and I too, but I can't help being terrified.

I am sorry to hit this roll but I needed to vent!

I thank you in advance.

laura33's profile photo
laura33
09/28/2014 4:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Don't carefully ... Tell it naturally.Of course, being a trusted person, it would have been more normal to do it before but each one says things when he can or feel prepared.Surely he puts herself in your place, and does not give so much importance to the fact that you have waited so much to tell him.On the idea of ​​diabetes, it has no better example than you to explain it little by little.Cheer up!!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/28/2014 5:02 p.m.

Laura, tell you how you feel it.If you love you, it will help you, and you will not see it so tremendous, since you see that you make a normal life.And little by little you are informing him of the action of insulin and hydrates, and all that.
Sometimes these things help to meet people and how they face the difficulties of life.And it is good to meet him on time.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/28/2014 5:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I carry how you or a little less than years with diabetes.I mean that I am also 34 years old and from the 13 that I am diabetic. I have lived many things such as a good suid rise at 16 with a diabetic coma or a tuberculosis of working in the construction of old houses to all that I have always survived.I live with my own family with a wonderful woman a very pretty daughter and a son on the way. What I mean that if he really loves you that this does not have to be a problem for both and more with your years of experienceIn this disease.
I would tell him because when time passes later it will be.
You will see how everything will come out.cheer up!!!!!!

P.S.sorry for spelling but did not give me many studies hahahahaha.

biwel's profile photo
biwel
09/28/2014 5:25 p.m.

Thank you very much for your comments, you really don't imagine how they help me.I know that although you are not in the same situation you can put yourself in my skin and believe me that you read me very reassures me.
It is clear that I have to tell it and overcome this fear, that I think I have it so present that I am magnifying it.As you say I hope I can understand and not judge me.With what you tell me you help me to throw the value that I am missing right now so I can only thank you!
Will have you

laura33's profile photo
laura33
09/28/2014 6:01 p.m.

I understand you perfectly Laura since I am the same as you, I am not telling it there and less to someone I just met, I also did not tell my partner at the beginning, first like you, because I am not telling it happilyAnd I didn't know what was going to last in that and 2 because I wanted him to see that he was first a girl and then a girl with a disease and not that when thinking about me, the first thing that came to his head was "diabetes" because as you say well, people do not know how the disease is really, are those of "you click and ready" like the one who takes an aspirin and the headache and the tremendists who "like a caramel you die" are already going "or you are not going toBeing able to have children so I first knew me, as I am and that I could lead a more or less normal life.
Already when the thing became more serious, we began to schedule weekends together and others ... Well, I had no choice ... so one day I calmly sat on the couch, I took out my insulin and glu -ometer case andI taught him, he stared and told him, do you know what this is?He stared at me and said: Do you click ??Are you diabetics?Well, you eat the desserts when we are going to dinner ... I say yes, and the first dishes and everything else, the diabetics can eat everything ... we have to click and control the sugar but we can, then I took the glucometer and said MiraDo you want to see it?And he nodded, then I asked him if he wanted him to do it to him and said yes.
After a while I asked him, and ... what do you think and told me, the one who ???And I with the pictures, like what, what I just told you ... And I replied good I have astigmatism .. I say now but it is not the same and it began to laugh already if he began to ask me howI punctured me and between what values ​​I had to be ... but with all the naturalness of the world.
I imagine that day he went home ruminating him but accepted it well.
Laura, if you love you, will love you with and without diabetes, that is clear.
Then I once said, are you putting the needle while looking at myself?That saw him as something more normal and not as some weird bugs ...
You'll see how you accept it well.
Come, encourage and bull ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/28/2014 6:08 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Gala I loved reading your experience thanks for sharing it and especially thanks for the spirits.I have to tell you that it seems to me by reading your story that you did very well, when you considered that you should and naturally.That is what I think I should do, what gives me the most is that in the case of my partner I think it is of the "tremendistas" but I also think that as you tell me if you want to accept me with it ..

laura33's profile photo
laura33
09/28/2014 6:57 p.m.

The first time I was with a boy I was 17 years old and I didn't tell him anything ... we were kids and I thought he would run ... we spent a month, I liked it a lot and in the end we left him ... and I felt aHe relieved me stressed Mogollón the issue of not having told him about diabetes .... couldn't stop thinking about that ... I followed the relationship that I had was in plan hello I am XXX and I have diabetes, how are you?It was not so, but come on the same day or the next ... and it is my current partner and we have a beautiful baby and another on the way ... the one who took it worse was my mother -in -law ... but thatIt is another issue ... Luckily my husband has always defended me ... and my mother -inIt is no problem ... it is what has the ignorance of things!

tica's profile photo
tica
09/30/2014 4:07 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I understand you perfectly because I am the same as you: my diabetes is my thing and it is not something that tells anyone, I need to have a lot of confidence with someone to talk about it.I suppose that if I had a couple, I would do it exactly the same as you, I would not say anything to the first change but, after a while, I would consider telling it.I just disagree with you in one thing, why does that fear of your reaction? Isn't it the person you want and the one who loves you? ... one thing is ignorance, that we have all had it untilWe have debuted, and another who takes it badly.When you tell you, you will have to explain many things but, if you are a normal person, you will not take it badly.And, if he does, send him to take for the C +++ or, someone like that does not deserve to be taken seriously.Forgive my rudeness, but I want to make it clear that insolidary behavior is not at all acceptable.

You will tell us what happened when you told it, I bet you will still love you the same or more ;-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/30/2014 5:46 p.m.

Good night,
I also think that if I had told him, I am Laura and I have diabetes I would not have these head comedies right now, thinking about it is a presentation this is what there is and if you do not like by by :), I'm gladIt would go well and also with a child and another on the way, you are a champion!I love children but it gives me a yuyu to think about how I would carry diabetes with a pregnancy, I admire you who are mothers and I TB I hope to put on it someday (if I don't pass my rice :)
I am used to diabetes to be mine, to handle it, I also suppose that taking time living alone and taking care of myself sometimes makes me create too self -sufficient .. Although we all need help at a given time, on the other hand I hateMay people feel sorry for me because I do not consider myself a poor thing, obviously I would prefer not to have diabetes but it is what there is.It is not that I have encountered many reactions of that type but I do not announce the truth either.
Sorry forgiveness is your rudeness, I was reading you and I have entered a rush of self -esteem, you are right as all those who have commented and I promise you that you are encouraging me a lot.That does not mean that I do not feel guilty for not having told him, but I think that if he wants me he will accept it.
Of course I will keep you informed, my head is thinking how to say it as naturally as possible.

laura33's profile photo
laura33
10/01/2014 7:07 p.m.

Well, nothing, when you eat together, you tell him that you are going to put the insulin, and already tá!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/01/2014 8:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Good night,
For all the good advice you have given me and I encourage me to tell you this.
No, in the end I have not told him because he has not needed, this same night he has left me saying that I was not in love with me, and in the end I think that the intuitions are there for something .. today I am very sad but leftoversI know that this is not a sentimental office, we each have enough with ours.Even so, you were the people who distinguish me and I am very grateful to you, really so I wanted to tell you the story ... Nothing of many worst happens we have left!

laura33's profile photo
laura33
10/04/2014 11:55 p.m.

Laura, do not worry, because it was not worth it. Someone who really loves you and who gives you all confidence will come, then you will not have any problem to counteract everything that worries you, because it will come out alone.
A lot of encouragement, which will appear when you least wait for it,
A hug!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/05/2014 7:47 a.m.

You will find who loves you and who understands you and, if not, we are all here for what you need.A hug.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/05/2014 9:34 a.m.

Laura's much mood!I do not have a partner now but the same thing happens to you and I don't know how to face that moment to "tell my diabetes" to new friendships or relationships.But you see, you don't have to give so many laps or so much importance to how to tell it because the most important thing is that if you love you and care, it doesn't matter how you say it.I am sure you will find someone who will give you the security and confidence to explain anything.A hug

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
10/05/2014 9:41 a.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Laurita33, to give him, do not lose time to turn him around, that he sure did not deserve.And nothing that one nail takes another nail and men there are more than soap pills as I say, and while the ideal appears, life, which already comes to us with curves with it with it complicate more.A kiss

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/05/2014 2:38 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thank you very much for your comments and support, I am a bit repetitive but really that thanks

laura33's profile photo
laura33
10/06/2014 7:26 a.m.

I do not know when this post is ... but in part of what you say I feel identified with you, as to the fear of saying that I am diabetic and they are hurting me, they see it as a weak point and that they judge me for all thisThe only ones who know about my diabetes are the ones who really suffer with me .. My family, or friends, no co -workers, you will have to see an incoherence on my part, but diabetes is some of mine that I must control and not that II control and therefore I have to keep in mind at all times, that I cannot allow a mismatch or imprudence to affect me.With regard to couples, I was also not counting first and seeing how the thing was going, I also frightened the fear of rejection, but the time came to say it.

The moral of this is that you do not have that fear, I do not say that you say it as a letter of recommendation but either that you leave it as if you were a mutant or you will become something like me, without friendships or couple, just accompany my diabetes andThat will not leave me until death.Greetings and many spirits.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/23/2015 8:36 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I have never hidden it, when I have stayed to eat for example, I have done what I had to do, they have asked, I have answered and ready.Diabetes is part of me, or they love us two or none, there is no more.
I also have to say that I have never rejected me for this issue in any field, neither personal nor work and I suppose that has never hidden it.I prefer that the people around me know how I am more afraid of something happens to me and nobody knows that it happens to rejection.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/25/2015 2:18 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Each person is in a way and then is (out of what is the family and friendships) where you proceed, I think it is not the same, for example in my case that debuts with 12 years, that diabetes by peopleThere was no knowledge (today continues to happen) than in a place where the population is greater and more people with diabetes.I believe that all those things then influence, which is for a wrong way, because yes, I am a living image of it.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/25/2015 10:24 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.