{'en': 'Does anyone click insulin in a not recommended place?', 'es': '¿Alguien se pincha la insulina en lugar no recomendado?'} Image

Does anyone click insulin in a not recommended place?

pochola's profile photo   02/24/2015 5:37 p.m.

Well it seems like a rare question, or maybe someone has ever happened to someone.

I have always been told that the insulin leg, gut, arms or in the culete, because I have tried to ask my endocrine both public and private to see if I could prick my high chest.

I explain my high zone between the shoulder and clavicle.Let's say that under the neck on the left and right.

I find it very simple to inject there and I notice much better since then.

I have been injecting there for about three weeks too, I turn it with the other sites, it will be psychological or I don't know, the case is that I am afraid that I have some contraindication, but all the reasons I find to prick in the other areas is the absorption speed.

Does anyone know this?

Will it be dangerous to inject there?

It is that the endocrine do not give me a coherent explanation, only that "it does not put it in the books."

Thank you!

pochola's profile photo
pochola
02/24/2015 5:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Hi Pochola!I believe that if it is not a recommended area it is because it has little subcutaneous cell tissue and therefore more risk of intramuscular injection or in some glass, modifying the absorption speed and with risk of hypoglycemia, and having other extensive areas where to rotate ..., But if you can take "good pinch" and it seems comfortable, not painful and with good results I don't think it's a bad idea.

beti's profile photo
beti
02/24/2015 7:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @beti, thanks for answering, the case is that I have tried and I am wonderful, nothing of hypos or I notice anything weird, just like if I click elsewhere.Tomorrow I have review and I will tell you

pochola's profile photo
pochola
02/25/2015 11:52 a.m.

When he debuts, 27 years ago the recommended areas was like the whole body except the face ... to see if I find the drawing that was funny.For example, the endocrine insisted to my parents to prick me in my back that did not hurt ... in the shoulder blade ... suddenly those recommended areas were drastically reduced.8 years ago they had the.

tica's profile photo
tica
02/25/2015 10:47 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I remember the back of the back!My mother how it hurt there ...

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
02/26/2015 11:26 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

Well, conclusion, less bad that you are here for what is needed but ... Mother Mias! The first thing thank you for throwing a cable that I know that sometimes, my doubts are rare-chorras ..: D I was todayTo the audience, the glyc from 5.1 to 6.2 has upbooks ... that has no fat .. (but if I have no fat or hair) =)) in short, foolish face, and keep it like this.My conclusion, that seeing your comments I am going to click there with total tranquility, that the bread with butter, the cookies, the chocolate, the potato omelet and the nachos of the Mercadona, that since Christmas I have been putting on a tita... and of course he had climbed 4 kilos, so he was very happy but not based on having 240 cholesterol .. I will leave those things for the weekend, and to return to the semi-diet .. of healthier food.Thanks @Beti, @ica @aryi

pochola's profile photo
pochola
02/26/2015 8:22 p.m.

Well I've been clicking on the "Marras" area for a while and everything in order = D>

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/21/2015 7:37 p.m.

@pochola com you have managed to lower cholesterol?, I also have it a little high and I will have to do something!#-either

fer's profile photo
fer
07/22/2015 7:36 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Pochola of those 240 have told you how much is HDL cholesterol and how much LDL?I say it because I have a total cholesterol of 223 but of course I have 115 of the good cholesterol so the endocrine that did not take into account the asterisk of high value in the total cholesterol.

@fer If cholesterol does not fall with diet and exercise maybe your doctor should prescribe you statins

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/22/2015 8:13 p.m.

@fer @inday I had the cholesterol already high before being diagnosed, even until 260 and following the diabetes, I started eating very healthy (not little, and using a million tricks, because I love the kitchen and eat more..: D, and of course all this at the beginning was a stick).At three years of day D, he had 160 cholesterol (and high HDL and low LDL) with that type of food and walking 3 times a day.

What I commented in the previous post, was that this winter I relaxed with the food issue because I wanted to rise some weight, I climbed 4 kg but that cost me a cholesterol of 240 and the hem from 5.1 to 6.2 and the endocrineAll great: -o
That's why I returned to the same habits I had when I started taking care of myself.And now I have everything ok again.And of course the endocrine everything seems fabulous,:-@

I love the theme nutrition, I am a bit geek in that area, I work in the health sector and I had a master's degree in nutrition and dietary and with all this that happened I started finishing the nutrition career too, which I only have one course..I look for each recipe and try to look for healthy combinations for us but are tasty.I bought an expressed pot that cooks in 10 min chicken, 5 vegetables, that does not lose water, and I have a tupper that cooks in the steamed micro in 5 minutes that helps me do everything.Vegetable and vegetable abuse, fish and meats and combined with slow hydrates.But as desserts or ice cream equally.(Of course those that seem more appropriate)

For example: French chicken wings, I have found two variants.I make them 75 % to the micro and then in a pan with a little oil and sprinkle with whatever you want (with garlic powder, curry ..) They remain like authentic fries.I have made friends and have not noticed.Or you put them in a bag of the mercadona of baking, with paprika, Provencal herbs, salt, pepper, a little white wine and come out like the barbecue! And very healthy.I do the potato tortilla in the Tupper of Lekue, potato and onion and then doro it with a little oil in the pan, mix with the egg and back like normal, the result, the same, the people do notrealizes.So I do everything I look around and at home they like even more of the things.(Well this paragraph maybe you have to move to eat healthy)

@fer, if eating healthy (not sadly) and doing sports (which is not going to kill you to the gym, but I think that what is doing well is that I am constant, a long time, three times a day), noCholesterol decreases, so it is true that you should consider perhaps taking a 10 mg simvastatin to avoid possible future scares.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/24/2015 10:41 a.m.

pochola said:
@fer, if eating healthy (not sadly) and doing sports (which is not going to kill you to the gym, but that I believe that what is doing well is that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am that I am thatConstant, a long time, three times a day), cholesterol does not diminish, so it is true that you should consider perhaps taking a 10 mg simvastatin to avoid possible future scares.

I saw him about 6 months with my endocrine, he did not give importance, he says that I am very good about the good, to see in the next analytics, if it goes wrong again, I will apply !!!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
07/24/2015 3:15 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Pochola I agree with you, you can eat healthy, rich and without too many simple carbohydrates, the only thing is that it requires a little creativity.
I am interested in what you have of Tupper to steamed in the micro because I think I spent too much time cooking and I would like to simplify my life a little more.Where have you learned all those truquillos?Do you know about some fast and simple recipe website that is okay?

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/24/2015 7:25 p.m.

The recipes for the tupper also interest me, that I just bought, there is some page in which recipes for the tapper come?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/24/2015 7:54 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala Where do you sell the tupper that?My husband goes to Spain in a month and maybe I charge him to bring it to me.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/24/2015 8:10 p.m.

In the English Court I have bought it.There are several sizes, I have bought the large plane with the liquid to fall.There are deep that are for recipes with sauces or soups.
It is silicone

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/24/2015 8:50 p.m.

Thanks @gala!I will tell you to pass through the English Court :-)

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/24/2015 9:04 p.m.

@Inday you don't have to wait.They sell it on their own Lekue or Amazon page.In Lekue now they were very good price with some reduction.@Gala about the recipes, investigating why I adore cooking (as well as eating hehehe) and less the first year I was downturn, and I didn't stepped on the kitchen ... I had a while since I resumed it with desire.I look for the possible return, with not many carbohydrates and quality (legumes, potato and vegetables what most of pasta or rice but as a garnish) and then meats and fish.And I always have to find it very fast because I have little time.I continue to investigate with the tupper and manage to take a pan of potatoes, eggs, prawns and glues.Delicious (my 3 -year -old daughter said .. hahaha), for them more potatoes and for my more glasses: D

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/27/2015 6:46 p.m.

By the way I recommend that you buy the size 3-4 people and there is even one that no matter how little it comes with a book.I have no book, and if you like the kitchen it is very intuitive.Pasta can be made (you put it in the tupper with the water the min of the package and list) and then the accompaniment also in the tupper and do not touch the kitchen (that interests me even more;))

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/27/2015 6:47 p.m.

@pochola but with the tupper flat can you make pasta?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/27/2015 6:54 p.m.

Thanks @pochola!I just bought the 3-4 people who come with Amazon book.I will tell you to see how I am doing with him :-).

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/27/2015 7:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.