{'en': 'My lack of control of diabetes', 'es': 'Mi descontrol de la diabetes'} Image

My lack of control of diabetes

afrifeernandz's profile photo   01/24/2016 10:29 a.m.

Hello, my name is Africa and I am almost 17 years old, I have diabetes since the 10-11 years, approximately 5 years ago, and this has been a great change for me.

At first I learned to take her well, since my parents controlled me more than anything because I was little ... but when I entered at the age of 14 I began to have an incredible lack of control.

Also because of me, since it stung what I wanted and the sugar climbed to the clouds, or put me too much insulin and gave me down ... but I have always had it higher than normal.

There are times that I have had it controlled but I think that most of the time I have been with diabetes, and now I have a fear.

I am in a situation in which I have a lot of stress and they usually give me many anxiety attacks because of this, since as much as I try, I cannot get a good sugar control, although the truth is the truth of these months I am taking it much better,since I am getting seriously.

But they have taken myopia, and lately I do not see practically well, and informing me and that now I am afraid that as a result of these years in which I have not had the controlled sugar now something is going to happen to my eyes and it is something that does notLeave me or sleep ...

I feel very alone in this and well that's why I am here, to see if there are people who have happened the same as me or that I give me a advice to prevent my view from going to the chasco.

Thank you so much!

afrifeernandz's profile photo
afrifeernandz
01/24/2016 10:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!!!Look in my case, I started with 18 years the diabetes and large lack of controls come with hormonal changes ... I had an unplanned pregnancy, that I do not get to a good term and that was what I control the diabetes very well.I went to a background and told me that I had problems in the right eye and now I am with Laser.A friend of mine because of bad control lost her left eye.I advise you to make you an eye fund and that an endocrine helps you and if you can put the insulin pump.All the best

mariamarquez's profile photo
mariamarquez
01/24/2016 11:42 a.m.

What insulins do you use?You have to have a good diabetological education and a good medical aquipo that helps you. Now a new insulin has come out, which may do well, because it lasts more DW 24 hours.
For myopia, nothing will happen to you.And you are in time to carry good monitoring and control.
Ask what you want and inform yourself mjucho to be well controlled
Welcome to the forum.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2016 1:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@afrifeernandz welcome the first of all, here you have a place to let off steam and tell what you want, because the one that most or the least, we all know what it is to live with diabetes.

First of all encourage you, because you have been a long time, and you have a long time ahead to live with a better control, so get from today and start taking care of yourself.That is the basic and main to not have problems of loss of vision or other complications after time.

As @regina tells you, look for information where they take you, to explain to you again everything if necessary, complete recycling.Ask for help and comment that happens to you, that you want to improve control and especially if you have stress and anxiety, if you can, nothing helps!

Here in the forum we can always listen to you and take a hand in everything we can, but you will have to do it for yourself, so forward and do not feel alone, we are many!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/24/2016 2:02 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Mariamarquez yes, I will have to go to some optics and look at me before it's too late, but I am afraid that they tell me that I have something serious or that I will lose my vision ... That's why I let it go and notI insist my mother, but I will have to face it and go, since I also see how flies, black spots, I have learned to live with them but better to look at it, thanks for the advice !!

afrifeernandz
01/24/2016 4:59 p.m.

@regina Hi!Well, I use the novorapid and Lantus, when I go to the endocrine I will comment to see, I did not know, Alomejor recommends that and I do better!I hope that nothing happens to me .. my negativism is not going for more haha, thank you a greeting :)

afrifeernandz
01/24/2016 5:03 p.m.

Africa It is best to go to the hospital that they make you a background of eyes and you will see that it is not so much and that you recover soon.If you need laser it is not bad and they help you that it does not use more.

mariamarquez
01/24/2016 5:06 p.m.

@Gemater Hello !!Yes, I should encourage me, since I sink thinking that I don't know how to control myself and that I will endAnxiety of thinking about something terrible.I will go to my endocrine, since I am not going for a few months because the last appointment of the lost and I have already let it pass, I will also go to an optic and see if I have something, and if, since these days I am starting to try to have it better, eat well and tomorrow I sign up for the gym .. What happens that what has done me today to look for diabetes online is the one that even puts me to try to seriously control, I have eaten what I should with its corresponding units and I have theI had more than 200, and I have come bass .. but less bad that I have found this forum to vent and see that I am not alone and there are people like me, I take away the fear and that anxiety a little.I will share more things here and more doubts, and I will tell you.Thank you so much!!:) :)

afrifeernandz
01/24/2016 5:09 p.m.

Maybe you need to raise the lantus or change the schedule.If you start going up in the afternoon, you can get better put it in the morning.Tell the endocrine and ask for the new insulin.Another option is to put the insulin pump.They help you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2016 6:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Do not worry at that ages the body is very resistant and recovers quickly from the damage of the high sugar.

Myopia has nothing to do with diabetes and those spots that you see are surely by myopia itself.If you want to carry a very good control and be calm look at a continuous glucose meter.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/24/2016 7:33 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 I relieve me that you tell me that!Thank you very much, I will inform myself and maybe I put one :)

afrifeernandz
01/24/2016 7:36 p.m.

Hello!!!!Woman do not let him approach as soon as you can the oculist and to look at you if you need.Here you have us for what you need.The sooner they look at you better because everything has an arrangement if you leave it because you can complicate a little more but you will also see it.
Much encouragement and here you have us for whatever you want.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/24/2016 7:53 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Africa, for your age and the time you have been with diabetes, it is practically impossible to have affected you to the retina.Myopia has anyone, you don't need to be diabetic.Of all forms, it is essential that you go to the ophthalmologist, not to the optician, that although it can detect retinal lesions, it has no cooking to assess them.If you had a heart disease, it would not occur to you to go to a pharmacist A by advice.In fact, if you have doubts about the type of insulin you should put on, questions to the endocrine, not that of the pharmacy.The background examination, in the absence of retinal complications, should be done, at most, every 2 years

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
01/24/2016 10:31 p.m.

@Oftalmologo hello, they are new sensations, sensations that scare me, and perhaps it is my fault for exaggerating it too much, but it will be the best, I will go to an ophthalmologist as soon as I can and see how such, and see when it touches me appointment with the endocrine.Thanks for giving me that information !!:)

afrifeernandz
01/24/2016 11:27 p.m.

@jconegar If, the best will be to get everything as soon as possible, and if I have nothing much better, I relieve me a lot that I have here people to share when things are complicated with glucose, and I will also be here for reads !!Thank you very much for the spirits !!

afrifeernandz
01/24/2016 11:29 p.m.

A lot of animals !!!You have to be very strong, you have to adapt to what I play.:)

mariamarquez
01/24/2016 11:34 p.m.

Thank you so much!!!I will count @mariamarquez

afrifeernandz
01/25/2016 12:03 a.m.

Much encouragement, I was diagnosed with 17 Imagine the lack of control the first years ...You will be quieter.One of the symptoms of my debut was blurred view, which was arranged by regulating insulin, therefore you see blurry does not mean that you have a problem!
I encourage, luck and always positive!

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
01/25/2016 9:13 a.m.

@lemurdiabetico I will go to get much quieter, I hope to improve, thank you very much!:)

afrifeernandz
01/25/2016 12:36 p.m.

@Mariamarquez wanted to ask you a question, how do I lose your friend?That is, did you lose sight of another, or did you know that I had a problem?And did you feel symptoms or something in that eye?

afrifeernandz
02/01/2016 6:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.