{'en': 'How many insulin units do you prick?', 'es': 'Cuantas unidades de insulina os pinchais?'} Image

How many insulin units do you prick?

afafita2's profile photo   11/08/2014 2:20 p.m.

Hello!

I wanted to know how many units you click to compare a little, I am new in this, but I imagine that each person is different.

I am Type 1 diabetic, and I punctuate the fast with the three meals 6U-8U-8U- and the slow in the morning 24U.

And another question, clicking a lot of insulin does other damage to you?Is it bad?

Thank you so much.

afafita2's profile photo
afafita2
11/08/2014 2:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Because that is almost my daughter's pattern. Look my signature.
The amount of insulin varies for each person. The adequate dose is the one that maintains good control, and sometimes it has to vary it to adjust it to the glycemia.
Greetings!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/08/2014 7:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

30 slowly in the morning and vary Joves from meals.In general 2 or 4 fast.As they say, the valid amount is what controls your glycemia.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/12/2014 8:25 a.m.

Hello AFAFITA2 !!I carry with diabetes 3 years ago and it varies the thing, now I put 20 slowly at night and 5-10-9 more or less is that it is according to what you eat, I started with honeymoon and put me very little,And little by little I have been adjusting it.
Greetings!!

Leonorh's profile photo
Leonorh
11/17/2014 7:20 a.m.

Hello!
I take from the 80s with diabetes (do not imagine so old, that I see you) and I put 18 of Lantus at night, 5 at breakfast, 8 at food and 5 at Humalog's dinner.All this compensates with a minimum hour of exercise 4 days a week.

The need for insulin varies by many factors, I notice that in summer I need less insulin than in winter.

Sarita83's profile photo
Sarita83
11/17/2014 2:46 p.m.

I get 20 slowly at night and 5 at breakfast, 8 at food and 5 at dinner.It all depends on what you eat.

lauramontero79's profile photo
lauramontero79
11/28/2014 1:54 p.m.

I use Lantus at night, 24 units, and the rapid according to what, but as a general guideline is 8-10-8 (breakfast-cena).

fer's profile photo
fer
11/28/2014 6:23 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What is the difference between traditional insulin and what they call analog insulin, is the latter effective

jefe552003's profile photo
jefe552003
12/18/2014 9:35 p.m.

The difference is that it is faster, it acts before, it starts at 15 minutes and it also ends before, it has an action of 2 hours and at 4 it is over

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/18/2014 10:44 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I 10 from Basal and about 15 divided in Bolus.With breastfeeding he needed less.During the last month of pregnancy 160 units days ... you have to adapt to each moment

tica's profile photo
tica
12/22/2014 1:40 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I have debuted for 3 years and I am with 8 of Lantus only, and quickly one timely day that as rice, pasta .. or more than the account.I exercise every day to compensate .. and the reservation, because it is exhausted little by little.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
12/22/2014 4:44 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

It depends on what you eat, on the time of day and honeymoon.
I get a 3 in the morning and 6 at night, the fast according to coma, the usual 3 breakfast, 1 lunch, 2 food, nothing in snack and go for a walk and 2 dinner.
Before I did not get quickly if I was not above 140 at meals but since the endo has dropped to me from 160 to 120 when it started eating and that with the free I see my curve ... well that ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/31/2016 10:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I debut 4 years ago, usually when debuts put a diet with a certain amount of hydrates at each meal, so you can learn them, and based on that they put some more or less fixed doses of insulin.When you have been doing this for a while, you will know if the doses they recommended are correct or you have to upload them or lower them.That is to say if you eat 40 grams of bread will have approx 20gr of carbohydrates, for me for example the dose for every 2 portions of hydrates that it is like a fast insulin unit, and as here they tell you for each body is different, so you have to make an error with insulin eating the same amounts of carbohydrates in each meal, for example, 40gr breakfcome to you.At first it seems complicated but you immediately take the trick.Greetings and luck.

kerensammolina's profile photo
kerensammolina
05/31/2016 12:29 p.m.

Diabetes Mellitus Tipo 1
Debut a los 19 años
Tresiba y Humalog

Well, I cannot contribute much more than what has been said here, I can only point out that not always 2+2 = 4, the amount of insulin goes in relation to how your body assimilates, what you eat, the exercise you do and your daily routine.Not every day doing, eating and putting the same insulin you will be the same, there are factors that vary our glycemia without apparent explanation.One day an exercise goes up and another the same exercise goes down.In my case I have just released the insulin Tresiba, 25 units in the afternoon, quickly I continue with my dear Humalog with 12-8-4, but of course they are orientative, since as life I only have my work and the sport in which there aredays I do tomorrow and afternoon, or double in the afternoon, etc. so it is a continuous correction with insulin and food.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/31/2016 1:16 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Does anyone get 44 units of Lantus?My mother goes up according to the doctor, but she already puts 44 of Lantus in the morning and wakes up with 190 yet.It also gets quickly before the food.

debra's profile photo
debra
02/26/2018 8:14 p.m.

Yes it does not get fast, the dose of Lantus is larger.The duration of Lantus can be extended a bit if it is increasing, but it does not always reach 24 hours. The new insulins, such as Toujeo, are of longer duration.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/26/2018 10:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I put 24 insulin units NPH (intermediate action) in the morning, an hour before breakfast and 3 units at night, at dinner time.Once a day takes Januvia (Sitagliptin).

He is almost always as a clock, it is lowered as soon as he delayed with meals or eats something with low glycemic index.Dawn in ranges of 76-110 on an empty stomach.

Ange's profile photo
Ange
08/11/2018 6:23 a.m.

Good, I put 9 of threeiba at 10pm and then by general rule 2-2-1-3 of Novorapid, varying at food or dinner 1 more unit depending on the hydrates I consume, my last Hemo was 5.8.
Greetings 😉

Conchi's profile photo
Conchi
04/20/2019 5:39 p.m.

I get 10 slow at 11 p.m.

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
04/26/2019 10:17 p.m.

Excuse the Santa83 question that in summer uses less insulin than in winter, why do I use less? I ask later I live in Venezuela and here there is no winter when it rains very often from times we call it winter sometimes in November or December lowThe temperature at 18 and we are frozen because we normally state in 24 ° or 26 ° this year we have been in 30 ° and is unbearable.Thanks for your attending my question, thanks Alfredo from Venezuela.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
06/19/2019 10:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.