Eating when they give downskins ...

vandorta's profile photo   04/14/2015 9 p.m.

And that I have been reading that you wait for you to get off less than 50. I was waited at 70, it has dropped to 41, I have taken 1 cans of Fanta, I kept trembling later, it has risen me to 90, butI was still as evil, more than 15 minutes ago.And I'm dusty.

I will never pay attention to what people say, each diabetes is different.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/18/2015 12:37 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa, I have always been told that a glycemia below 50 is a serious hypoglycemia, I think it is better not to expect so much above all if you have downstream symptoms.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/18/2015 12:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, with 70 I take only half -juice brick (of the clear 250ml) and then one or 2 cookies depending on what I stay with Lantus or Humalog.I put the Dexcom alarm in 75
In the hospi the endo until I was not below 55 I did not let them give me anything and I thought I would die

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/18/2015 12:55 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Inday said:
sherpa, I have always been told that a blood glucose below 50 is a serious hypoglycemia, I think it is better not to wait for it to go down so much especially if you have downstanding symptoms.

I tell you, I don't know why I have listened to you, I have spent hours trembling trying to sleep and that was already well sugar, in the end I ended up getting out of bed.

gala said:
Well with 70 I take only half juice ...
It is what I usually half can if I was 70 and a whole can if I was 50 or 60. And what I do again.

gala said:
in hospi el endo until it was not below 55 did not let them give me anything and I thought I would die

Well but that is normal, doctors are like that.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/18/2015 4:18 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I do it like that, it is my endo's pattern!I have it that way tmb in the makina ... If k is true k you are xof ... I see each ender has criteria.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/18/2015 12:33 p.m.

As Gala says

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/18/2015 12:37 p.m.

UF, I understand that in the hospital they wanted you to go down more to notice the symptoms of a hiccup.In my debut, I spent a week at the hospital, and they already told me that they would not discharge me until I had a sugar downturn, so I suppose they went up the insulin to provoke it, and so it was.Sometimes I feel rare at 60, but others when I am walking or by bike up to 40 I do not notice, in those cases juice in sight (it is that I cocacola I do not like it).But if I look at me without having symptoms for example at the 2 hours to eat and click and I am 70, I already start eating something, especially if I know that before eating I was higher, I will continue to go down, and also ifI'm going to walk, I will spend more energy.I carry some bicentury bars in my bag that are 12 gr, so when I am on 70 like a bar that I know it will take longer to climb than a juice, but since I am not very low, it is enough to endure to endureto the snack or dinner.But yes, I confirm that I would also eat a horse at a nocturnal hypo hehe, especially if it were chocolate or coated with nobe hehe

valky's profile photo
valky
04/19/2015 8:21 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

My mother, less than 50?That is a barbarity !!If at less than 70 it is already hypoglycemia you have to re -rise because with those values ​​the organs already suffer !!One thing that they have always told me is that I do not get used to the body to the hypos because then the problems arrive.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
04/22/2015 10:39 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

If you are too fair, sensitivity to hypos is lost and it is dangerous.
Better to be in hemo of 6 Q of 5.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/23/2015 1:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

sherpa41 said:
fer said:
sherpa41 said:
sherpa41 said:
... me when low of 70 I'm already trembling.

How much are you usually average?, It happens to me that when I have some higher days than usual, to which I am "normal" again, the body reacts as if I had glucose drops ... but it is not true... I understand that it is because of the contrast, and that we need an adaptation time.

On average I am fine, 120 told me the glucomenlx although the freecode that scores higher gives me about 140.
But 60 is not considered down or what happens?Do you now leave me with doubt?Interestingly I am 67 now and I feel a bit weird but not trembling.

Do you wait to be 40 to take the sugar or what do you do?

They recently regulated this measure, it is not considered hypo below 70 but 60. With respect to hypos, I usually use a glucose gel for athletes.They climb right away and maintain a lot.They usually climb about 50 and do not have a rebound effect like Coca Cola or a juice.

With regard to the sensation of hip, I must say that it is the body itself that warns according to what we have on average in previous days.I explain myself.If you are between 70-120 on average, as it goes down 80, you will have that sensation.Now if you have a few rare days and the average is above 150, you will have the same sensation around 100. Greetings.

Mandril88's profile photo
Mandril88
04/23/2015 9:24 a.m.

What I usually review is the following, how many hours have passed since I click the fast insulin?,

We know that they have a radius of action of about three hours, so if the sugar drop you are having at the time, you better take something liquid, with sugar content that would be digested quickly.If I have the descent at two or three hours after the puncture, I may opt for something more solid.

Yes!If I know that I always have to eat a certain amount there I do not pass, however bad I feel.I know that at 10 or 15 minutes I will start feeling much better.

All the best!

koyadovic's profile photo
koyadovic
06/03/2015 2:06 p.m.

Have you tried the 15?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/03/2015 5:20 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

koyadovic said:
what I usually check is the following, how many hours have passed since I click the fast insulin?What if the sugar descent are having at the time, you better take something liquid, with sugar content that would be digested quickly.If I have the descent at two or three hours after the puncture, I may opt for something more solid.

If you have a loss of sugar and clear symptoms you have to take some liquid with sugar to overcome it as soon as possible.Another thing is whether you are close or if you don't have symptoms that may be that the glucometer marks more.

But the less time the body is suffering the better hypo.So leave solids that also hits more comeback.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/03/2015 5:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.