Type 1 diabetes with recently debuted son:--(((((

aranzazuleg's profile photo   04/16/2015 11:30 a.m.

Hello, I am a diabetic from the age of 12, until there is more or less normal, I was pregnant and everything was perfect, my son was born well, I wear a hemoglobins of 5.5 during pregnancy, all good.

But this Christmas my son took the flu, like a lot of more children, together with a gastroenteritis, and from there we assume that it began.

And now I have a child of 18 months with insulin bomb , I still don't believe it, it is supposed to have the same options as another and if you have more PQ, it has not appeared more?It would be more bearable.I am depressed, because it makes me sorry for being so small ..... that I already give you the dedication so that you measure glycemia ... well not to stop crying for this you have to live it. It is not the same to be diabetics than being the diabetic mother.

Well the thing is that I don't know if there are many people with this problem, not since their mother is diabetic, that this is the least, in fact thanks to that we know better how things are going on issues of food and portions, But I would like to know if there are people with diabetic babies .

Greetings to all and thanks for reading me.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
04/16/2015 11:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My son debuted with 2 and a half years and is hard, so I imagine what you are happening.My husband like you, diabetic from the 3 and a half ........ At first I could not bear the idea, guilt ... but time passes and you see that it is no anyone's fault.For you it is more Duronpor that you know what you have left, but for your child it is a luck inooooooore all the things you have learned.Until your little reason and understand is difficult, I know.But this is what has touched us and we have to make them big.My son has been insufflon and we are doing well.Much encouragement

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/16/2015 11:48 a.m.

Thanks for the spirits, I more than blame (I don't think it's guilty of this) I feel tired before starting as who says, because he has so much, and we have so much ... I suppose the boy will see him normal,He has not known anything else, but I already loaded with mine for so much and now load with him, he surpasses me.

There is some group for my son to get relationships with children just like him?

aranzazuleg
04/16/2015 11:52 a.m.

Ayyy Aranzazuleg, what a shame to read you, seems to me that it is more frequent than it seems that children of db mothers debut.My 27 -month -old baby has been with somewhat high glycemia for a month.Yesterday I was 122, it is not for running but I already have preferred appointment for the endocrine and they will start looking at him well.One day he had 170 3 hours after eating, he returned to the heart ... I never drops from 100 ... I hope everything is left in a scare, but I understand what you are happening.Think that who better than you to attend to him ... but tb we know better that no one is what this disease is.A very strong kiss!

tica's profile photo
tica
04/16/2015 11:53 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

What I recommend is a continuous meter.I wish they would have told me before.Last year he was infernal, blindly, with many hypos ..... I have tried the freestyle and now I am testing the Dexcom.It is an aid, although difficult not to obsess.But when the child does not know if this habit is a support, especially in those nights .....

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/16/2015 11:53 a.m.

Habit no..jajaja ... short.I am a disaster in these media

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/16/2015 11:54 a.m.

Hello girls!I am type 1 tmb diabetics I have a 9 -month -old baby.
I would like to tell me how it was the debut of your children, I have been exhausted and the pediatrician accuses me of hysterical.My baby DSD 1 month ago I drink water like a madman, with an anxiety .... has had cadres of superiorly virical gastroenteritis not all with a fever
I measure a acetone in urine ... smelled so much k was sung!Positivissimo (but normal ... but ingests ...)

Total k for not clicking on the acetone in Orinade time in time when they are healthy.(negative).
Your pediatricians made control glycems?
If you have a diabetic, I assume it but I would like to avoid abrupt debut.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/16/2015 1:58 p.m.

My pediatrician takes importance ... that if he debuts he will already do it ....: -S

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/16/2015 2:02 p.m.

I do glycemias and my son does not complain, in fact he gives me the dedication and then sucks him like me ... sometimes he puts the strip and clicks me.They are a cute and knows how to adapt to everything.

tica's profile photo
tica
04/16/2015 3:11 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

You were ZGZ, right?At least when I debut there were camps and coexistence, but for older ones ...

tica's profile photo
tica
04/16/2015 3:20 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Aranzazuleg. I have type 1 diabetes and my daughter has debuted with 9 years to pass the chickenpox. Iimagino how you feel.If you get from baby like you.I have felt surpassed with its diabetes and mine, and there are days that gets worse and others better.In diabetic associations there are many activities for children, camps, ... luck and a very strong hug, and a lot of encouragement.

beti's profile photo
beti
04/16/2015 7 p.m.

Jobar ...
Reading this thread, it seems that "the probabilities are not much superior" is a Chinese story.
Much encouragement to all.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/16/2015 7:18 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

What a vaccine penalty!
The comfort is that children who must now know much better treatments than their mothers.
Courage, it is true that it is much worse than the diabetes has a child, it suffers a lot. But they go ahead and the satisfaction is very large ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/16/2015 10:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And this will have a great help: you!
Cheer up!
With love of the entire Whats App Group!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/16/2015 10:51 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Tica saddes me a lot to read you about what happens to your baby.I hope from a heart that is nothing!Keep us informed.Nina45 (a friend)

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/16/2015 10:59 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Your best that nobody to know how this life is ... encourage!And here we are for whatever!I encourage you if you want to enter our Washap group ... we are to support you in whatever ... and whoever wants ... there are many media ... and they are all few to take it as well as possible.

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/16/2015 11:05 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Aranzazu I know you are exhausted and you just started.I want to tell you something that I don't know if it will comfort you.My husband at the beginning of so small has no memories of his life without his diabetes.It is something that is part of him and is so integrated in his life that he does not exhaust him.Of course he would like not serious, but I believe that at the beginning so soon he has no comparing and does not feel that theft of freedom that we feel we have met with this later.It comforts me to think that this will happen to my son.I carry it badly because learning to live if when I did not live with the clock in my hand is difficult (for not counting how everything else has been).But I see that it will not be so.Of course, these years of childhood are hard for him, but he will not remember.I don't know if I explain.I know what you suffer but think about what I tell you because it will be so.You will see it

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/17/2015 8:43 a.m.

Anna no T Agobies.I did nothing to my children.If you have to arrive.The probability is very very.It can play, but not you worry before.It cannot be avoided even if you do.Although I understand you

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/17/2015 9:04 a.m.

Thank you all !!:-)

I am from Zaragoza and I have gone to camps, of course this is for over 9 years, let's show me old photos of the camps in the hospital and there I was !!On the one hand I am happy for me "Pipa" but on the other hand ...

As you always say looking at the clock and now so small does not understand that you can't eat when you want, thankfully those rice dietary cakes like them, if not .....

I tb the little finger, he is funny, hehehe ... and tb gives me his finger, he passes from the bomb and yesterday we changed the catheter and so well.He does not make a mention of removing it, nor bothers him.

I suppose it is as you tell me, that he will have even more assumed that I will not have known anything else, but it hurts a lot, that I thought that my son would never be sick, that if that is impossible, but that the first "Catarro "develops the disease, is that it kills me.And I see it sleeping with the bomb and kills me.

I am still waiting for me to tell me that it is a joke, that they have been wrong ..... or wake up from the nightmare .....

What has changed my life in a week .....

aranzazuleg
04/17/2015 10:20 a.m.

I feel the same as you.I can't stand it.Tell him now not when he doesn't understand, or now if he has a hiccup and does not want to eat .... what do you cry when he cries .... I understand you in everything.You have a year to assume and see it in another way, and take this that is happening to you and not see it as a nightmare.That happens, you'll see it.But the fight is from the first moment and you have to be strong for him.And you will be, believe me, although you will have days of everything.When you see that it is happy despite everything will help you a lot.He will give you energy.And you will be his accomplice in everything, as is my husband with my son.Do not hesitate............ but I identify totally with you

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/17/2015 11:11 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.