{'en': 'Vitamin D in diabetes', 'es': 'Vitamina D en la Diabetes'} Image

Vitamin D in diabetes

Docas's profile photo   01/26/2016 5:53 p.m.

Good afternoon,

In a my last analysis, quite low vitamin D values ​​have appeared, which have to do with bone density.Because of this, the endocrine has sent me blisters of this vitamin until the little sun arrives and, with the help of it, restores normal values.

The endocrine blames him for the sun to give me little.But according to Leo, diabetics can be more prone to this lack of vitamin D and possible fractures, which was not very informed but that you can see in the following article:

Link

Does anyone have any experience related to this topic?

All the best
:) & GT;-

Docas's profile photo
Docas
01/26/2016 5:53 p.m.

27 años. 17 años dulce.

I have taken the hydroferol blisters twice when the endocride sees me a bit low of vitamin D ....

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/26/2016 5:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

docas said:
good afternoon,
In a my last analysis, quite low vitamin D values ​​have appeared, which have to do with bone density.

Does it come out as vitamin D or do you have another name in the analysis?Because I just looked at the last one that I hize and I don't see any of that.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/26/2016 7:46 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Within the "bone metabolism" section it appears as 25-hydroxy vitamin D. It may not appear because you have it in adequate values, I think it has never appeared written in the analysis so far.

Docas's profile photo
Docas
01/26/2016 8:08 p.m.

27 años. 17 años dulce.

I have been with them for several years, according to the endocrine I have to take one every 15 days except in months of sun

In the reports of my analysis, it appears as 25-Oh vitaminad and the reference values ​​are the following:

Deficiency: less than 10 ng/ml
Insufficiency: 10-30
Sufficiency: 30,01-100
Toxicity: higher than 100

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/26/2016 8:40 p.m.

@docas, my daughter also has to supplement vitamin D because she has it low frequently.There is some relationship between this vitamin, diabetes and other autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/26/2016 9:36 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

In the last of December I have taken an insufficient, "suspended", I was 23 but it has not told me to take anything ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/26/2016 10:01 p.m.

Let's see, there are not enough studies that ensure their effect 100% but, usually, vitamin D deficiency is associated with the greatest insulin resistance.Saving distances, we are facing cases such as chromium or vitamin B7, which help or participate in some way in the carrier degradation process, glucagon or insulin release.Even so, the results applicable to our day to day are not so conclusive as to take all this as a head supplement.But like everything, there are studies for everything.

What if I dare to say that vitamin D, in general, you can get it in the balanced diet and you would not need supplements.In addition to the fact that the body usually manufactures it, although in less quantity and, although we are losing as our age progresses, sunbathing is an excellent way to add it to our body.I am more in favor of not taking supplements if it is not strictly necessary.

pike's profile photo
pike
03/30/2016 6:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

I take a blister a month during every month of the year, except in summer.This was prescribed by the endocrine.In the last analytics I got 41.30 ng/ml, which is within the range.Thus I stay well in this aspect.In the analytics it comes under the name of 25 Hidroxi Calciferol.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
03/30/2016 8:19 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

@Docas I was also low from vitamin D when I started with diabetes and endocrine prescribed the same blisters.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/30/2016 11:44 p.m.

I have a vit D deficit for a year.I take 15 drops of vit d2 (is called Raquiferol) once x week.That sent me my doctor.And he told me that it is very common in diabetes.
I had two fractures in two years.

Maruchita's profile photo
Maruchita
03/31/2016 12:10 a.m.

I have been in which m wares all over all hands, arms and knees.The pain of the hands had already occurred to me.They had never looked at the vitamin D and I have taken a 11 :(. Something similar happened? And another asked the lack of this vitamin affects the hair? Thank you.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/06/2016 9:08 p.m.

My two children who have HLA diabetes risk factors.They have prescribed vitamin D for the rest of his life.It seems that there is a relationship with low quantities of vitamin D and development of autoimmune diseases.Most debuts occur in little suns

tica's profile photo
tica
05/07/2016 11:34 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I think I have been in the absence of vitamin D for years, why has anyone ever told me about this?:(

Anaisabel
05/07/2016 2:01 p.m.

@Anaisabel your endocrine in the evolutionary of your analytics I had to ask for vitamin D, the next visit you know ..
The pain throughout the body does not have to be vitamin D, for example the change this winter to spring with more pollen, the southern wind etc, etc. leaves me many days to drag so do not worry that they canbe a thousand things, even early and even work ..: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/07/2016 4:09 p.m.

What are the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency?My endo never told me about this and in the analyzes I never saw anything they name

Andresito's profile photo
Andresito
05/07/2016 4:18 p.m.

I have read that lack of vitamin D can cause inflammation in the joints, which is what is especially in my hands.Today I have two unused fingers, the knees are very hurt when I move them, the arms do not, but I have been moving them for a few days.
A doctor of emergency spoke to which I had to go because I couldn't move me from vitamin D.He names it to the header and M said he did not believe it was the vit d and voila, if it was.I'm waiting for other analysis and see ...
@sigsauer, as I am I can't work I have been on a week.
@Andresito, I have looked online and there is so much information that it is not clear to me.

Anaisabel
05/07/2016 9:52 p.m.

@Anaisabel Joder thought it was milder, if you are low it is because you are screwed, courage and recover strength !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/07/2016 10:15 p.m.

Well, I had a long time that I was quite bad, with generalized joint and muscular pain that arose just after passing the covid and in an analytics that the rheumatologist sent me, the vitamin D has come out for the soils (12,90) thatApparently your stable deficiency with all the symptoms that I have, in a couple of days I have consultation and I suppose that a supplement will prescribe me but the truth is that I am quite bad, with continuous pain in some places and punctual pain in others andgenerally quite tired and off ...

I also read, and also block with what happened that although there is no data to affirm it, vitamin D deficiency is related to spend the covid worse, and my wife and daughter had a great time and I pass it a lot, but a lotworse....

I carry a streak that I fall out of everything ... :(

Edit-Veo that I have refloated a 2016 message, I'm sorry, I did not look at the dates but it was what came out in the search engine on the subject.

Websquirtle's profile photo
Websquirtle
04/19/2022 3:46 p.m.

In the June analytics I had it in 7, every year lower.They sent me more months to supplement.Before they only sent me a pill.And now that you say it many times I noticed numbness of hands, pain, bad mood ... tiredness.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
04/19/2022 4:05 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.