{'en': 'Andalusia Triathlon 2015 starts', 'es': 'Arranca el Diabetes Triatlón Andalucía 2015'} Image

Andalusia Triathlon 2015 starts

fer's profile photo   06/19/2015 3:21 p.m.

The Spanish Association for Sports with Diabetes and the Team One team, organize for the first time, under the direction of Fernando Herrera Atienza the first Diabetes Triathlon Tour Andalucía.It will feature the sponsorship of Janssen and Lifescan (Jhonson & Amp laboratory; Jhonson) and Diabalance (Pascual and Esteve Group).The southern brands and Archa Max will be responsible for equipping the participants.

Triathlon Diabetes Tour Andalucía 2015 is a project that has been able to gesture thanks to the intervention of Fernando Herrera Atienza (professional in sports and athlete sciences with type 1 diabetes for 18 years), head of it, who has been able to take toThe practice an idea that had been hovering for several years by the head.

The First Triathlon Diabetes Andalucía will take place between days 18 and 25 next July.The peculiarity of this tour is that for 8 consecutive days, a group of between 9 athletes with type 1 diabetes, will perform a sprint triathlon in each of the Andalusian provinces (some by relays according to their discipline and others in a complete way), withthe purpose of sending the message that diabetes should not limit us when we propose different sports challenges, but with a

Good control of the disease and good preparation, we can deal with everything we set out, marking our limits and not the disease, having to constitute physical activity a fundamental part of its treatment.

For this reason, the character of this test is fundamentally educational, in terms of type 1 diabetes, it will be a non -competitive sporting event, taking advantage of the fact that some of the routes with camps for children with diabetes for diabetes coincide for diabetesThat participating athletes intervene in group therapeutic education courses for children with diabetes that will be carried out in the cities of Seville, Córdoba and Granada, on July 19, 22 and 25 respectively.

Given the recent Constitution of the Spanish Association for Sports with Diabetes and the Team One team (test organizers), the few economic resources that they have today, and that the main objective pursued with this project isConsulting a correct diabetological education, participation in this event has been limited to only 9 athletes on which a distance will be carried out by health professionals through telemedicine systems, they themselves will carry a rigorous control of their glucose levels before,During and after each of the physical tests they face, after the tests perform at different points a series of talks and workshops in which they will present their experience to manage diabetes and sport in a healthy way, trying to reach mainly to theminors in order for sport to become a fundamental part of its treatment.

These 9 athletes are all of them amateur, because as we have already indicated the main object of this project is to show the diabetic community that sport is fundamental in good disease control, and it is important to include it among our daily routines, soThat, what better to prove it that people on foot who do not dedicate themselves to this professionally, but that in which the sport is present in their day to day.

Givefrom which an investigation into the agency's response will be carried out before efforts made continuously and as an impact on theDiabetes control, and thus disseminate within the scientific community, with real data, our own experience.Continuous monitoring of the entire project will be carried out by a media professional Coin the object of concluding this educational work through a didactic and descriptive video of all the strategies used by the participants in the test.

Fernando Herrera Atienza has personally responsible for designing the project and other preparations, given their professional experience in the sports field, with the help of several sports clubs of each of the localities where the different routes will take place, which have beenturned fully into this project and have given us many facilities.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/19/2015 3:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

If you are not a professional athlete but you wantrisk and risk ...?

What would you have to do if I want to be part of this group of athletic people with diabetes? ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/20/2015 10:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Roar, to register in Team One you don't need to be an amateur athlete.Not even participating in sports competitions.Team One is an initiative that seeks the promotion of sport as a fundamental part in the treatment of diabetes.I am a member of the team from the beginning and I have never presented any test.
As for your question, we have a forum and a page on Facebook where we help people about sports issues, but if you want continuous advice, you would need a personal coach who must manage it in your city.But eat it in the forum.

If you want to join us, do it in this link:
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/20/2015 11:06 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I am in the team in Endomondo.I thought that was already being in the team (although I see that it has no activity).

I have seen the page that Jedi indicates and I have also noticed that the forum does not work, instead the Facebook page is more active.

I will see the issue of joining the team and perhaps activating/opening a Facebook account to follow Team One (I don't like Facebook, but you will have to make an exception, hehehe) Is the partner carries any fee or obligation or something like this?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/20/2015 12:48 p.m.

Thank you very much for the information :-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/23/2015 2:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.