I'm going to study Europe for 1 year, what to do with insulin?

perlacp18's profile photo   06/23/2015 1:14 p.m.

Hello.Recently I have been awarded a scholarship to study in Europe for 1 year and I am very worried about the issue of insulin.Does anyone know what could do in this case?I have thought about taking the medication of one year from my country but I am not very sure that the Barajas airport authorities allow me to enter that amount of medications.Any advice or help would be very useful.

perlacp18's profile photo
perlacp18
06/23/2015 1:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Since what country would you travel and what country do you go? Would you be all year in the country of destination?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/23/2015 1:19 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Wow, how brave !!I would not dare .... please tell us how everything is doing.

I would worry more about the strips of measuring your finger than for insulin, insulin is European and you can buy it on all places, it.

Anyway your family can make you shipping by Seur, for example.

I don't worry about the airport, they would not requisition insulin, but I would take me for 3 months of everything and then from your home that they are making you shipping.

What country are you going to?

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/25/2015 11:33 a.m.

@Perlacp18 I think that if you can best be carried the insulin and rest of the material (strips, needles, lancetas ...) from home.Talk to your doctor to see if you can make recipes for 1 year and incidentally, that you make a letter explaining that you are diabetics, that you will be out a year and that you need all that material.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/25/2015 7:22 p.m.

Hello, I also studied abroad (in France and Germany) and I live in Germany.I have never had any problems.Take the maximum strips and insulin you can, but in reality as soon as you are in the destination country they must attend and provide you with the necessary medication.Everything works through the European health card.The expense you generate in the country of destination will be charged for the social security of the country of destination to the Spanish Social Security.The exception is whether in Spain you are covered by a private mutual.In that case I would inform me.

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
06/28/2015 10:29 p.m.

I really go from the Dominican Republic and I don't know if they would give me the European health card since it would be a foreigner.

perlacp18's profile photo
perlacp18
09/12/2015 3:42 p.m.

Talk to your doctor, see what solution gives you.What country are you going to?
I would take everything ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/12/2015 8:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

But if you go with a scholarship, you have to be covered with insurance.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/12/2015 8:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The scholarship should have a travel insurance.But for security I would also request the European health card, it will give you an extra security since you will have the same health rights as the citizens of the country where you are going to be.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.