9 hours without eating, tips please

Artorias's profile photo   06/23/2015 5:28 p.m.

Well, for a very exceptional circumstance in my work, one day of this week I will have to work from 7 in the afternoon at 4 at night, in a row and surely without pauses to eat.Possibly I can escape to the bathroom ever.

Normally what I do is escape to the bathroom every two hours and eat a cereal bar.But with so many hours ahead I don't know if it will be enough to do this.
I had thought about using the sustained glucose gel of Diabalance, what do you think?

By the way, I always put the lantus at 23:00, I think that day I will not be able to put it ... What do I do, I put it when I leave at 4 at night, or I no longer put it untilThe next day and regulate the quick glucose?

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/23/2015 5:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Arotorias I believe that if you have dinner before entering to work (about 6-6: 30) you can keep good until 4 in the morning almost without eating.Especially because since you are not going to put the lantus at 23:00 the last hours will almost not be insulin and the risk of hypoglycemia should be relatively low.

I have not used the diabalance gel but the cereal bars are going well for me to endure several hours without eating because apart from sugars they usually have nuts that are slowly absorbed.

With the Lantus, what I would do is put 75% of the usual dose when leaving work and then, the normal dose at 23:00 at night.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/23/2015 7:05 p.m.

Others of course, I had not occurred to simply getting less Lantus when leaving work.

Thank you very much for your advice!

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/23/2015 7:15 p.m.

In your case I would not separate myself from my glucosport tablets and a can of Coca Cola.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/23/2015 10:08 p.m.

Yes, from my quick effect glucose gel ever I never separate.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/23/2015 11:47 p.m.

The best thing would be that you do not work but you can carry a coca-cool or some drink of that kind

LxDazy's profile photo
LxDazy
06/24/2015 7:35 a.m.

In the end it was everything perfect, with a cereal bar every two hours, and when I got home I put on 15 of Lantus, compared to the 22 or I usually put in.The next day I was fine.

By the way, when I got home I thought I was going to have glucose through the clouds, and I had only 150. It dislodged me a little since it was supposed to have virtually no insulin in the body.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/29/2015 1:23 p.m.

The body is like that sometimes;)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/29/2015 2:06 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

It is that it is consumed more I believe.And if your work is very physical ....

rafach's profile photo
rafach
06/30/2015 7:06 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.