{'en': 'Gestational diabetes: high glucose measurement after breakfast', 'es': 'Diabetes gestacional: medicion de glucosa alta despues del desayuno'} Image

Gestational diabetes: high glucose measurement after breakfast

DaniSol3's profile photo   06/26/2015 4:04 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I tell you that I am pregnant, studying 30 and two weeks ago they detected gestational diabetes.

At the moment I am only following a diet, with which I come very well in my measurements, except after breakfast.

They make me measure glucose before breakfast, lunch and dinner and 1 and 1/2 hs after these meals.

My problem is that always after breakfast the values ​​give me high, the limit does not always pass but I am quite close.

My reference measurements are: before meals, I should give me as maximum 6 and 1 and 1/2 hours later as maximum 8
My numbers after breakfast vary between 7.4 and 9

Generally my breakfast is: coffee with milk (0.5% fat) with 1 toast of black bread and philadelphia light or 2 toast of whole wheat flour (of the brand that the dietitian recommends me)

Someone who can recommend a healthier breakfast than this to lower sugar levels?

Thank you!

DaniSol3's profile photo
DaniSol3
06/26/2015 4:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Danisol3 usually in the morning is when you have more insulin resistance, so the values ​​of after breakfast are more difficult to control.From what I see your breakfast is not bad, maybe you can try add more protein (a cooked egg for example) and to eat only a toast of whole wheat bread.You can also try to replace coffee with milk with tea.To me the milk rises a lot in the morning ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/26/2015 8:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.