My wife has debuted 3 days ago, I don't know anything about this world :-(

Dirkan's profile photo   06/29/2015 1:46 p.m.

Hello, everyone.

Last Friday my wife had her "debut" (when I hear the word almost seemed ironic).Type 1 diabetes with family history.The truth is that this world was (and is still) totally unknown to me, they have not yet given the glucometer or the strips, we have to go to the greeting center this afternoon to tell how the subject is going.

As I tell you, we do not know practically anything, we are somewhat scared/overwhelmed, especially because of the theme of food, what can eat and what not, how strict schedules will be, etc.

For now I am studying a little on the subject, knowing what all this is going on and how to face it in the best possible way, to try not to turn it into a trauma.

Anyway, I just wanted to greet, I will begin to read the threads of the forum to thoroughly study the New World that opens before us.

Thank you all for participating telling your experiences, they serve as a lot to the newcomers.

All the best.

Dirkan's profile photo
Dirkan
06/29/2015 1:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The first thing, a lot of encouragement.It will not be a normal life, but with effort it can be a bearable and happy life.

I would study this website, you can mark a before and after in a person's knowledge about the disease: Link

Check an eye to this recent thread, with a similar situation: Link

And finally, many of us hate the term "debut" and avoid using it, it seems that they are laughing at us.
Saying "has been diagnosed" is better.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/29/2015 1:58 p.m.

As Altorias says, my daughter with thirteen years was diagnosed last day 5, I don't like the word "debut."It is being difficult, with many fears ... but this forum is helping us a lot.And Dirkan, surely we will be able to do it !!!!For what they say we can !!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/29/2015 3:18 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I encourage Dirkan, when they diagnose us (or diagnose a relative) it seems that the world falls on us.

I will remember that moment all my life.Little by little you will see that it is not so much, and that reading and reading, and studying and studying, you will better master the subject

Knowing is power

You have come to the right place to learn and consult all the doubts that are presented to you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/29/2015 5:53 p.m.

Welcome @dirkan is normal to be lost at the beginning, ask everything you want us to try to help you what we can.

On the issue of schedules, because today's insulins the truth is that they offer enough flexibility.I do not always like at the same time and I have ever skipped a meal (rarely since I always want to eat) :)).On the food, once the diet controls by portions and knows how much insulin you have to put can eat everything.The website that has happened to you is great, take an eye when you have time.

I totally agree with you about the term "debut."

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/29/2015 8:22 p.m.

Hi Dirkan, welcome.

I totally agree with everything my classmates have told you, at first everything becomes a world and little by little you begin to control the situation.Ask all the doubts you have.

Where are you from?

Much encouragement!

Cristina1975Madrid's profile photo
Cristina1975Madrid
06/29/2015 8:28 p.m.

The first day, week, month ... it is hard ... but little by little you can see more than illness and every day it will be a motivation to improve controls.Little by little ... give him time, a lot of love, pampering, ears that listen to her and arms and shoulders who burn her.Many animos to both !!!!

Vetaes's profile photo
Vetaes
06/29/2015 9:38 p.m.

how old are you?

Look in 4 months you will take diabetes to the heart, you will see how everything will be easy and you will return to your normal life, the only thing that now in your bag will take the fast pen.

You can eat everything, the only thing to know how much insulin has to put on, that's what carbohydrate equivalence are for carbohydrate.

Quiet that it is a great disease, do not die of diabetes if not with diabetes my endocrine told me a few months ago, it is a disease with treatment.

do you have children?If you do not have, TB can have them, only that it is a risk pregnancy and you go to the doctor every month.Otherwise it takes normal.

In addition there are now sugar things in all supermarkets, you have ice cream at the Mercadona, nougat at Christmas anywhere, sugarless drinks in the bars .....
All this will seem nonsense, but when I became a diabetic it was an odyssey to find a Cocacola Light, and the English court sold everything.

Cheer up!!That you just need time to get used to it.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/30/2015 11:25 a.m.

I encourage that the world does not end, the important thing not to get depressed and think that of this if you take care of yourself and you love yourself
You don't die for yourself.
With a good treatment a diet and the advice of all the wakes of the forum you will take you super well.
Above and continue fighting

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/13/2015 9:09 p.m.

Apóyla Dirkan a lot.I am in my fifth week since the diagnosis and I swear that it has not been a tear, among other things, have not left for my head, because they have not left me.Neither my friends, nor my family, nor my partner have allowed me a discouragement or a downturn.If I didn't have them by my side, I would still be crying.Listen to it a lot, even if it seems that in your lives there is nothing other than diabetes.It is part of the process.And please, be very heavy with your endocrine and your educator.Very heavy.You never stay with a question, no matter how silly it seems.Much encouragement !!

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
07/13/2015 10:06 p.m.

Well, welcome to the forum.

You are all at first, the unknown not pleasure and more if it is a chronic disease.

If my advice serves you, pay attention to doctors and people who know this, document them.

Diabetes at the end is discipline.

Where are you from?

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
07/13/2015 11:35 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

Many mood. I am a wife of a magnificent man with diabetes and mother of a 2 -year -old boy with diabetes. It is complicated and difficult at first but then everything takes. That if everything will be planned and nothing will be left to chance in the day to the dayday.With love affection and patience everything surpasses. A hug and animos

adina's profile photo
adina
07/14/2015 3:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.