My 6 -year -old son with diabetes 4 months ago

silp's profile photo   04/27/2015 3:50 a.m.

Hello!Only 4 months ago the debut of my 6 -year -old baby and I do not stop reading the possible long -term complications or reading people who suffer from them and the world comes down.Luckily the values ​​of him are good but terror chases me every day :( thanks for being.

silp's profile photo
silp
04/27/2015 3:50 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Slip, complications is a reality, but not everyone suffers or knows that it will happen in the future ... debut with 3 years and I am 30, that is 27 years of evolution and no complication.The other day, while waiting for the diabetes material, a 60 -year -old lady, she had debuted with 21, she told me that she had been evolving and healthier than an apple for about 45 years!
The endocrine told me, that it is not known very well because, there are people who do not affect diabetes too much ... while it is in correct or close values ​​to the correct ones, do not overwhelm you too much, that is not worth it!

tica's profile photo
tica
04/27/2015 6:44 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Do not worry, those complications are very long and with high or very high levels.That is, levels above 180-200.To make it easier for you, take it easy and try that it is not above those levels a long time.You will see with the glycia if you get along.First of all, measure yourself a lot, it is the only thing that can be done.

In case it serves you, I explain how I do it to have glycos of 5.5.When I get up, on an empty stomach, I measure me to know if I have to correct the basal.The important thing is to be at levels that are (on an empty stomach) over 80 and that do not exceed 120. If I am above these levels, the basal one must be uploaded and continue measuring in later days to see if the correction is effective.I measure me before meals, always.If I am below 130, I usually click after eating.It is a mistake to click before, because you never know how much you are going to eat, if you are going to sit badly or if you are an unforeseen and you have the insulin acting without having eaten what was supposed to eat.If, like rice, pasta or something with hamburger or pizza fat, I usually prick up to 20-25 minutes later, since these types of meals usually slow down digestion, and if you don't walk with an eye, hypo the song.After each meal, about 2 and a half hours (attention, normally the effect of fast insulin is usually 3 hours, but I personally do not think the effect lasts so much, so I measure half an hour before) I measure me.If I am above 150, I correct, if I am below that level I do not correct.Important is when you go to sleep. The ideal is to leave after dinner and have spent a prudential time (2 and a half hours) measure.Sometimes it will have to wake him up to measure him.With being in ranges between 100-140 it is great.While I say these ranges because the basal usually corrects me a bit.The basal skewed it at night.Take it as a reference and try to make your routine.The rest comes alone.Greetings

Mandril88's profile photo
Mandril88
04/27/2015 9:22 a.m.

Do not worry about possible complications, that usually happens after many years.And if in 2030 or 2040 there is no cure for diabetes, it is that civilization has disappeared.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/27/2015 11:18 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Thanks for your words!Mandril, the fat man has an average per day about 120/130 depending on how much he plays or does.Luckily you hardly have hypoglycemia and at the 2 hours of eating what I measure and apply 1/2 unit if you are for 200. I measure it about 8/9 times per day and put insulin as I need it.Of course I do that alone because the endocrinologist did not tell me as well as correct if he is going to sleep with 200, but I do it and vigil.I don't want you to have more 200 all night.And as is.I'm going to concentrate on day to day.Thanks guys

silp's profile photo
silp
04/27/2015 3:23 p.m.

Silp,

Type 1 diabetes treatment has improved a lot in the last years (and continues to improve).With insulin analogs, pumps and continuous meters your child will be able to bring good control and a happy life.The statistics are there and the complications can occur, but it is also true that many of these statistics take into account people who have been evolving and unfortunately the treatment of 20 years ago are not those of today.As it is demonstrated that with good control the chances of complications are reduced and if they arrive, they are delayed in time.So, I think it is best to focus on good control of the disease so as not to buy more lottery tickets for the dreaded complications and the rest as Tica says, it is not worth overwhelming.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/27/2015 6:30 p.m.

My daughter debuted with 5 years, now has 26 and no complication of course, hemo was always below 6.5.
As Sherpa tells you, if in 20 years there is no solution, it is that civilization has disappeared.
Focus on daily control and everything will do well.A hug.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2015 12:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

: x

silp's profile photo
silp
04/28/2015 3:40 a.m.

Hello,
It seems to me that you are doing very well and that with that plan, your child probably never has complications or late a lot to have them.I am 38 years old and 35 of diabetes and I don't have any.Imagine, they diagnosed me in 1980 and I spent a few years with pork insulin and without glucometer.
If I were you, I would investigate a Dexcom with him.I use it, and thanks to that I have an A1C hemoglobin of 5.7.Thus, the "experiments" are much safer and now, with remote monitoring, you can also control it when it is in school.Good luck and still in touch.In this forum you learn a lot.

elen's profile photo
elen
05/01/2015 10:16 p.m.

Complications are void if you carry good hemoglobins, and today with glucometers and insulins it is very "easy" to control.
But it was before we were with pork syringes and insulins as Elen says.

Do not worry, those with complications are carefree people, that there are, there are people who do not control or what either what is click, carrying more or less good levels nothing happens.In other words, you don't keep 300 glycemia in a long season, nothing happened.

Of course, your child is not immune to the rest of the diseases, the ligaments can be broken or picked up, diabetes accompanies him will not harm him.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/05/2015 11:11 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.