{'en': 'Drug that reduces glycosylated hemoglobin (Xultophy)', 'es': 'Fármaco que reduce la hemoglobina glicosilada (Xultophy)'} Image

Drug that reduces glycosylated hemoglobin (Xultophy)

fer's profile photo   06/30/2015 11:07 a.m.

Adults with type 2 diabetes treated with Xultophy ® (Ideglira), a combination of swallowing insulin and liraglutidblood in the previous three months), a reduction in body weight and a lower rate of hypoglycemia compared to patients treated with insulin glargine, according to a new study in phase 3b.

The results of this study, called Dual ™ V, have been presented in the recent 75th edition of the annual scientific sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) in Boston.This is a 26-week trial that compared the effectiveness and safety of Xultophy® against insulin Glargina, both administered next to metformin, in patients with un controlled type 2 diabetes with glargine (20-50 units per day) .1

At 26 weeks, patients selected randomly for treatment with Xultophy ® achieved a statistically significant reduction in HBA1C of 1.8% compared to reference levels (8.4% to 6.6%) compared to comparisonA 1.1% reduction (8.2% to 7.1%) achieved by patients who increased their dose of insulin glargine (P&T 0.001) .1 in the group treated with Xultophy ®, 72% of patientsThey achieved an HBA1C of & LT; 7% at the end of the trial compared to 47% of the members of the Glargina Insulin Treated Group (p˂0.001) .1 In addition, 39% of patients treated with Xultophy ® achieved an HBA1C of& lt; 7% without hypoglycemia or weight gain compared to 12% of glargine treaties (P&T 0.001) .1

"These results show that Ideglira could have a positive impact on patients who are not controlled in their current treatment with basal insulin," said Professor John Bus, of the North Carolina University of Carolina University.Patients treated with IDGLIRA achieved an average HBA1C at the end of the 6.6%study, while experiencing a reduction in their weight and a significantly lower number of hypoglycemia episodes than patients to whom higher doses of insulin were administeredGlargina ”.

The confirmed hypoglycemia rate was 57% lower with Xultophy ® with respect to insulin glargine (2.23 episodes per patient per year versus 5.05; P&T 0.001) .1 There was also a significant difference of 3.2 kg in the changeof the body weight between the treatment groups (P&T 0.001): the weight was reduced 1.4 kg from the reference levels in patients treated with Xultophy® and increased 1.8 kg in the treaties with glargina.1 In addition,Patients treated with Xultophy ® required a significantly smaller amount of insulin than glargine treaties: 41 swallowing insulin units included in Xultophy ® at the end of the versus 66 units test respectively (P&R 0.001).

About Xultophy ®

Xultophy ® is a combination of Tresiba ® (insulin swallow), an analogous of basal insulin administered once a day with an ultralarga duration of action, and Victoza ® (liraglutida), a human analogue of LPG-1 administered once a day.Xultophy® is administered once a day with a single injection.The maximum dose number of Xultophy ® is 50, equivalent to 50 insulin outlet units and 1.8 mg of liraglutida.Xultophy ® is being investigated in the Dual ™ clinical trial program, which includes two phase 3A and various studies in phase 3B, in which more than 3,500 people with type 2 diabetes participate. Xultophy® received the authorization of the European Commissionfor commercialization on September 18, 2014.

Characteristics of xultophy® Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/30/2015 11:07 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

If it is a kind of slow insulin, why can't it be used by type 1 diabetics (in combination with the rapid bowling) ...?
I understand that it cannot be used by someone who carries a bomb, because the bomb is putting insulin and you don't need another basal, but if you use bolis, why not? ... After all, this is an slow insulin ballOr not?

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
07/02/2015 5:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not know the reason, but the prospect is very clear, it says: "do not use xultophy if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or if it has" ketoacidosis "(a disease consisting of the accumulation of acid in the blood)."

Let's see if any forero is able to say why ... I bet that @con_q_de_quimica knows some of this !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
07/02/2015 6:31 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is a mixture of slow and fast .., we can also use type1, and we will save a puncture ..
Although what I hope is soon is the swallow .., which lasts more than 24 hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2015 4:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

fer said:
the motive I do notdisease consisting of the accumulation of acid in the blood). "

Let's see if any forero is able to say why ... I bet that @con_q_de_quimica knows some of this !!;)

I think that I hop my scarce knowledge, but I suspect that it has to do with the liraglutid

I put a fragment of great interest here:
"The injectable liraglutida belongs to a class of medications called the mimetics of the incredine. Acts helping the pancreas to release the adequate amount of insulin when blood sugar levels are high."

As in type 1 diabetes the pancreas does not produce insulin, there is nothing to release, in addition, the side effects are quite serious to apply this drug without being necessary.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
07/05/2015 6:16 p.m.

Clarified, Q!
To us that give us only the swallow, without the victus that.,
I would have to be here.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2015 6:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I said! Clarified and with note, you are a crack !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
07/05/2015 7:41 p.m.

Incredines such as liraglutide stimulate insulin production by pancreas but also inhibit glucagon secretion and lieFor the FDA for type 1, if the doctor you can use them.
I believe that with the incredines it passes as a step with the amiline, as in the case of type 1 as obviously the base treatment remains insulin, the side effects may not compensate for the benefits of the medication.In this case, one of Victoza's side effects is that it can produce nausea and well, in its day there was some controversy because some suggested study that could produce pancreatitis although later other studies denied it.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/05/2015 8:07 p.m.

If someone wants to read a little more about the subject: Link

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
07/05/2015 8:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.