Glukometers losing faith in them.

Sherpa41's profile photo   04/28/2015 8:49 p.m.

I have been testing the cheap codefree meter for a while and comparing it with the glucomenlx that they give me in the insurance and if at first it seemed that they diverted quite a lot from 170, one up and one down (see photo2) now it seems that thedeviation is continuous (photo1).Between 130 and 186 there is a lot of difference.And this always happens.

I have already lost all credibility in glucometers, especially in the new ones that use little blood.As you can see in these photos and those that I have been publishing lately, those in the middle are always those who use more blood and these are usually always closer.Those of the extremes are always those who use less.

It is very screwed to have to click more blood but I think I will return to the Ultrauch Ultra.Although I am not sure that it is the one who is right.

Have you compared your meters in some way?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/28/2015 8:49 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa41,

I am a bit like you with the issue of trusting gluconometers.On December, a higher hemo came out than expected but hey, as I had been two weeks of travel in Asia and obviously I could not be as controlled as at home because I ailled it to that.Then I did the hemo in March again and the accounts did not square me either.So giving the Act to the conclusion that it had to be the glucometer, well, to be more exact were the strips!Comparing with older lots of strips that I had stored I realized that the expiration lots in 2016 systematically gave results 20-30 mg/dl lower.I get to see 56 with a new and 79 strip with the old woman, for me there is enough difference between these results since for me one is a hypo and the other a normal value.
CONCLUSION: I have changed glucometer brand because with the one I had once the old strips ended, I would have left the new ones.I have not done any heme again so I don't know how I will go with this.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/28/2015 9:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

We always use the menarini, which has evolved at less blood and less time, and continues with good results and good hemo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2015 10:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
we use the menarini, which has evolved to less blood and less time, and continues with good results and good hemo.

But have you compared it with any, because in my comparison the impression gives that the Menarini is the worst of all?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/28/2015 10:27 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I compared it to the one who uses the nurse and. The first one he had of Bayer, and just changing his hem almost a point.It measures well, because the average of glycemia and hemo coincides.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2015 11:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Anyway between two equal glucometers, there may also be differences.
I convinces me more the one that best detects the hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2015 11:06 p.m.

The best way to check it is to control at the same time that they test blood for the annual analytics.And compare

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2015 11:08 p.m.

regina said:
Anyway between two equal glucometers, there may also be differences.
I convinces me more than the best detects.
Not if the hypos are all detected, it is well from 100-110 that each meter goes by its side.And yes, in the end I will try to measure before the annual analysis.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/28/2015 11:14 p.m.

Yes, the higher the value, the greater the error, but even with the same glucometer it can give you quite different with high values ​​..
Do not eat the coconut with that.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2015 11:18 p.m.

Yes and with the same meter and the same drop of blood, you realize when you start using the Dexcom that you have to calibrate it 2 times in a row and use the same drop (come on that you squeeze and take out a mega droplet to serve you for 2 controls) And you will see the difference between one and the other ... some very similar but others ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/29/2015 3:50 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Here you have my contribution to the subject, as you will see, it is not the first time we talk about this, I leave you a couple of threads for your reading.

Difference between glucometers - Experiences with diabetes ...
Difference between glucometers.... I got a little mosque, but since there was a difference of half an hour ... a difference of more than 50 points in blood!
Link
glucometers.ISO 15197 - Diabetes • Diabetes Forum
That is, against more precise we want the glucometers less ... the difference is not much but possibly in hypoglycemia the glucometer ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/29/2015 3:54 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

gala said:
yes and with the same meter and the same drop of blood, you realize when you start using the dexcom that you have to calibrate it 2 times in a row and use the same drop (let's goYou squeeze and take out a mega gton to serve you for 2 controls) and you will see the difference between one and the other ... some very similar but others ....

I totally agree, the first calibrations with the Dexcom hacked as there could be so much difference and I started trying several times in a row and you realize that the same glucometer is a festival

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
04/29/2015 4:20 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

I only have the contour xt, I thought they were all more or less reliable, what a cloth

jjvm's profile photo
jjvm
04/30/2015 12:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Girls, they told me that to calibrate the Dexcom, two glycemia of different hands ....

And yes, the meters mark what they want, I think there were no differences ...

tica's profile photo
tica
04/30/2015 2:30 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, I asked him and they told me to take advantage of the same drop, now I keep the doubt ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/30/2015 5:28 p.m.

They told me that with it in fingers separated by 2, which could be in the same hand, anyway, I have gone to consult the Dexcom manual and I have not been able to find the concrete recommendation, on the other hand, whatWhat do they say is that a blood glucose measurement is not used that is not the fingertips ...

fer's profile photo
fer
04/30/2015 6:06 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

No, in the manual it is not specified whether of 2 fingers, same drop or the 2 hands to me the commercial that I live home to put on the first sensor but I know ... I know ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/30/2015 7:29 p.m.

The commercial for the Seven Plus told me, I also invented it ... the truth is that I don't look for it in the manual

tica's profile photo
tica
04/30/2015 10:39 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I suppose it is a way to avoid the differences of the meters, I have proven that sometimes the glycemics vary according to the finger in which you click.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/01/2015 11:21 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.