{'en': 'Anyone with Hiit experience?(high intensity intervals training)', 'es': '¿alguien con experiencia en HIIT? (entrenamiento de intervalos de alta intensidad)'} Image

Anyone with Hiit experience?(high intensity intervals training)

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/16/2016 6:22 p.m.

I've been with diabetes for many years, I run about 3 or 4 times a week between 40, 50 or 60 minutes per departure.I take care of how to eat.But every time it is more difficult to stay in my weight, I tend to take kilos and if I reduce it is for grams.Come on, that I am so "egoist" that I do not let them loose, and with the need to take hydrates for descent and not to have hypos, especially running is much more difficult.

Reading through those worlds in the Internet I have seen that to lose fat and kilos in general there is a very good method that is the HIIT that consists of doing training at high intensity intervals interspersed at low intensity moments to recover.

Link resistance-y-quemar-grasa

Does anyone practice them?How are you doing?Apart from the almost guaranteed glucose climb, do I have to keep in mind that I am saying that in the limit of being hypertensive, and I think that this type of exercise would be counterinidized?

The glucose climb could be remedied but and the tension high?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/16/2016 6:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I train quite hiit it captured it in my blog, there and put a couple of training, that if because of blood pressure I cannot help you, although I have reached the ears that there is no problem.All the best

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
02/17/2016 7:28 p.m.

Very interesting your blog @lemurdiabetico.I have seen your training with the fitball and the TRX and I believed that this training raised the glucose, I have the TRX in my house and I want to start using them because I have barely made 5 or 6 sessions with them.I have not put myself thoroughly because I think that first you must have a little base in terms of gymnastics with your own weight and that is something I do not do.

I will take a thorough look at your blog :-)

DiabetesForo
02/17/2016 10:54 p.m.

Joseludi said:
your blog @lemurdiabetico.I have seen your training with the fitball and the TRX and I believed that this training raised the glucose, I have the TRX in my house and I want to start using them because I have barely made 5 or 6 sessions with them.I have not put myself thoroughly because I think that first you must have a little base in terms of gymnastics with your own weight and that is something I do not do.

I will take a thorough look at your blog :-)

Thank you very much for your words!
As you can see, I am in favor of always working with your own weight, of course you always have to continue a progression, I congratulate you for your decision to work with TRX is a very good option!
Much encouragement
All the best

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
02/20/2016 1:18 p.m.

I have practiced military training, Cross Fit and Global Fit.
My experience with this type of exercises of short intervals and high intensity, anaerobic, is that they do not give me hypoglycemia during the practice of exercise.I measure me before and after and try to do these activities with 150 mg/dl of blood glucose.With continuous exercise of long duration and average low intensity, aerobic, such as elliptical, walking, running, bike, dance ... I have to be more aware of not having hypoglycemia during practice.

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/21/2016 12:06 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

pinkunicorn said:
I have practiced military training, cross fit and global fit.
My experience with this type of exercises of short intervals and high intensity, anaerobic, is that they do not give me hypoglycemia during the practice of exercise.I measure me before and after and try to do these activities with 150 mg/dl of blood glucose.With continuous exercise of long duration and average intensity, aerobic, such as elliptical, walking, running, bike, dance ... I have to be more aware of not having hypoglycemia during practice.

They don't give you hypos, it's more even give you hypers, hehehe.These last months I have practiced from Freeletics, Runtastic Results and Fitstar (well, the latter is not high intensity) and glycemia rises, solution?cardio before

As for tension, I have not noticed significant variations.

DiabetesForo
11/22/2016 7:26 p.m.

@joseludi
It's true, give hyper.But the hypos appear later, after all it is what we do.I can then eat foods with greater IG injected less quickly.I don't know if it happens to you.
Good idea of ​​doing cardio before;)

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/22/2016 7:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Today I have proven it in my own meats ...
I had 240 glucose before going to the gym, there I have made 10 minutes of elliptical and I entered a Hiit class, I finished burst and when I get home I have shower and just before dinner I have taken the glucose.
I couldn't believe it when I've seen it was 435 ...
I have put the insulin corresponding to dinner and I have corrected (one unity less than it corresponded to me), at 45 minutes I had a quite large hypoglycemia ...
Moral: Never do hiit with hyperglycemia

Evacaru1's profile photo
Evacaru1
01/13/2022 1:29 a.m.

Apart from what Evacaru1 comments on not doing hyperglycemia (or any demanding exercise at short intervals) is having an eye on the insulin dose after

If I exercise (my strength/calistenia routine) at dinner I must lower the insulin dose in half that I would put on a normal day because otherwise the descent is from the milk

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
01/20/2022 8:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.