Hypoglycemia

Rosi's profile photo   02/17/2016 11:55 a.m.

I explain the case that happened yesterday to my daughter at school.It is the first time that it happened to us and I do not know if it is normal.In the middle of the morning the sugar is taken at 48, the teacher gives him a sugar envelope and they wait 15 min, they take the sugar again and it is at 44, they give it sugar again they wait 15 min and it is already 80. As it isIt is possible that after the first sugar down it further down, when always with a sugar, it already raises him a lot, the last time he put himself to 32 and with an envelope he already put at 90.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
02/17/2016 11:55 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

The same thing happened to my daughter at the beginning, at 15 min was still low, after commenting with the endo told us that we wait 30 min instead of 15. If we gave HC again at 15 min because it did not go up I gave him a hyperhallucinatory.And trying, testing what works best are glucose, trace without hyper.
But most likely it is not enough to overcome a hypo.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/17/2016 12:23 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I particularly did not give sugar ... A watercolor is the hand of Santo, those of the Mercadona have 17 grs of hydrates, being liquid goes directly to the stomach and the mineral salts help the rapid absorption ... try it, the anxiety is removedAnd the symptoms at the moment, at 5 minutes there is no hypo ... If it were not for that, I was no longer here telling this ... a hug @rosi @rociollinares

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
02/17/2016 1:13 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

The Aquiarius does not like my daughter @marcos_j_m, the sugar has always worked, but this morning the same thing has happened to him again, they have given him again two sugar, and now he is 269, I do not understand anything anymore, I don't know whatInsulina I will put in the morning because quickly 1 and slow 3, buff that despair.
Thanks @rociollinares nares and @marcos_j_m s

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
02/17/2016 1:20 p.m.

@Rosi I took this time for a while and comment with the endocrine.He told me to try to take liquid (cocacola in my case, for a baby I do not know) or gels instead of solid, because perhaps my stomach would not digit well or at a good pace when I am in hiccup.I thought I was the rare, but apparently he had encountered more cases.
I don't know if it would be that or not, but since the sugar changes for gels it didn't happen again.And the same as your child, then I would go up at once so the hyper were huge, prove to wait more than 15min just in case

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
02/17/2016 1:38 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

As Marcos says, my daughter is great the watercolor or a juice, the glucose above all takes her to school, when she does sports, out of home .... for not getting so much attention and is more bearable.
@Rosi, try to trace with something other than sugar, as I told you, my daughter also gives hyper.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/17/2016 2:46 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

If blood glucose is falling into chopped with an equal sugar is not enough.I particularly do not take less than 2 sugars clear that my case compared to your girl still has much to do since I measure 1.81 and weight 80 kg for the subject of the effect but I know that when I am on low 2 sugarillos minimum ...Buff is a complicated issue of controlling in a young ... Try with an Energy Gel Aptonia that come in tubes and take very easy and easy to carry ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/17/2016 2:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have talked to the educator and the problem comes through insulin spend too many hours since I put the actrapid until I have breakfast in the school because I put it at 7 and until 11 I do not have breakfast and at that time the insulin is in its peak moreAlto de Action and that's why it costs so much to overcome, I will try juices anyway.
Thank you

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
02/17/2016 5:44 p.m.

The actrapid has been very traitorous for a long time.
Better use the novorapid at all meals, although lunch has to be reduced.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/17/2016 6:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Already but it is the one that they sent her because she says that as she makes the second breakfast the actrapid lasts 5 hours and the novorapid 3 hours.I don't know we will try to have such.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
02/18/2016 8:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.