A Chinese therapist claims to have invented a controversial form of "healing" that involves pats and blows and that has generated numerous criticisms in the countries in which he has put it into practice.Xiao Hongchi promotes the Paida Lajin method, which implies that patients receive or apply they themselves patched in different parts of the body.

The therapy was questioned by the Police in Australia, who has opened an investigation for the death of a 17 -year -old from Sydney, who had participated in one of the sessions of the controversial therapist, reports "24horas.cl".The young man was diabetic and could stop supplying insulin.

Paida involves patting ("Pai" in Chinese) and Gopes with an open hand ("da") on the skin, while Lajin implies adopting several postures to stretch the muscles.

Participants are patched vigorously in different parts of their body, particularly in the joints and head, until the skin is colored or begins to bang.The diseases that he says can cure are wide spectrum and range from colds, Alzheimer's, stroke, paralysis, renal failure, cancer or autism.

Paida and Lajin are linked to the concept of traditional Chinese medicine known as "Sha", a belief that indicates that blood can be "poisoned" by toxins that have to be expelled.Those who practice Paida and Lajin believe that it improves circulation and manages to extract toxins.Xiao explains that when I know that when the "Sha" manifests, it is a sign that there are diseases.

This practice has been very criticized and experts point out that strong pats come to break the blood vessels and cause bruises.

To try to know the method, the British BBC chain sent a journalist, Pamela Koh, to experience in the first person how treatments work.Koh, with a knee injury, underwent the treatment and as he explained, "I sat in a small armchair in front of the healer, a mature age that wielded some wicker and bamboo rods. I felt my knee in search of small clots and, without any warning, he gave me a whip in the knee.

He pointed exactly to the same place every time.It was intense.I shouted surprised.Moratones occurred quickly and had to interrupt the blows.The treatment had to last at least 20 more minutes to be effective, he told me.I pressed my teeth between each sharp and fast blow but I had to tell him to stop.

It started again until it became unbearable, although I tried to endure the 20 minutes.The bruises took weeks to disappear.I am not sure if the knee was improved by the beating or if the body is naturally cured over time.However, definitely, this is not for cowards and, although my knee improved, it would not come back. "

as popular as controversial

The concept of "Sha" is a very popular belief in the Chinese culture and Paida Lajin has a significant number of followers in Chinese communities in Asia.Despite the hardness of the sessions, Xiao clinics are always full and each therapy can cost around $ 150 (134 euros)

Xiao became very popular in 2009 after publishing the book "The World of Medicine: the Paida Lajin de Selfocuration Method".His television appearances are very frequent and has held workshops in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore.In addition, its clinics have expanded through India, USA, Germany and Australia.