Information on products and accessories

Monica_LTD's profile photo   07/14/2015 2:09 p.m.

Good morning to all/all,

My name is Monica.I am what some are called type 3 diabetic, my partner has been diabetic for more than 33 years, and at the time I "suffered" gestational diabetes.

After speaking.Via email, with the manager of the forum we decided to register in the forum and participate as we can best.

Recently we have opened an online store to make people with diabetes and S environment products and accessories to try to facilitate the day to day, as my compi says, sweet people.

We do not intend to use the forum as a site where advertising, I think that many of you already know us, but what we want to do in the forum is to make known news in products and accessories and serve as a site of information for allthose who have doubts, interest or curiosity about products and accessories for our group.
also put our knowledge in nutrition.

Any questions or restlessness that you have are at your disposal to try to solve it, having set up this store has given us the possibility of knowing many existing products and the possibility of trying them and of solving doubts with the manufacturers, so we want to put yourdisposition this knowledge.

We also want you to know that all forum members have permanent discount in our store, for which you only have to ask for the voucher for email.

We thank Fer for the ease that has given us to be here.Other forums are very restrictive in this regard.

Thanks and greetings.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
07/14/2015 2:09 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

What is the name of the store?Thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/14/2015 4:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi gindillo, it's www.latiendadeladiabetes.com.

To ask for discount vouchers, we send an email to: info.LATICENADADELADIABETES@GMAIL.COM

Thank you.

Monica_LTD
07/14/2015 7:18 p.m.

Hello again,

We move our thread to the category of bombs and new devices, here we will present and comment on the new gadgets for our diabetes.

Greetings.

Monica_LTD
07/14/2015 7:58 p.m.

Hello,

Today I start with the most basic, an isothermal case to carry insulin, glucometer and something else.There are enough in the market, with various designs and various prices.I know even people who have adapted the schools of lifelong pencils.

I will talk about the Dia's case, manufactured in Spain (Alicante) by the Elite Bags company, specialized in emergency sanitary material.

This case has two zip pockets, one of them is isotherm, it carries a gel that after having it a few hours in the freezer keeps cold for hours.Cold gel may only be necessary in times like the one we live in these days, where heat is suffocating.In the isotherm pocket you can carry the insulin feathers, or roads if you use them.They fit enough.In the other pocket you can carry the glucometer, punctured, reactive strips, mobile, documentation, etc ... The gel also serves to relieve muscle pains and cold therapies.

It is one of the cheapest in the market and has several colors.The prices from € 12.75 to € 15.75 (gel included), we are about 2,100 pesestillas of the before.

We are the one we used until the arrival of the bomb and the truth is that it has given us very good use.

I leave you a photo of the gel and bags.

Greetings.

Monica_LTD
07/14/2015 8:17 p.m.

Very good, I thank you for the initiative, and as a suggestion I encourage you to include sugar -free food.I personally have a hard time finding certain products, not to mention such "normal" things as birthday cakes and things like that.
Health!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
07/15/2015 12:09 a.m.

Hello with_q_de_quimica,

Thanks for your message and suggestion.

I have read some posts and answers and it shows that you are put on the feeding issue.

For training I have enough knowledge of nutrition and for kitchen hobby.

We had thought to include sugar -free food but we have encountered several problems:

1º When contacting suppliers and food manufacturers "all" we have denied us the possibility of marketing their products, starting with Diabalance that only sells through large food surfaces andPharmacies

2nd It is difficult to maintain stock of perishable and "delicate" products, they require facilities for their conservation that we do not have.

3rd There are many online stores that market special foods for people with certain food and diabetic intolerances, consolidated stores with AS that compete is very complicated.

As you well know the current food trends for people with diabetes "allow" to eat everything, with adequate moderation to healthy food habits.A diabetic person knowing how to count carbohydrates, knowing what your dose of insulin promotion is and the sensitivity factor can perfectly eat what you want.

Regarding the issue of several cakes and sweets .... Few artificial sweeteners can come to give the taste of sugar and their derivatives to cakes and sweets.The sweetener who can get most of the Stevia and how you know consumption in high doses is not very advisable.

What we have thought about our blog is to put cooking recipes, easy, and very explained, to elaborate this type of food, indicating the number of portions both per 100grs.of product as well as product portion so that it is visually possible to know what is eating and the incidence in our "sugar".To do this we have the collaboration of a friend, pastry chef, José Parra, owner of the La Genoese artisanal pastry in Madrid, which is preparing the recipes.He is quite sensitized with the issue of carbohydrates in his products because he has cases of obesity in his family.As soon as the recipes are published in our blog.

We are at home with very different tastes, I am passionate about the sweet and my boy is not diabetic of the old school and they were educated in "not eating sweets", although it ever makes its exceptions.And when he makes them prefer to eat a good well -made sweet than as he says, decaffeinated foods.It is an opinion.

If it is true that knowing how to count the rations and correctly calculating the dose of insulin portion we should not deprive ourselves of certain foods in "healthy" doses-

Thank you again.

Greetings.

Monica_LTD
07/15/2015 2:04 a.m.

By the way, if you are from Madrid we can send you to sites where they prepare cakes and cakes with detailed information on HC content, and we can surely find somewhere in other provinces where you also detail this information, even places where they prepare to measure you and with otherssweeteners these products.

Monica_LTD
07/15/2015 2:07 a.m.

By the way I forgot, what we have are natural and cosmetics "products" in the parapharmacy section.There are enough extracts natural plants that "help" control blood glucose and are not very expensive.And regarding cosmetics especially for diabetic foot and helps with lipodystrophies.We do not have them in stock, when someone buys us, the manufacturer/supplier serves directly, so that we avoid problems with expiration.

Monica_LTD
07/15/2015 2:33 a.m.

Thank you very much for the answers! It seems great to me what you say about the recipes.Regarding point 4 probably for many diabetics it will be so, but for those who have unstable diabetes it is not applicable;There are practically no two days when my girl responds equal to sugar or insulin, so in her case it is best to avoid it.At the end of the month we are going to get a Dexcom, hopefully help us to understand and better plan your diet.
Health !!

Con_Q_de_quimica
07/15/2015 1:33 p.m.

You are welcome.Even at the risk of being a gossip ... why does your unstable diabetes have?You know that women, because of our hormonal imbalances, have more instability than boys, but are certain periods of time.But there must be a reason for it.

The Dexcom is a very good device, expensive but good.

We have free, a little lower in benefits but your mission is quite well.

If she has an uncontrolled diabetes, have you tried to put a bomb?

Already press to offer everyone who you think you are creditors of a bomb and do not put it to make a request/claim letter to try to put it.

Greetings.

Monica_LTD
07/15/2015 1:59 p.m.

Pues según el endocrino, además del ciclo menstrual, sus niveles de glucosa se ven fuertemente influenciados por el estrés, ansiedad, estado de ánimo... y otras circunstancias desconocidas, nos han dejado claro que su diabetes seguirá siendo inestable y que a lo queWe can aspire to reduce the number of hypoglycemia and that hyper are not so fired.They told her about the bomb, but for the moment she does not want to, to see yes they reach Spanish like the Omnipod.It is true that the Dexcom is very expensive, in fact the father is going to be bought, we cannot face the payment ... Maybe when I find work I can take charge of me, but there is the difficult thing.
In our case we are lucky that our families can (and want) to help us, but it recounts me to think how many people will be in this situation and cannot access the Dexcom or free freestyle, (which by the way I have been waiting a waiting list toBuying it, although as it has finally opted for the Dexcom I will not buy it).

Con_Q_de_quimica
07/15/2015 6:04 p.m.

Well, the bomb really, in my opinion, would be a great help.At home it has been the best gift they have made in a long time, I don't know what your opinion is about this, but I would try to convince her.And if he doesn't like he can always return to punctures.If you are in Madrid I invite you to see each other and see the bomb.If you are out of Madrid, try to show it to you, surely help your girl to decide.

My boy has gone from 6 daily punctures to 1 every three days and practically painless, the difference is a lot.

Regarding stress, anxiety and mood ... is very fucking (with forgive!!!You also know, and surely some here will get angry with me for this I say, people with diabetes change their character, their anger accentuates a lot ....

Well for what you need here we are.

Monica_LTD
07/15/2015 6:23 p.m.

Thank you very much for your advice and offers !!!I also think that the bomb is a good idea, but convincing it is not exactly easy.It is made to accept that the Dexcom has cost me sweat and tears.We try to take things with philosophy, but both being unemployed is very difficult.For my part I try to vent without realizing and thus be able to show a more optimistic attitude, although she is affectionate and special that it is easy to be happy (yes we are very ñoños !!).
I said, thank you for everything !!!

Con_Q_de_quimica
07/15/2015 7:33 p.m.

Hahaha because we are other no more.

Thanks to you.

And luck in the job search.

Monica_LTD
07/15/2015 9:35 p.m.

@Con_q_de_quimica I believe that Dexcom's is a fantastic idea, the quality of life that you earn is unpayable.It will allow you to advance to the ups and downs and surely improve your control.I also think that if you are not interested in the bomb you should not press it, to start with the Dexcom, maybe when you see how technology can help you improve your control is encouraged to go for the pump.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/15/2015 11:30 p.m.

Inday said:
@con_q_de_quimica I think that Dexcom is a fantastic idea, the quality of life that you earn is unpayable.It will allow you to advance to the ups and downs and surely improve your control.I believe that if you are not interested in the pump you should not press it, to start with the Dexcom, maybe when you see how technology can help you improve your control is encouraged to go for the pump.

Thank you @inday, that is my intention, she debuted in 1984 and I think the last time it was reported on the insulin bomb (or any other advance with the exception of insulin bolis) was in 1993. When you talk about some advanceTechnological always imagines a large and noisy armatos.But well, little by little it progresses.: D

Con_Q_de_quimica
07/16/2015 2:27 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.