New and moving from Galvus met to Lantus.

perri's profile photo   05/21/2015 1:23 a.m.

Hello, how are you?
I am Perri from Chile and well, debut about 2 years ago, I have 32 now with what seems like a DM2 .. (I say it seems because we have not done studies) and I was taking galvus met 850/50 twice a day by the last 2Years ... that I was no longer doing so much effect ... I arrived in the afternoon with 165 glucose ...
Two days ago I went to see a new doctor who prescribed me Lantus .. starting with 5ui before sleeping ... The truth is that today the dose to 7ui (following the instructions of the doctor) since he woke up with 130-135 these theseDays ... so I've been adjusting.
The themes is that when my glucose levels are by about 165-175 even 4 hours after eating ... then they go down to 110-140 ... and during the nights I have come to have 214 ... Imagine the badI have slept.
Only in 2 more weeks I have time with the doctor and well .. Well, I wanted to ask them if what happens to me is normal ... if with the passing of the days I should go my body handling the glucose peaks ... or if definitelyI will need help from some other hypoglycemic or fast insulin ..

that you can tell me that you have more experience!

Greetings to all!

perri's profile photo
perri
05/21/2015 1:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you see that two hours after eating, the glycemia passes from 180, you will need fast insulin before meals. With the ràpida you can eat more hydrates, adjusting the dose.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/22/2015 1:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.