27 -month -old boy mother with diabetes

adina's profile photo   07/14/2015 3:31 p.m.

Hello everyone has cost me a lot to write to this issue and it is only because I am used to enduring everything for me I will summarize my experience, it turns out that my son Gabriel is the result of artificial insemination after 8 years of search.

He is now 27 months old and had his debut with 21, when I took my son to the Sabia hospital since they were going to tell me for being a nursing assistant for their symptoms and for my husband who was diabetic for 28 years, the truth is thatThe world fell on me when they told me but I decided to be strong and that he never saw me badly.

I change my life completely since I took a leave at work to be able to take care of El.

adina's profile photo
adina
07/14/2015 3:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My son debuted with 18 months, 3 months have passed and I cry a many nights for what he expects, and that tells you a diabetic, that the truth is not the same to be diabetic than having a diabetic son, I think he suffers more,I never cry for having diabetes and I have been since I was 14 years old.

Nor am I writing to discourage you, the truth is that you do everything, and as you will see your son, he will go more cool than an eight with his bomb (if he carries) and look his finger at fullness, the truth is that they areThe engine of your fight.

I do not know if in 10 years there will be a more bearable treatment or will have a solution, but for the moment it is what there is and you have to take it as you can best.

Tell us where are you from?What treatment does it carry?

Here you will find a lot of support and solution to many doubts.:-*

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/15/2015 10:25 a.m.

Hello.HC that eats. Of the rapid insulin uses the apidra since it has a ball that can prick half units. Slow insulin uses the levemir and has 3 units in the morning and another 3 at night. In total skewer6 times insulin per dayAnd glycemia I have them every two hours day and night since many times he does not present any symptoms with the hypos. The truth has been clicking for many years since I am nursing assistant with an experience of 11 years but every puncture to myIt hurts in my soul. He takes it well every day life lessons is a strong and very grateful child.that involves this disease. I realize more and more every day and I am afraid to think the day I will go to the colum or an excursion. I know how 6 or 7 years will it be different but for now it is even nis, it is even able to tell me when it is wrong.

adina's profile photo
adina
07/15/2015 5:43 p.m.

I can only give you encouragement !!!Why don't I know what is even if you imagine it.My cousin q tb is diabetics came out of little tb and she was much more aware than that I came out at age 23 ... children learn easy and live with that normal because they have lived and remember and remember.Now just take care of them, help them and support them in everything to learn to live as one more child without feeling strange ... much encouragement !!!And remember that if you are happy more!: x

Vetaes's profile photo
Vetaes
07/16/2015 12:38 a.m.

You have to think that a debut is not the same now than 30 years ago.The future of these children is going to be very different from ours.
Focus only on control and optimism.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/16/2015 6:22 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina is right, before there was no cocacola lihgt in the bars, now the zero soda is super normal, the sugarless nougat and the ice cream sell them in all the super.

Not to mention that now hemoglobin looks at you in a puncture on the finger and in 3 minutes, before it was a complete analysis, and insulin gives a better result.

I hope TB that the treatment is improving, and anus I wait for a cure, but if they take an improved insulin and that perhaps we only have to click once a day.
Our children are very young and surely some progress gets from here to ten years.

I think when you have to teach him to swim PQ with the bomb one can spend a short time in the water, and well the school is another song.

The first thing is to be optimistic, your child is fine and he does not suppose anything or look at his finger or eat more or less.

I at September will go to the nursery, it will be a good rewrite for the school, in the nursery they are more controlled and to start this very well, if you do not take it, I will not take it to eat, but even if you carry it out4 hours is more than enough for you to get used to leaving it with strangers and he gets used to being in a class.

You have to go back to work, and return to your normal life, that the closest people, the grandparents or the uncles learn to click and know what to do in case of Bajon.

I would explain so many things ... I don't know whether I go to Lleida on vacation, hahaha ....

Surely before 6 years he realizes what a low is, or so I want to think, hehehe .....

Your child can do many more things than you think, now it is complicated but you will see how in a year everything is easier, you will know the equivalences of hydrates, you will know better the diabetes of your child, because each one we are different.

But we are going that if I find it complicated with a 20 -year experience behind my back I do not tell you anything to a person who comes more or less virgin.But let's tb is your husband, right?Is it diabetic according to accounts, that such hemoglobin carries?He will help you, he knows the disease.

I encourage woman, if they put the insulin pump everything will be easier.

aranzazuleg
07/16/2015 9:57 a.m.

If I am sincere, my husband is the worst diabetic that there is. To tell you that glycemia is not seen or once a day. Before it was a reason for discussion but now much more because I do not want my son to take the example of hisFather. The last hemoglobin of non -husband to 8.9. And it is almost a miracle that is not worse because he only clicks the insulin as he wants.I would love to work back but once it is another issue that my husband does not support me.that I just want everyone's bine.and the last one they did was 6.5.

adina's profile photo
adina
07/16/2015 10:21 a.m.

Well, forgive, but here the most selfish seems to me your husband, that the son is of the two not only yours, let's say I !!

Well, with such an example at home, I carry hemoglobins of 6.7 this last July, minimal you have to look before each meal to be able to rectify if necessary.But well if your husband wants to continue the same, he passes him, he will see them.But it was worth signing up to the TB forum so that it learned a little.

Your child is going very well and that is recently diabetic, the only thing that must be maintained, the problem must not be set aside, because it is not the same to become diabetic with 29 years as with 2 years, it has to go very well forThat the day of Mñn there is no complications.
If you teach you to do well, you will not be well, do not worry, which will then be your son who throws the anger to his father for going wrong.

Point out to an association to interact with people just like you, here you will find a lot of support, you can ask me what you want, what I can help you.

aranzazuleg
07/16/2015 12:28 p.m.

The truth is that my husband has moved a lot away from us.I do not know if it is because he feels guilty of the disease of. Our son or is too big to be a father and on top of a child with different needs. The truth is that he has never punctured him or insulin and neither glycemia.He thinks that I live calmly not working outside the home but is wrong.day. The other day without going any further, a lady gave her a lollipop and the immediateMedica because unlike other I already knew what this disease was and I knew

adina's profile photo
adina
07/16/2015 2:50 p.m.

Hello, I don't think it helps you much, rather you help me ......
My thirteen -year -old daughter was diagnosed now a month ago (I already introduced myself in her day), the day by day we had it quite well, this forum has helped us a lot, but every time I think of the future I awaited you, it collapses.In fact, he has no longer being able to go to the camp that the Juniors Gupo to which he belongs organizes every year, and to which he made great enthusiasm and for which he had worked hard throughout his 1st of ESO.I can't comment with her my fears either because I begin to cry and I don't want me to see me like that.Of course, the whole family is with it, to my 9 -year -old little daughter and whom I call "her sister's miniature nurse."
Adina, I know I can't help you much, just comfort you and see that you are not the only one to which all this surpasses and collapses.
Much encouragement (you see .... Thing that I do not have) and hopefully in the not too distant future everything is much easier !!!!And that we really learn to live with this, something that most comment, but that costs me to believe ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/16/2015 2:56 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Rocío I have a lot of faith although many times I collapse.My son who asks me every time if I'm fine haha ​​as I ask him now he asks me.In spite of the distance and of all things we have encountered and we provide unconditional support. You are very lucky Rocío that your whole family turns your daughter's cccididnight so that my son leads a life as normal and happy as he can. A kiss for everyone

adina's profile photo
adina
07/16/2015 3:21 p.m.

Adina, as to other mothers who are here, believers or not ...... A friend sent me as soon as I got home after hospital discharge, I was very excited but it also made me see that our childrenThey are very lucky to have mothers like us, knowing that we will always be by their side and making everything much easier ...
Adina you have an angel, but he is very lucky to have a mother who is going to make her very happy ........

Letter for the mother of a child with diabetes
How God chooses a child's mother with diabetes
Some women become mothers by accident, others by decision, a few for social pressures and a pair by custom.
Have you ever wondered how mothers of children with diabetes are chosen?Somehow I visualize God around the earth by selecting his propagation instruments with great care and deliberation.While observing, he instructs his angels to take notes in a great book.

"Armstrong, Beth, son. San Mateo Patron."

"Forrest, Marjorie, daughter. Patrona Santa Cecilia".

"Rutledge, Carrie, Twins. San Gerardo Patron. He is accustomed to blasphemy."

Finally, a name happens to the angel and smiles, "give a child with diabetes."

The angel feels curious."Why this, God? She is so happy."

"Exactly," God smiles."I could give a child with diabetes to a mother who didn't know laughter? That would be cruel."

"But she has patience?" Asks the angel.

"I do not want it to have too much patience or will drown in a sea of ​​self -pity and despair. Once the shock and resentment disappear, you can handle the situation. I saw it today. She has the feeling of security and independence,So weird and necessary in a mother.

"But Lord, I don't think she doesn't even believe in you."

God smiles."It doesn't matter. I can fix that. This is perfect. It has enough selfishness."

The angel is amazed."Selfishness? Is that a virtue?"

God nods."If you can't separate from your child occasionally, she will never survive. Yes, here is a woman I am going to bless with a little less than perfect."

"She does not notice yet, but she will be enviable. I will allow her to realize the things I see: ignorance, cruelty, prejudice ... and rise above them. He will never be alone, I will be at her side every minute of every day of herLife, because I will be doing my job as safely as if I was here by my side. "

"And how will your holy patron be?" Asks the angel with the pen suspended in the air.God smiles."A mirror will be enough."

By Erma Bombeck

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/16/2015 5:52 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Well., There are mothers who do not know or cannot take care of their children ... and poor children ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/17/2015 2:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Rocio that you have made me cry !!hehehe .... what a beautiful letter.

And the truth is that almost all diabetic children are special, they are ready and responsible children for their age and thinking about all the cruelty that exists in the world if my son's is diabetes because welcome is, that within the badendure.

Your husband may feel guilty, although he would not have PQ, diabetes is not a hereditary disease, you have 2% possibilities, as well as normal parents, moreover, it is normal for parents not to suffer.
But guilt will not solve the child's problem.

Do not worry diabetic mothers that in the end we make normal life, that we travel and create our family, we study and work, you just have to support them in their day by day, in case they tell you that they want to be ministers notdiscourage them.
They do not have to see their illness as a barrier, they have to do with it as something everyday.

aranzazuleg
07/17/2015 9:43 a.m.

There is a part of my story that I have still told. Well it turns out that Gabriel is the result of an 8 -year search and an insemination treatment. It has cost me a lot to have it. Then when I was pregnant of 5 months they told me that my son onlyHe had an artery in the umbilical cord where he fed when he would have to have two. They told me that he could go out with a problem of kidneys and go to know.I had to eat more often to take total weight that got to get fat 24 kg. At the time of giving it it, I threw 46 hours of childbirth with units of fear of fear for oxytocin no longer that it dilated. At the end I arrived it was so handsome so perfect so perfecta 10 in the Apgar test. It has been very difficult to have it and I have always fought. And what has been my surprise. In the month of November I start to notice rare ... I do a test and it turns out to be pregnant. I could not believe itAfter the experience I had with Gabriel.We were so happy. We had the Gabriel and another on the way. But everything changed on November 5 I lost my baby and on February 2 at three months I almost lost the Gabriel.I did not have time to replenish.

adina's profile photo
adina
07/17/2015 9:52 a.m.

Sometimes it seems that he has looked at us a one -eyed, hehe ... but hey we always have to emphasize the good, you are fine, your son is fine, and maybe in three years you have another again.
I don't think diabetes have to condition us if we have a child or two, if you want everything you can.
Do not look back and see how good it surrounds you.:-*

aranzazuleg
07/17/2015 10:28 a.m.

Hello!!I am also a mother of diabetic teenager (12 years).Both his father and I try to have a life as normal as possible and do everything.He just returned from a candle camp and has had to defend himself in terms of his diabetes, and you can believe that he knew how to do it and very well.Sometimes it costs me a lot because I have to fight at the hours of meals, since it is growing a lot, and it has a huge appetite and everything it has ahead ... but apart from this, it is carrying itquite well.We use the free freestyle that gives you a bestial autonomy, although now in summer she does not want to carry it out for beach/pool issues, but it is giving us great results and the advantage of not having to crush her fingers.Adina my husband Tammoco seems very involved, sometimes, but it's there and surely your husband too.

Enma's profile photo
Enma
07/17/2015 10:49 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.