Hello everyone

amador's profile photo   06/01/2015 3:03 p.m.

Good afternoon
I'm new, greeting to everyone
I wanted to ask you if when you go to do a job interview you consider it wise to say if you are diabetic.I would not have problems saying it, I am type 2, I have good controls, I exercise and as quite healthy.But I am afraid of the rotary shifts or say that I have to stop to eat something for fear of a hypo.I have a job interview for a short time and I don't know whether to say it or not since a brake can assume me when I can opt for work.It would not have much physical wear but the food outlet routine schedules do not know how to take them.
Thanks in advance who comments
Amador

amador's profile photo
amador
06/01/2015 3:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome be.
I tell you what I feel, not say it to anyone, except sincere friendships and family.And less in a place where if you say that you are diabetic, unfortunately, they would not take you, yes, it is hard but real.
You have the diabetes that you have, first get the job, then, take care and mammate yourself more than anything, and nobody, and always with something sweet in your pocket.And finally it will be your decision to say it, but, once you take confidence, safe work, and if you see that you have a problem.Why do you have problems?
I don't think that in a job interview they ask you if you have any disease, I say.
In my 6 years with diabetes, only once I had a downturn out of home, I took a juice, and in 3 minutes like new.
When you know the schedules you will surely overcome it.And if I don't eat it with your educator, or here, surely someone with your little problem can advise you.
I hope you answer a lot of people and especially above the mood and luck.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
06/03/2015 12:01 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

I did not say it in my current job.Only after time, when they met me, I commented.So of course, there was no problem.

My recommendation is, if you can lead a normal life, don't say it.There is no reason why inform them.If it were a bit complicated shifts, I would not know what to say.Maybe I would try without saying anything to anyone.If it is impossible to continue with your normality, then ..

A hug and many spirits.

koyadovic's profile photo
koyadovic
06/03/2015 12:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have lived times in different companies, in some I have said, in others not, and sincerely, I have spent it worse when I have hidden it, so now I tell those I have closer, but neither do I hide the rest, andIf someone asks why I go to the WC always before eating, or directly if I am, I say it without capujos, you live quieter and you can lower your guard and relax, and if you have an emergency it is easier to help you.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/03/2015 12:09 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.