Aid!Hypoglycemia

Juan_miguel1's profile photo   02/17/2016 11:14 p.m.

I just did the test with the glucometer and I have 72 and it is the first time I have it so low, what do I do?
I do not understand if I have eaten 200gr of potato tortilla and 105 gr of fried potatoes (5r in total)

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
02/17/2016 11:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Take a juice containing 15 grams of carbohydrates

aymee50's profile photo
aymee50
02/17/2016 11:20 p.m.

Check in 15 minutes again

aymee50's profile photo
aymee50
02/17/2016 11:22 p.m.

If you are at home a 200 cc glass of Cocacola or Aquarius.If you are out you must carry envelopes with sugar, glucosport or (as we carry many) gels of gluc up. According to you and if you want to keep the levels take a couple of maria cookies.

The causes for the hypo?Although it seems a silly answer: because you are diabetic and you will many times you will have hypos for passing with insulin, for having exercised before, due to the rebound effect of hyperglycemia.

Do not worry, it is a thing too common in our lives, the main thing is that you know how to act and you are always prepared.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/17/2016 11:34 p.m.

Joseludi said:
if you are at home a glass of 200 cc of cocacola or Aquarius.If you are out you must carry envelopes with sugar, glucosport or (as we carry many) gels of gluc up. According to you and if you want to keep the levels take a couple of maria cookies.

The causes for the hypo?Although it seems a silly answer: because you are diabetic and you will many times you will have hypos for passing with insulin, for having exercised before, due to the rebound effect of hyperglycemia.

Do not worry, it is a thing too common in our lives, the main thing is that you know how to act and you are always prepared.
But I had no high values ​​before eating (160) that if I have climbed the Lantus insulin today
Where can I buy Glucosport and those gels?

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
02/17/2016 11:39 p.m.

Juan_miguel1 said:
Joseludi said:
If you are at home a glass of 200 cc of cocacola or Aquarius.If you are out you must carry envelopes with sugar, glucosport or (as we carry many) gels of gluc up. According to you and if you want to keep the levels take a couple of maria cookies.

But I had no high values ​​before eating (160) that if I have climbed the Lantus insulin today
Where can I buy Glucosport and those gels?

But maybe you have put more units of fast insulin than hydrates you have eaten.I guess your endocrine has told you about the insulin units that you should click on each HC unit.

They can be bought in pharmacies but if you buy on the Internet several boxes will get better price.Buy a box in the pharmacy to try and if you convince you, ask you in any of these stores that I put here:

Link

(Surely there is more, it's a matter of searching)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/18/2016 12:08 a.m.

Up to 70 is an acceptable value, it is not considered hypoglycemia although you are on the limit.Do not scare yourself that you have margin with those figures, with less than 70 you are progressively badly, but normally until less than 20 does not usually jump the "security system" of the brain that makes you pass out.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
02/18/2016 1:48 a.m.

Sometimes, if slow, you have to lower the rapids.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/18/2016 2:27 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good morning, first of all do not worry too much, 72 is a fair value as my compis say, we suffer from a somewhat "rare" disease, we have days that for no apparent reason jumps at 300 and others that we walk low my case "35 35"It is a usual figure.More than advice, I recommend that you use common sense and learn to react to these cases, low glycemia as @joseludi says a glass of cocacola-glycosport -ngeles ... and high glutemia insulin or physical activity, as long as you do not exceed 300by possibility of rebound.
Whenever you have out of the normal values, get glycemia every 15 minutes until they regulate, we have all happened to put more insulin than due, and go down to worrying values, but over the years instead of worrying, we are worried about,We think ... "halaaaaa again I brought it."

A hug and for what you need here you have me.

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
03/19/2016 9:07 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1. HG 7,3. Abril de 2016 Bomba Minimed 640G

I have been with the disease for almost 10 months and I have frequent hypos, not very serious, and fortunately always symptomatic ... but in these last days I have noticed something very rare: my mouth and tongue falls asleep with hypoglycemia, it is a sensationas of tingling-hinthazón-surface.This did not happen to me before.Is it normal?Do new symptoms of hypoglycemia appear over time?

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
03/19/2016 2:08 p.m.

Normal @xorxie is, it happens to me forever.If it is true that the symptoms are never the same, that we each have ours.
New symptoms after spending time?Not exactly, let's say that the tidal background sensation and that something is not going well, at least for me is the usual.But one day I notice blurred vision, others can not concentrate, others gives me cold, sleep, tingling in my mouth ... come on that they are not always the same and not all symptoms appear at the same time

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/19/2016 2:22 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.