Glucose level being bad

roomm's profile photo   06/01/2015 8:48 p.m.

Hello good!
Towards a long time I didn't get bad, but it turns out that a couple of days ago I took a stomach virus (or something similar) and I am diarrhea.The thing is that since I started with belly discomfort, my glucose level has dropped a lot, in fact, every 3 hours or so I have to take something because they give me hypoglycemia.I have been going down the insulin (Lantus and Rapida) but still give me some downturn.
This is normal?

roomm's profile photo
roomm
06/01/2015 8:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum.It may be that if that is the reason.Try to eat astringent things, banana, apple, rice above all.For my children when they were young, I know this lasts three or more days.And if you are worried, see your educator or header.
I also have hypoglycemia, and I blame the heat, the same thing happens to me every year, I have to lower the dose of insulin, and with the cold up.
What better, and greetings.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
06/02/2015 1:08 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Hello @roomm, it is normal, with diarrhea and the stomach virus is normal for the body not to absorb so many carbohydrates (sugars) how it should, so you have to adjust the dose of insulin very well, be rather conservative (Put little insulin) and as you recover, return to normal.

Courage and put good soon !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2015 9:50 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Here I copy several parameters that affect glucose levels for people who use insulin, according to a good friend and forero who has created an app to help refine with the amount of insulin to inject.

Description

In Cafydia Diabetes a new system to control diabetes is implemented.It is focused on the self -management of type I or type II diabetes mellitus for which insulin pens is used in its treatment.

The application is relatively complex for what a certain learning requires.It brings many functionalities, but not to use all by force, only those you need, depending on the needs of each person.

When, through the activity of the graphics, he has studied his glucose and has performed in Cafydia the relevant modifications, so that each and every one of the contingencies that will be seen in the day to day are covered, he can eat whatever he wants in theamount you want.

Things that contribute to your body need more or less insulin in a certain meal:

* Food time : It is very important that the hours are approximately equal every day.Approaching or removing too much a puncture affects everything that comes next.In Cafydia an alarm system is implemented to indicate at all times if it is in the right range or if not.

* Amount of carbohydrates : In Cafydia a linear function is generated (we call it baseline) that crosses carbohydrates with preprandial insulin dose so that it goes in proportion to the amount of carbohydrates.If one day you want to eat a little more or a little less you can do it, the dose will adjust accordingly.

* Glucose level before food : In Cafydia the correction factor of each patient is automatically calculated.In this way it will increase or decrease the dose to correct any deviation from 100mg/dl or 5.5mmol/l.

* Exercise you expect to do or have just done around a meal : In Cafydia you can create corrective types.They are modifiers that you can activate by hand or schedule per day of the week to modify the initial dose provided by the baseline.If going to walk makes two units less, believe the corrective, act and go out to walk quietly.If you always do it on Wednesdays, schedule it.

* Routine changes in times, such as on vacation, bridges, etc.By default you have one called default, which acts for your routine.You can create everyone you need, for vacations, bridges, any era in which you may need modifications of this style.In each of them you can specify how insulins will be modified over the days.When metabolic rhythms overlap, a residue is generated by each modifier of the previous metabolic rhythm.These waste acts as day -1 and they are assembled the beginnings of the next metabolic rhythm that is activated.

* area of ​​the skin in which insulin is administered : This is very important.Repeating continuously the area in which insulin is administered is a huge mistake.If he does, over time he will find days when without knowing why he will have the sugar through the clouds.Others will have sugar drops.You won't understand anything.

On this last point we feel it, but Cafydia can't do anything for it.

The only motivation to have spent the last nine months developing the application is to help other diabetics that like me, suffer the disease and live day by day with it.I decided to publish it totally for free and without any annoying advertising just for this.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2015 11:38 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much for the help !!
Little by little I am recovering, although I am closely my contours!

roomm's profile photo
roomm
06/03/2015 4:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.