Insulin bomb in girl with 3 years

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/19/2016 12:45 a.m.

Hello, good night to all, I am new and I want to introduce myself, my name is Antonio (Anmuga) and I am the grandfather of a 3 -year -old girl with diabetes since last May.I have to take care of her in the morning at school while her parents work, I approach school several times to correct her glycemia.She has the Medtronic 640G insulin pump with the glucose sensor since December of last year and the truth is that it is not doing very well.Possibly basal settings, HDC ratios or sensitivity are not well tight.That is why he would need help for people like you aware of diabetes and thus be able to correct blood glucose.
Greetings to all.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/19/2016 12:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good night.
Particularly I would not advise you and more being such a small girl I recommend that you go to endo.
Everyone has a sensitivity to insulin and very different ratios.
I never advise to change doses even if I can have some small knowledge, because if that person suffered a hypo or a hyper because of me I would never forgive it.
In adults I sometimes think but I don't think and uffff in one child less.
If it has a 640 g with MCG and you go to an endo with graphics it will be very easy to give guidelines to follow.
Do not take it badly but it is a very delicate issue.
Maybe now you will be thinking "because for this you do not write" but after 29 years as a diabetic and having lived and seen many things is the best I can really advise you.
A good endo yes because there are some who let them go, in addition to that with a pump it is different
The bomb did not put a endo?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/19/2016 12:56 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello, thanks for answering.Yes, an endocrine could bethat the ratios should not be fine or that it is the problem

DiabetesForo
02/19/2016 1:04 a.m.

It is normal that you have hypos and hyper, you will not get glycemia between 80-150 always, there will always be one day that comes out of mother, because it is normal, sometimes because it has moved more than normal other pq a hormone of a hormone ofActue growth, it is very complicated to adjust the guidelines.

I don't know how you work, but I program my son's bomb (2 years), because there is no single day that this is the whole day.

Anyway, I lack information to advise you something else, my son goes to the nursery and we are not going to look at him glycemia or rectify, neither do I understand very well that the endocrine adjusts you, do not you adjust it?I don't know, I lack information on your part.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
02/19/2016 11:39 a.m.

I do adjust mine's that of others.Each one is a world and by a bad advice you can create a fat problem.The endocrine will have the evolution and will know, or so I hope, the evolution of the little one and the ratios.He can see all the MCG graphs and will be perhaps the most appropriate person to advise.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/19/2016 2:14 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Mu Niño we put it on a year and a half and it took almost two years to learn with the bomb, now we have the same as you, the 640. When they are small are more unstable, now with 6 and all much better experience, hemo underneathFrom 7 and less descents, now we all have drops and ups, it is inevitable and you have to learn to live with it.It is achieved and improved, very slowly but is done.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
02/20/2016 7:51 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Thanks to Aranzazuleg for your advice, what I mean that the endocrine adjusts it is because the 640g system with continuous glucose monitor (MCG) has a program that in Endocrine has access to it and you change the necessary ratios as Jconegar saysBut there are still hyper, hyper and very fast glucose increases and it can be what you say that is due to growth hormones among other things.Thanks to Papajesus1 for confirming that it takes time to handle the bomb, I really have a short time and I have a lot to learn from the pump and the diabetes behavior

DiabetesForo
02/20/2016 8:06 p.m.

Diabetes begins to be more stable when we become older and lead a more stable life, so to speak, when they are so small, everything makes it up or down abruptly, and when they reach adolescence already ..... we are going toThe horses unite the evil of love and already .....

patience!!!It is all that can be said, and constancy, because it is a disease that accompanies you a lifetime and you have to get it well not always a few years.

My son does not carry the continuous meter because we do not like to put it so early, they will have years, and the bomb is handled, absolutely whole, the sensitivity is modified at first and I have no longer touched it again, worse the ratios the ratiosAnd the basal almost every day there is some section to modify.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
02/22/2016 9:54 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.