Thinking about how to predict with relative accuracy what dose to administer

koyadovic's profile photo   06/02/2015 11:09 p.m.

Good to all,

My name is Miguel, I am 33 years old and I was diagnosed with type I diabetes mellitus shortly after turning 18.I wanted to tell you my experience with diabetes, about a subject I was thinking about a few years ago, and it was about trying to think about a system with which to predict with relative accuracy the doses of insulin to administer in a certain meal.

There are many things that influence the final dose ... From the hours to which you make the food, the physical activity that a diabetic patient plays, the amount of carbohydrates that will eat, the glucose level before said food, etc.

At first I noticed carbohydrates, being the most immediate.He gave me to think, if the percentage of carbohydrates of the most common food is a public domain fact (50%bread, 75%paste, approximately 20%potatoes, why not extract from all the meals that we makeexact amount of intake carbohydrates we make.Easy if one has the habit of weighing food.In addition, a lettuce, tomato and onion salad, along with a veal fillet and a piece of bread would only have to weigh the bread, is feasible!

At first I helped myself with Excel ... It was a very simple spreadsheet.In addition, as Excel helps you extract from a series of data functions that approximate the data entered, it occurred to me to cross grams of carbohydrates consumed with rapid insulin doses (or preprandial) that I managed.I tried everything, logarithmic functions, exponential, although in the end I ended up using the one that seemed more logical, a simple linear function.

From Excel, I went to some scripts that I executed my computer, then I scheduI use every day.

In the end of taking care of only preprandial or fast insulins, taking into account carbohydrates, I ended up adding more and more functionalities so that all the contingencies with which I could find me were collected.

Since I finished the activity where I build the graphics, I have gradually lowering the HBA1C to 6.4% and continued down.Be careful, I do not speak of miracles, it is about making the mobile the one who remembers and not us.Each hyperglycemia always brought with it a study from the same application on the days, moments or circumstances that led me to suffer such hyperglycemia.It was about collecting the modification that would have needed so that whenever this circumstance is repeated again, it is collected by the application and is not repeated.

I do not understand me badly, I just want the following to help other diabetics, who like me suffer from the disease.It is not about spam, the application I am talking about is completely free, and without annoying advertising.Let's say I don't win a hard for it, although I didn't do it to earn money, but health.

To demonstrate this, I will not even say the name of the application.If someone is interested, I will give the data.It is published on Google Play.

Thank you very much for your time, and much encouragement!

Miguel

koyadovic's profile photo
koyadovic
06/02/2015 11:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @koyadovic, welcome to the forum, so you explain the app seems interesting, please, copy the link here, so that it is easier to arrive.

On the other hand, you can also find several related issues, use the search engine and put "plate method", or "count" or "count hydrates", you will see that we have talked about the subject many times.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2015 11:16 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi Miguel, what you say sounds very interesting.I have lost when you have started talking about logarithms but I am a denial for mathematics.

I do not find inconvenient for me to say what application you have created, but wait to see what the moderators say.The way to see how it works is to try more people

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/02/2015 11:17 p.m.

Hi @fer, good night, thanks for the welcome :-)

Thank you very much, I will look at you.It is only that I read so far about these methods it seems that they always focus on making it easy for the diabetic patient to always eat the same amounts of carbohydrates.If once it went well with a certain dose the rest will also do well.

Using a linear function you could eat a few more days, others less.

koyadovic
06/02/2015 11:20 p.m.

The app is called Cafydia Diabetes

Above all, it is for people who use insulins in their treatments, for type II diabetics that are medicated with pills would not need their recommendations.

koyadovic
06/02/2015 11:23 p.m.

Is there iphone version?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2015 11:26 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Unfortunately not @fer :-(

koyadovic
06/02/2015 11:32 p.m.

If I get an Android I try it!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2015 11:44 p.m.

Miguel, I just installed the application and printing is great.It is an application for diabetes but to manage it from a point of view that I have not seen in any other (or at least I have not found), it seems a bit complicated so I do not think it is to use anyone if it does not have a littleof knowledge.The interactive tutorial that starts as soon as the program seems amazing and I see that on the website you have already started to put some tutorial.

I have not been able to see it thoroughly and until next week I will not be able to do it because I am going on a trip, but there is one thing that I think you should make it possible to modify according to the preferences of each one.I mean that you start working on the issue of the correction factor from the 100 glucose, but in my case I do it from 150

I encourage you to try the application, according to my first impressions it is worth it.It has worked out very well, is it the first one you do because it seems very well done.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
06/03/2015 9:45 p.m.

Joseludi said:
I mean that you start working the issue of the correction factor from the 100 glucose, but in my case I do it from 150

It seems to me a great idea @joseludi, then, in the next update I will put the option you comment.:)

It is true that it is a bit complex.Taking the roll costs at first a little ... it is only to understand that the rapids always go depending on the grams of carbohydrates that one eats ... for the physical activity or absence of it we have the corrective ones ... and for times where theRoutine is broken we have metabolic rhythms.Thus we can make modifications without touching the linear function, and then in the return to the routine everything returns to where we had it.

Thanks for the ideas and for your opinion :.This afternoon I will review the suggestion you have commented.It seems to me a great idea that you have to incorporate now!

Joseludi said:
It has worked out very well, is it the first one you do because it seems very well done.

Well, the truth is my first written application for Android, although I have been programming in other programming languages ​​for other platforms.Thanks once again!: D

Edito:

I have been thinking and I will do it as follows.It will be able to specify if you want me to correct the glucose above a value that you specify, and apart, that corrects you those that are below another value that you specify.

Activating these two options and selecting at both 100mg/dl would work as it is right now.

Activating only the first, which corrects glucose above a value and marking as value 150mg/dl could function as you say.

koyadovic
06/05/2015 9:19 a.m.

I see that you have incorporated the option to correct both above and below, I like it.

Tomorrow without fail I start using the application that I think is the best way to get to know it.Let's see how we fit it with the use of free and the days that I go to run (sport would be the main motivation but it is still soon to affirm it)

If I have any questions I will ask you.

Note: I don't know if it would be a good idea that you put a link to this forum in the Playstore so that people were encouraged to express their doubts and impressions.

DiabetesForo
06/09/2015 midnight

The complexity is something that has brought me many headaches, and in fact it continues to give them.The app is still adding more layers and layers of abstraction.The next thing that will be added is something that I am already testing with myself.Try that the application is self -adjusting.

For our part, it will only be necessary to add what we eat, and when we want the autoage between operation, glucose before and after the food we want to square, the app will make the rest.

The doubts and impressions would not know how to tell you, since in the same Play Store you can add comments, doubts, etc ... even though a forum is somewhat more prepared and specifically thought for it ..

Thank you very much for your comments @joseludi

koyadovic
06/10/2015 6:28 a.m.

koyadovic said:
of complexity is something that has brought me many headaches, and in fact it continues to give them.The app is still adding more layers and layers of abstraction.The next thing that will be added is something that I am already testing with myself.Try that the application is self -adjusting.

For our part, it will only be necessary to add what we eat, and when we want the autoage between operation, glucose before and after the food we want to square, the app will make the rest.

The doubts and impressions would not know how to tell you, since in the same Play Store you can add comments, doubts, etc ... even though a forum is somewhat more prepared and specifically thought for it ..

Thank you very much for your comments @joseludi

You are welcome.I don't know if you've modified something recently.I was causing the application and wanted to erase all the entries to start doing a fictional test (not with my real values), as the option of deleting history does not via, uninstall the application by erasing the cache and the data too.

I have again installed it but the option of choosing the level from which I want the correction factor, it has stayed at the 100 you had at the beginning is no longer.

By the way, I really liked the option of adding food from the Internet with its data

All the best

DiabetesForo
06/11/2015 11:25 p.m.

Are you going to be available for iPhone?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/12/2015 2:31 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, at first I did not change anything Joseludi, you should work the same.

Gala, at first not, it's just for Android.

I feel the delay in answering, I was tuned with the website.At Link you can find articles to better understand the application.

A hug

koyadovic
07/25/2015 8:18 a.m.

Hello Miguel, you don't have to apologize, you are doing this without any obligation (only the one that comes from you personally)

I no longer get the possibility to configure the correction levels (I only are interested in putting it to 70 and 150).I have uninstalled the application by erasing all the data, off the mobile, mobile and again installed.The result is that the correction factor continues at 100.

I do not really remember how I got to this situation, if it was when updating the version of the program or when putting test data and then wanting to try the application seriously and not being able to delete data from the application (I did not realize that it could be fromAndroid option to uninstall and program), decided to uninstall and install

Encourage Miguel and keep going :-)

DiabetesForo
07/25/2015 7:39 p.m.

Hello Miguel, very good application.

I have downloaded it and I have a doubt, how do we introduce the dose bases that we have a bomb?As you know some units are infused at the time.

Thank you.

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
07/25/2015 7:56 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

Joselu what is the correction factor?I just installed it and I don't know what values ​​to put because I don't know what is

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/25/2015 11:50 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

rafach said:
Joseludi who is the correction factor?I just installed it and I don't know what values ​​because I don't know what is

To get an idea: my endocrine has told me that my normal values ​​must walk between 70 and 150, if I have more I have to correct with fast insulin.He has calculated the correction factor and mine is 30, that is to say that if I have 210 I have to prick 2 fast units (or if it is before eating, 2 more units of fast)
I don't know if I have explained well or I brought it more.
When you set the program, do you get 100 or have several alternatives come out?

DiabetesForo
07/26/2015 12:42 a.m.

Well, I haven't heard.From 150 to 210 go 60 so I don't know where that 30 comes from.
I get 100 but click on top more options are displayed.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/26/2015 12:47 a.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.