Does anyone control only with diet and exercises?

zumo123's profile photo   06/17/2015 6:39 a.m.

Hello.I have type 2 diabetes. I have about 3 years of swimming several times a week.I have progressively changed my diet abandoning cakes, flours and sweets, replacing it with vegetables, mainly in juices.I would like to leave metformin, but still as bread and sugars although much less.With exercise, juices and metformin the blood glucose is in 110-120 on an empty stomach, and 130-140 postrandial, with values ​​through the day in 110. but without metformin they climb me to 130-140 on an empty stomach and 150-160 post-random, until200 If I like a cake.
I took a diabecon time, but I didn't notice any improvement.I took Janumet and kept the values ​​very very, but they say it gives cancer.I changed to metformin because he has many years in the market.But now I would like something with less harmful side effect.

Would anyone here want to share their experiences?

zumo123's profile photo
zumo123
06/17/2015 6:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

All people I know with type 2 diabetes need some type of medication, in addition to diet and exercise, I think that once they have debuted with diabetes, a turning turns is no longer possible (except for some cases with surgical interventions),In general, exercise and diet is preventive, and can work when pre-diabetes is detected, but when it is already a manifest case, I do not know cases.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/17/2015 10:02 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I carry 1

juice123 said:
hello.I have type 2 diabetes. I have about 3 years of swimming several times a week.I have progressively changed my diet abandoning cakes, flours and sweets, replacing it with vegetables, mainly in juices.I would like to leave metformin, but still as bread and sugars although much less.With exercise, juices and metformin the blood glucose is in 110-120 on an empty stomach, and 130-140 postrandial, with values ​​through the day in 110. but without metformin they climb me to 130-140 on an empty stomach and 150-160 post-random, until200 If I like a cake.
I took a diabecon time, but I didn't notice any improvement.I took Janumet and kept the values ​​very very, but they say it gives cancer.I changed to metformin because he has many years in the market.But now I would like something with less harmful side effect.

Would anyone here want to share their experiences?

11 months without taking any chemical drug, or insulin and I maintain, but the juices the fruits, and above all the rapid action carbohydrates, flours, cakes and all those derived from white and refined flourAs a Berber Volume complement that has the same effects as metformin, and many more has no side effects is a natural product, and you will notice it in just about two weeks you will see how glucose lowers, but that if you do not take it with theMetformin or you will have hypos, at the time of Erlegir I choose the natural, since the metformin does not leave any plant or known tree, I follow an Lchf diet rich in fat since it does not rise the glucose, if you leave the carbohydrates in theproportion that nutrition apprentices send you, and only with that you will notice the improvement.Ancel Keys that of the pyramid of the 7 lies is more than proven that he was wrong, that pyramid has only brought obesity and diabetes and I am one more victim of it.Greetings

Jose María Recio's profile photo
Jose María Recio
03/08/2018 1:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are many type 2 cases that leave medication with low hydrates diets, it depends on how exhausted the pancreas.In many cases it is only insulin resistance and can be reversed with diet and exercise, but it depends on the case.Exercise helps greatly improve insulin sensitivity, especially force exercise.And the low hydrates diet is basically eliminating sugars, flours and derivatives (especially refined), potato, rice and fruit always eating it not whole in juice.In return we must increase the consumption of vegetables of all kinds and good fats such as olive oil, nuts, avocado, etc.You can also eat fresh meats and fish, eggs and cheeses.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/08/2018 1:57 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

It depends on the insulin reserve that is left.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/08/2018 2:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.