Waste!!!

Monica_LTD's profile photo   08/03/2015 10:06 p.m.

Hello everyone,

We have not published anything about accessories for our diabetes.

What do you do with the needles, syringes, lancetas, catheters, ...., used?

As you know they are not only considered biological waste but also to be careful: click

There are many containers for the waste of sharp material, and it is not expensive.A 1.5-liter container costs about € 3-3.5.

In some autonomous communities they deliver them for free in health centers, in others not.

We leave you some models to see them.One of them is traveling, very useful if you are on vacation (there are countries where you can be fine if you do not deal with these waste correctly).

We have at home one of 1.5 liters that we reuse, when it is filled empty the content in a bag and lower it to the pharmacy, but while the waste is filled they are good.

In the store we give the little one, traveling, with orders, until they run out.The pity is that it is not reuse (some little hands that manages to remove the closing mechanism).

There are quite ingenious companions who are manufactured their containers with water plastic bottles or soft drinks, if it does not fit through the mouth of the bottle the residue is enlarged with scissors.

What is true is that we should raise awareness about the importance of correctly treating waste, in the trash they are quite dangerous.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
08/03/2015 10:06 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

The containers to have at least my health center at home at least and I should only replace them when they are full, with delivering them they give me another.For trips I have some that I was collecting, exactly now I don't remember how, or how.These are

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/03/2015 11:07 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I am given the health center, but I have always put the hood to the needles, I do not throw them without ever.
For trips, I miss everything to a bag apart, inside another bag and already.
If you throw them with the cap, it is difficult for someone to click.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/06/2015 9:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If @Aranzazuleg but keep in mind that they go to waste classification plants if they do not see identified as medical or biological waste material, most likely they do not destroy them.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
08/06/2015 4:51 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

aaaahhh ... Well look at that I had not fallen, nor by Asomo come on.

Well, nothing when I left home I will bring them home again and that's it, it is not so much mess.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/07/2015 11:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good to all :)
I am new in the forum, but I have diagnosed type II since 2004, and recently (in April) I have started with taujeo insulin, 16u (in addition to metformin).For now very happy with the results.Spectacular, both pre and postpandracial, and without a trace of hypos.

My big doubt is what to do with waste (needles, lancets and reactive strips) The truth is that they are giving me contradictory information and are dizzy.

1) Diabetologic nurse of the morning shift: "put everything inside an empty milk brick, and when it is full of the containers"
2) Diabetological nurse of the afternoon shift: "Don't even think of throwing it into the container. You have to take it to a sigre point or a clean point"
3) I call 010 information from my town hall: "That must go to the point Sigre. Never to the clean point"
4) Two pharmacies (Sigre Points) and Sigre Points Website: "No needle are collected. That you have to take your outpatient or to the clean point"
5) Clean points of my city: "No sharp-cortant material or biological waste is not collected"
6) A friend who is a waste technician in another City Council: "That can only be received by health centers. Neither the Sigre points, nor the clean points, much less the garbage containers"
7) Health Center: They didn't tell me anything when all the needles and reactive strips gave me.

On Tuesday I go for more needles, lancetas and strips to the health center., I plan to leave the coffee boat full with all that material used, and see what they tell me/do.

Can anyone shed some light on this?The truth is that they are completely dizzy

Thank you so much

Exfat's profile photo
Exfat
06/21/2018 1:37 p.m.

DM 2 desde enero 2004
Toujeo (16 ud) (desde abril 2018)
metformina desde el inicio
A1c: 8.0 (marzo 2018)

They gave me in the health center in yellow container and then you return it full and change it to you.Toxic material is considered.As @"luvi" says.
But last time I asked and told me that they are no longer considered. "Toxic."
So at home I use it and if I'm out I shot it in organic garbage.
That is, at home I have 5 containers !!!!Yellow, green, blue, brown (the new composting), oranges and mine of red cover with the skull.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/21/2018 7 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks for answering, Ruthbia.

On Tuesday I will go to the ambulatory to see what they tell me.The previous time (first visit) they didn't tell me anything about this topic (and it didn't occur to me to ask).With what they tell me I will have to make a decision.What is certain is that I am not going to storing that at home.

It seems shameful as until now, all the entities consulted (pharmacies, diabetological education nurses, town hall ...) throw all balls out and nobody gives a coherent answer.

All the best

Exfat's profile photo
Exfat
06/22/2018 4:37 p.m.

DM 2 desde enero 2004

No one is clear because there will be no legal regulations.
So we put the cap on the syringe and throw them in the trash, as long as they don't tell us what needs to be done.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/22/2018 7:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

This cryptic makes it clear about the Community of Madrid.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/24/2018 7 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Indeed, as it puts in the document that has uploaded @"luvi" the insulin needles go to the health center (at least in the Community of Madrid).

This morning I have gone to the ambulatory strips, and they have confirmed that they collect them.I have left my "coffee boat" and have given me a container of 1L of biological waste, which when full, takes them.
Doubt resolved.Thank you very much to all.

Exfat's profile photo
Exfat
06/26/2018 10:53 a.m.

DM 2 desde enero 2004

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.