{'en': 'Ángel Ramírez: "In diabetes, communication from fear, it doesn\'t work"', 'es': 'Ángel Ramírez: “En Diabetes, la comunicación desde el miedo, no funciona”'} Image

Ángel Ramírez: "In diabetes, communication from fear, it doesn't work"

fer's profile photo   02/24/2016 9:25 a.m.

Training through emotions a person about chronic disease suffering is a very complex process.It happens that, often, sadness, insecurity or stress hinders the path to learning.Therefore, when an initiative is committed to transmitting optimism, security, calm or illusion, it awakens so much interest.

Interview with Ángel Ramírez, promoter of this initiative and responsible for the Diabetes Social Digital Platform, in an interview issued digitally healthy.

“Although the information society has tools that allow us to reach many people, in the end human contact and sharing between people is fundamental.And the fact that people living near diabetes see other people who are going through the same situation already have the assured success.I believe that the secret lies there: in which the people themselves have to share and are potentially great communicators, ”explains Ángel Ramírez.

One of the novelties of this edition has been to offer the most earthly stories."It is very good to look for extraordinary models, but there are more normal and closer stories that also excite and motivate both patients and their relatives," says Social Diabetes creator.This expert acknowledges that around diabetes "there are many beautiful history to tell and that motivate to take control of the disease and not lower the guard."

However, this is not the only aspect to which Experience Day diabetes owes its success.Education through emotions and positive messages around diabetes is one of the main axes of the event.According to Ángel Ramírez, “in recent years, it has been educated in diabetes from a negative plane, from the fear of blindness, to be able to lose a leg or suffer a heart attack.This is true that it can happen, but this commitment to a negative communication has not paid off.We wanted to give it a positive approach understood as having diabetes does not limit anything: if you have the information, if you know how to manage the disease, if you see other peers who do normal things, you begin to realize that you can take control of your disease”

Ángel Ramírez emphasizes that in the treatment of people with diabetes you have to go beyond the aspects that have to do with food and physical activity: “A good mood allows you to better manage diabetes;On the contrary, stress or anguish situations trigger our blood glucose levels. ”And in this sense, families carry out a support, memory and implication work that also deserves their recognition: “We care a lot about the person with diabetes, but being a social disease, people who live with patients also deserve to begive love. ”

More than 1,500 people attended the event that Canal Diabetes organized on February 13 in Madrid, another 1,500 followed streaming broadcast, and many others spread content and impressions through social networks.No one wanted to miss the opportunity to witness testimonies that allow family members to humanize the disease a little more, but they did not want to waste the opportunity to contrast doubts and concerns with the best professionals in the field of technology and diabetes research.

And, as Ángel Ramírez clarifies, "there are many myths about diabetes that can break with the simple fact of asking a healthcare professional."Taking sugar, for example, is one of them.“Yes it can.You have to moderate your consumption and counteract it with physical activity, with certain insulin guidelines.But a person with diabetes can do any things, ”he reports.The expert insists that there is atremendous misinformation in society.He proposes to "give him the voice he deserves" with the aim of ending the false information that exists around her.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/24/2016 9:25 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I remember when I debuted 29 years ago with 14 years, the first thing they did was teach me a diabetes book with amputated fingers, black feet, blind people, fucking kidneys.That's how to start hahaha, as the times have changed, but you take care of that, I got directly crowded.
Do not take this, as commas of that.Well the best when I see now the "definitive" leave document signed by the inspection of the medical services of education and science so as not to do sports for being diabetic.
I do not know who came out the idea of ​​that request that was approved, if of me, if of my parents, of the school or of whom, but instead of talking to me and encouraging me to play sports for not playing sports.
Now I see myself and say, if I had done sports since they detected it as I do now perhaps I would do great things already.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/24/2016 10:58 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

And I suppose the doctors will no longer dedicate themselves to fight for a system, and to blame all the controls of the diabetic., above all, since unstable values ​​are proven with continuous measurement.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/24/2016 4:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.