Advances in the treatment of autoimmune diseases

Aspirante's profile photo   02/25/2016 12:55 p.m.

Hello friends,

I enclose the news that has been published in Nature magazine on studies that are being done jointly in Barcelona and Calgary to understand the functioning of the autoimmune system and "re -educate it" so that it does not attack the body's own cells.

I put the link to the Blog of the Hospital Clínic because the direct to Nature is "Durillo" to read for the high technical degree with which it is written.The hospital post is much easier to understand.

Here I leave it: Link

Greetings!

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
02/25/2016 12:55 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

In Nature say something when essays would begin in people?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/25/2016 1:08 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hi Sherpa41,

I know they are looking for financing to verify that nanoparticles do not generate toxicity in the human being.They are negotiating with several pharmaceuticals interested in the project.
All these studies always require many years of clinical trials and many millions of euros/investment dollars, but it is always hopeful that interesting advances arise.

It is a personal opinion, but I think that before a pharmacological cure is found for diabetes they will have already out of the market completely intelligent and autonomous insulin bombs.Hopefully I am wrong, but mobile computer science is advancing much faster than medical researchers.

Greetings!

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
02/25/2016 1:35 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

I like these types of comments, let's remain active in advance.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
02/25/2016 4:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.