New and with doubts about the Lantus

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/25/2015 11:56 a.m.

Hi, I'm new and I want to introduce myself. 4 weeks I got very bad and the analysis gave 400 glucose diabetes diabetes.I have many doubts and questions and I am also new in this to get on the Internet and I don't know if this I write will come out.Thanks to all those who are. My asks is that they put me pills in the morning and afternoon and Lantus at night and I always give the measures very low even after eating never step of 150 and I am always almost hicc up.I could download my dose of Lantus ??? is what a month is missing for my next endocrine event.Thank you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/25/2015 11:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Aliciaalicia and welcome to this world !!!!I am also a rookie in all this, my daughter was diagnosed not yet three months, and I don't know if I can help you a lot ... but here there are people who are an expert in all this.
My daughter also gets Lantus at night and at the moment we reduced doses when several days followed below 90. In the case of hypos after eating, in our case it is because of rapid insulin and we lower doses at meals,In your case, being with pills I do not know if it will be the same ............. but you do not pay much attention to me, hope that surely someone soon helps you.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/25/2015 12:16 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Alicia, if it is as Rocio says, if you are almost always low, you will have to lower a lantus from one in a unit until you wake up well.
If at the meals it went over 180, then you would need quickly at meals.
With those glucose of 400, it is likely that you are type1, it is important to diagnose you well and that they put the correct treatment.
Welcome!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/25/2015 2:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @aliciaalicia.It seems to me in your case a bit strange and I do not know if you are well diagnosed.If you are giving you pills, it is because they believe that you have type 2 diabetes, since they do not work to treat type 1 DM. It is rare that you begin your freshly diagnosed treatment with oral lantus and antidiabetics.It gives me that, between the lantus and the stimulation of the beta ccells produced by the pills, you have too much insulin in your body, so hypoglycemia.I do not know which endocrine will be taking you, but it seems to me that it is not hit by diagnosis or with treatment.In the event that you are DM 2 I understand that you are injected with regularize those 400 and peak, and once you stabilize, in months or weeks, you pass to the pills, but that you are taking both at the same time at the same time is strange.In the event that you are DM type 1, you can stop taking the pills, because they are useless.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
08/25/2015 2:42 p.m.

To me at the beginning of the whole also put me lantus and metformin, while we expected the results of the c peptide (this is a test that they have to do to diagnose correctly with type 1 diabetes or not).Obviously, as soon as the results came out, they took my metformin.I believe that many endocrine, if older debts (in my case with 25) assume that you could be type 2 until the opposite is demonstrated.
On Lantus, yes, go down what you need not to have hypoglycemia and be calmer.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/25/2015 3:21 p.m.

Hello thanks to all but indeed they do not know what kind of diabetes I have because I am very old for the 1 and yet I have debuted as if I had it because I am 57 years old I am waiting for the last analytics and I think that there they will discover it I repeat manyThanks to all I think this forum will help me a lot

DiabetesForo
08/25/2015 3:51 p.m.

In my case they only treated me with Lantus until the results of the C peptide had, because I believe that my endocrine saw that it was a type 1 even before having the results.I debuted with 320 and 37 years.By your age, it is rare that you are type 1, but in any case, it is clear that you have insulin right now.I agree that the most normal thing is that you go down the lantus little by little.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
08/25/2015 4:02 p.m.

I entered with 840 glucose, it didn't have to be very ready to know that I didn't have a single beta cell running.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/26/2015 2:37 p.m.

My mother!840. When I read the figures of some of your debuts, I put my hair standing.In my case, I suspected it immediately, for my work, and thanks to the fact that I work in a hospital, I did an analytical as soon as I began to notice strange things, and still was already in 300 and peak.That is why I believe that I still have reservations and I am having such good months, but we go, with 800 and peak, as you say, there is no possible doubt.In my case, they were doubting a little two weeks, until they saw the antibodies and the C.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
08/26/2015 5:10 p.m.

Hello everyone, I have finally found this thread as I think you say, I gave myself last week the diagnosis despite 57 I am type 1. They took away my pills and left me only lantus at night and another rapid or something like thatIf I pass 120 before. But I do not understand why they changed my treatment if I was very good and I had also dropped 3 kilos, now I am afraid to gain weight because I have hypothyroidism 12 years ago I have a hard time losing weight and I have read that the lantus fattening.Before I took meformina and I think these pills helped me to lose weight.Well, I don't want to bore them.Thank you all.

DiabetesForo
09/21/2015 12:04 a.m.

sprinkle said:
hello aliciaalicia and welcome to this world !!!!I am also a rookie in all this, my daughter was diagnosed not yet three months, and I don't know if I can help you a lot ... but here there are people who are an expert in all this.
My daughter also gets Lantus at night and at the moment we reduced doses when several days followed below 90. In the case of hypos after eating, in our case it is because of rapid insulin and we lower doses at meals,In your case, being with pills I do not know if it will be the same ............. but do not pay much attention to me, hope that surely someone soon help you that I.
>

Thanks Rocio in the end I am a 1 like your daughter.I hope that all these people who are here can help me I am full of doubts.

DiabetesForo
09/21/2015 12:08 a.m.

Alicia., Being type1, the effect of the pills was going to last little.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/21/2015 3:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

As Regina says, the pills in a diabetes 1 do not work.Metformin stimulates the pancreas to segregate insulin, but in a type 1 these pills have nothing to do, since for more than stimulate it, your pancreas can never segregate insulin, since their beta cells are dead.So there is no choice but to inject that insulin.Possibly the pills will work so far because you may still have beta cell reserve and your pancreas still produces some insulin.But well, finally, welcome to the world Lantus.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/21/2015 6:56 a.m.

Alicia., Being type1, the effect of the pills was going to last little.Hydrates q comas
Thanks Regina, but how many hydrates should I eat?They still did not teach me to count for rations, they only gave me a little book that they give to the children and so I am managing.

DiabetesForo
09/21/2015 12:50 p.m.

xorxie said:
As Regina says, pills in a diabetes 1 do not work.Metformin stimulates the pancreas to segregate insulin, but in a type 1 these pills have nothing to do, since for more than stimulate it, your pancreas can never segregate insulin, since their beta cells are dead.So there is no choice but to inject that insulin.Possibly the pills will work so far because you may still have beta cell reserve and your pancreas still produces some insulin.But well, finally, welcome to the Lantus world.
If you can answer another doubt about Rriesgo of being a heavy one I would appreciate it.Question: Apart from Lantus Me Diwron Novorapid can I use the same needles?
thank you so much.

DiabetesForo
09/21/2015 12:58 p.m.

No, don't use the same needle.You need a diabetes educator who explains rations and dose of insulin. They have to have it in your health center or in your hospital.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/21/2015 2:23 p.m.

Didn't they give you insulin bolis?
You have to have a portion plan, to start controlling doses of Ràpida.
Start by adjusting the Lantus.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/21/2015 2:26 p.m.

Regina gave me the recipe and bought insulin but does not wear needles.Tomorrow I have an appointment with Doctor and Nurse to ask for needles I hope also for the Lantus and I will ask for it for the rapi.
You have to have a portion plan, to start controlling doses of Ràpida.
Start by adjusting the Lantus.

DiabetesForo
09/21/2015 7:18 p.m.

In the case of my daughter, it was his pediatrician who paid us some rations of HC for each meal, based on a diet in relation to his age and his activity and from there the rapid doses, which we are adjusting depending on the moment.It should be your doctor who indicates the diet that you should follow.
Regarding the weight, my daughter has only recovered the weight she lost before her diagnosis, and that she eats much more than before, according to her pediatricgrowth.
And doubts ..... It seems that the more I know, the more doubts I have .... So don't worry, you're not the only one.The first thing I do as soon as I get to the office is to connect to the forum and read all the doubts that occur to me and when the doubt is urgently asked.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
09/23/2015 12:15 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.