Fear of hypoglycemia

dongui19's profile photo   08/31/2015 3:49 a.m.

Hello, my name is Carlos, I am 19 years old and I am a Cadiz and I have debuted 6 months ago with type 1 diabetes. Well, my main fears are hypoglycemia, I am afraid of hypoglycemia when I leave parties at night especially for a couple of months for a couple of monthsWhen I had a fat scare because of alcohol that lowered the sugar and ate carbohydrates and I did not upload the sugar, and of course instead of enjoying because I threw every night that I worry worried and measuring the sugar every twoFor three and well I always carry some sugar on top but I still continue with fear.I am also afraid of nocturnal hypoglycemia although I always use the trick of measuring the sugar before sleep but even as I say I still have that fear, and finally the fear of hypoglycemia when I do sports, in my case football, alwaysI have played but from my illness I have been afraid and the truth that I am not having a good time because I have many fears, I ask you to help me with your experiences or from your point of view to see how I can solve my fears to the different hypoglycemiaI have commented.thank you :)

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
08/31/2015 3:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

We are all afraid of hypoglycemia.If you want to do sports and go out at night I recommend a continuous meter like Dexcom or Frestyle.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/31/2015 4:20 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hello, my daughter has been with this for three months.As Sherpa41 says we are all afraid of hypoglycemia.
If it serves you something, my daughter is 13 years old and practices athletics ..... I don't even tell you how my husband and I spent every time she has a career, as with training, but there my husband usually goes out withShe and we are calmer.
During these three months my daughter has gone from not wantingOn the contrary, encourage her and tell her that nothing was going to happen .......) to see her enjoying what she likes most, seeing her to go with a smile from ear to ear and the quietest, the quietest, the quietest,And more getting podium, three this August ..... I cry again (equal or more than when he got his first trophy), when after two months of his diagnosis he got a third place and moreBeing the town where I was born and I have my whole family.And the past Saturday managed to be first ...
In our case, what we do is control glycemia before heating, just before starting the race and at the end.It always comes out with a glucose envelope, it goes with an identification bracelet of their illness and their companions already know what they have to do in case of seeing something strange.
In your case, that it is football, you should measure glucose during the game several times ...... And little by little you will lose fear, if my daughter is getting it you will also.
Regarding the night outings, no idea, the case has not yet reached ....... although during his entry his pediatrician told him that when the time came to prove it ......
And with respect to the nocturnal hypo, we also control before sleep and if it is below 150 a glass of milk is taken, so far it has only had one and usually rises between 90 and 100.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/31/2015 10:40 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I tell you I have 42 years diabetic since the 14. Good controls but with a problem hypoglycemia without apparent reasons, the pancreas took it from adoron and no matter how much we have studied situations we have not known why.
I have had two asymptomatic hypoglycemia where I have entered into a coma (the first time 24 hours or something more and the second about 12 hours), the last three years ago when I already decided to look for something that measured glucose in a continuous plan, I can assure you that3 years ago there was not so much talk about continuous meters.I bought the Dexcom and I have not suffered a hypo in these years.
We have all suffered with the nocturnal hypos that was the worst, and another issue is that usually when a diabetic gives a hicc does not accept that nobody as food because he says it is fine, well that happens to me and many acquaintances.
In sport the truth is I usually do something, I am not an elite athlete or amateur but I crushed something.
Regarding alcohol, since I have drink two glasses and I don't really get in my body as the glucose would act.
When I go out about 190 or it is a competition, glucose costs him to go down, it is not hard for him to go down and go up, with the bomb I already put insulin to avoid this before always left the same.
When I go out about 150 bass, I take HC slow absorption and then every 45 minutes I have to take something, it is a sport of hours and intense.
Little by little and over time you will see how you control everything great, that if neither the insu nor the pure glucose envelopes or pills are never forgotten.
Thank God I can afford to take Dexcom because I would be unable to do what I do but it was for him.
Right now I am preparing Talajara B-Pro Bike Supermraton, if I can anyone can, next year I go as I go and almost certainly I will also try to 101 from Ronda MTB.
I am preparing for a half marathon too.
My problem is that I start the sport too late, that the same does not happen to you, do not be afraid and fight little by little.
All the best,

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/31/2015 12:13 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

What I prefer to get out of hypoglycemia are glucose gels, there are rapids and sustained effect.
Since I am using this type of gels I have no bounces of being in 60mg/dl and moving to 200mg/dl in 30 minutes.
They recommend the rule of 15 and is what is best in my opinion.

RafaRobe's profile photo
RafaRobe
08/31/2015 9:59 p.m.

Hello Dongui.Do not worry because the fear of hypoglycemia, is something that all diabetics are going to have to happen, I have been 13 years ago and until 1 year I have not had that fear and it is when I have taken better controls, with this I do notI say you relax, the better you are controlled without reaching the best obsession ..
I debuted at the time when I still liked to leave (32 years old), when I came up or think of taking the glucometer, now with the chulat bands that there are and that are fashionable on top it costs nothing to wear the glucometer, sugar and sugarwhatever you want.Try if you have a decathlon in Cadiz some glucose gels in aptonia flavors that are absorbed super fast and you upload about 50-60 mg/dl very fast.If you go out and you have drunk alcohol even if you get very high home, do not think about clicking, eat hydrates, cereals, cookies etc. because that blood glucose is not real, it is alcohol and then it will lower you very fast.
As for football, it depends on what kind of matches you play, with colleagues, federated.Rociolinares comments to get glycemia several times in a game, I have played football and you and I know that this is impossible unless you are playing with your whole family that will be waiting for you every time you are going to do the test.Each person is a world but to lower the dose of insulin and eat more hydrates ... and failing that the isostar in powders rises the glucose a lot, having a bottle in case the flies nearby.

Fuck what plates I put !!!All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/31/2015 10:27 p.m.

Now you have the possibility of continuous measurement, the Dexcom (the option that seems more reliable but that requires an important initial investment) and the free freestyle (the cheap but now you have to register and put yourself in the waiting list to you canSend the sensors, although lately they are having problems with adhesion and with some people with skin reactions).There are other continuous measurement systems, but these two are basically the most used.

But what you should never do, I repeat N - U - N - C - A, is to let yourself be overcome by the fear of hypos.Take glucose always and know your sensations you will know when you should take them (when you don't wear glucometer)

You will see how little by little you will know how to live with diabetes.

Important note: Read everything you can in the forum, you will learn a lot

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/31/2015 10:40 p.m.

When you go out at night, wipe every two hours and try not to be less than 150.
If you are well controlled and
You have few hypos, you will notice quickly and you can take a juice, or cocacolao or sugar, or glucose, to trace them quickly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/31/2015 11:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello Dongui !!!!
Well here is my opinion, I hope it serves you:

I am 35 years old, debut about 5-6 years ago and being the only one in my family with this disease, we are somewhat surprised.
From my experience, be calm with the nocturnal hypos, the sugar always countered before goingIt is a world.
My educator tells me that there are patients who after putting on the continuous meter that explain to you, they realize that they have night values ​​of up to 19, but rise with more than 200 (rebound effect).
As for sport, patience, measures before starting and at rest, you will learn what values ​​you should start playing, just a nuance, control after finishing, because you can have low values ​​up to 3-4 hours of finishing the exercise.
Before diagnosing I diabetes (it is forbidden to say debut in this hahahahaha forum), towards a lotEvery day that passes, you don't see what you are looking at taking the rhythm again.
As for alcohol I cannot help you, I drank everything before being diabetic and now I don't drink any alcohol.
I forgot: to trace the hypos, as they also comment, juices, sugary drinks, jelly beans, glucose glycosport type pills, gels, cakes, donuts, cookies we are going that you can eat what you do not owe but in moderation.Because the most normal thing is that you pass from 40 to 300 for trying to get quickly.
Many spirits, forward and here you have us for what you need.

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
09/09/2015 8:25 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1. HG 7,3. Abril de 2016 Bomba Minimed 640G

Chimo, for the hypos the cakes, donuts, cookies and all that are worth.Those are slow hydrates.The best thing if you are at home a glass of 200 cc in cocacola and in a Pispas you are in normal values.If you want to keep those levels you can try to eat cookies that are slow hydrates.

Outside the house I always wear gluc up gels that are 15 HC, according to you see me also as cookies.All that will be given to you.

The only thing you should not do is empty the fridge and take advantage of those moments to get purple because the only thing you will get to put yourself in the clouds

DiabetesForo
09/09/2015 9:56 p.m.

To me the glucup is doing very well.I recommend you, if you do not want to spend the 20 euros that cost 3 glucup overflows, what doors with drinks with drinks: your body almost does not even have to digest them, they go very fast.For me the best is Cocacola, an individual sugary juice Brick, two glasses of milk ... I tell you from experience, this week I go to a daily hypo.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/09/2015 10:24 p.m.

Joseludi said:
chimo, for the hypos the cakes, donuts, cookies and all that are not worth.Those are slow hydrates.The best thing if you are at home a glass of 200 cc in cocacola and in a Pispas you are in normal values.

+1

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/09/2015 10:45 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

And if they give you nocturnal hypos, putting Lantus at night, pass it in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/10/2015 12:58 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

SSSSS.sssss do not tell me that this is not worth tracing the hypos, that my wife would stop buying those little things.
Now out of joke, you are absolutely right in the world, they are slow absorption HC.
Dongui, delete it from your mind !!!!!hehehehe

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
09/10/2015 10:07 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1. HG 7,3. Abril de 2016 Bomba Minimed 640G

xorxie said:
Glucup is doing very well.I recommend you, if you do not want to spend the 20 euros that cost 3 glucup overflows, what doors with drinks with drinks: your body almost does not even have to digest them, they go very fast.For me the best is Cocacola, an individual sugary juice Brick, two glasses of milk ... I tell you from experience, this week I go to a daily hypo.

¿20 euros ???

You will have been wrong Xorxie, the last time I have asked for them online, each box of 10 units 8.60 euros has cost me.

That is 86 centos the gel

DiabetesForo
09/12/2015 8:43 p.m.

Of course, they are like reactive strips.Online they are cheaper.Try buying them in a pharmacy ... you are sab.The same thing happens with the glucup: a robbery.So I will look online, thank you!It is very worth it, because it is doing very well.Today I have a hypo of 51 again, and I have traced it very well with the Glucup.I have gone to take a walk, and it was in 140, at 2 hours post-deseayuno.Good.I have taken a walk from my home to the Retiro Park, I live very close.A quiet walk, with a long horita.Well, when I realized, I was trembling.51. With the Gluc Up I traced to 115 and then, a small sandwich, and very well, neither rebounds nor crazy climbs: to 80 before eating.How is it possible that you start a walk in 140 and when you have a hypo of 50 ?? !!That I have gone to take a quiet walk, not to make mountaineering, pussy!

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/12/2015 10:55 p.m.

That happens to my running, I can start at 110, 150 or 200, at half an hour it starts to go down and after 40 minutes it is bitten.Well the descende chopped depends on the initial glycemic level, the greater the glymia in the gel

A year ago and peak I did not happen to me, now with a simple one -hour output I have to resort to gluc up in 1 or 2 gels (depending on duration, initial level of glucose or intensity)

I would recommend that he do not know the gluc up buy it/order in the pharmacy and if he likes it, buy it online in the necessary amount not to pay shipping costs

DiabetesForo
09/12/2015 11:17 p.m.

Where the cheaper I have found the Gluc Up: Link

I have asked for 2 boxes of 20 + shipping costs = 33 euros.In most sites a single box does not fall from 20.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/13/2015 1:35 a.m.

Joer!Thank you very much for the information.Have you tried any Glucosport pills?My educator has recommended them, for the days I am going to swim, but since the glucup is doing so well, I have not tried them.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/13/2015 2 a.m.

artories said:
where I have found the Gluc Up: Link 20- 20-sticks.html

I have asked for 2 boxes of 20 + shipping costs = 33 euros.In most sites a single box does not lower 20.

It is not much less where it is cheaper.Looking for a little you can find better prices.I have already bought in 3 different places, it is a matter of just looking for a bit and asking enough for you not to charge shipping costs.

Here are some cheapest sites:

Link
13.95 euros (free shipping from 45 euros, the collection in emails has special conditions) and are Zaragoza
Link
14.14 euros (free shipping from 70 euros and are Burgos
Link
15.09 euros (free shipping from 95 euros) and are Santander
Link
15.20 euros (they do not indicate shipping costs but as they are alcorcon you may be from Madrid you can approach)

DiabetesForo
09/13/2015 10:41 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.